ZO2 Impression Thread
Nov 29, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #541 of 1,126
I would just like to know if there are going to be any more revisions, before Digizoid send out the 2nd version to me.  Honestly if I had to wait a month or 2 I would for them to get it right I would.

Anyone got the answer ?

Nov 29, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #542 of 1,126
Wouldn't DigiZoid be the people to address your question to, or do Head-Fiers know something the people who manufacture the ZO aren't aware of ??

Nov 29, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #543 of 1,126
Nov 29, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #544 of 1,126
Of course, but I am sure I am not the only one who would like to know that answer and I'm sure others already know the answer.  No point in me wasting MMs time with the same question.

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #545 of 1,126
Just enjoy the thing. Mine is brilliant with MW3 - I'm never sending it back. If it breaks, I'll just throw it in the bin.

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #546 of 1,126
I recently received my repaired Zo2 and like other members here, find the results to be inadequate.  I actually enjoyed my ZO2 v1 using HO and my 32 ohm Grados.  It had a slight hiss, but the Smart Vector technology and amplification performed well when using headphone output.   I opted for the fix because I believed it would improve every aspect of the original Zo2 and was looking forward to hearing the technology in a fully functional product.

The V2 does add sub-bass, but seems to place a veil over the higher frequencies causing a loss of clarity and detail.   It also decreases the output of your DAP even at max V2 volume setting.  I played with every setting and configuration with the same result.   I wonder if trying to satisfy both headphone and LOD output is causing the discrepancies.

I’m a believer in Smart Vector technology and look forward to a functioning product.  I personally could do without the volume control…two versions maybe?

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #547 of 1,126
Is this amp going to sound better or worse with my 40ohm ultrasone 2900 headphones???....  

Is it more for cans around 150 ohm?...

That's what I'm confused about...   O..o

Because you cannot make an adjustment to let it know which ohm range your headphones are in...

Thanks in advance

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #548 of 1,126

Quote:
Is this amp going to sound better or worse with my 40ohm ultrasone 2900 headphones???....  

Because you cannot make an adjustment to let it know which ohm range your headphones are in...

Thanks in advance

Once digiZoid fine tunes it to perform as advertised, it should work great with your 40 ohm Ultrasones.

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #549 of 1,126

Quote:

Thanks in advance

I've tested with HE-300 which is 50 ohm and it barely drove them.  I think HE-300 needs more power though even at 50 ohm.  My other cans, that are 40 ohms and less, it drove them fine.  Anything in the high ohm range, I don't think it will drive them.  

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #550 of 1,126
I think Digizoid should either get a Hi/Lo gain switch working on the Zo2 or just design two products. One for IEMs and one for headphones.
This back and forth between IEM users having too much hiss/volume and headphone users not having enough amplification is getting tedious. Focus on one market please.

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #551 of 1,126
@TC44, thanks for that - another vote for the power of the ZO2 V1. A lot of those who sent their ZO back must be breaking out in a cold sweat by now.

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #554 of 1,126
Quote:
@TC44, thanks for that - another vote for the power of the ZO2 V1. A lot of those who sent their ZO back must be breaking out in a cold sweat by now.

I am not going to send them back a second time. International shipping and the longer waits do not come cheap. As long as the ZO2 v2 works well out of LOs with IEMs, it should be fine with me.

It'd be wiser to wait and spend money next year on ZO3 than sending back to fix the "fixed" ZO2. I also hope that digiZoid would learn from this and send review units of ZO3 to get feedback before releasing it.

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #555 of 1,126
Ehh, luckily I wasn't home for the holidays and didn't have time to send my ZO2 back to get "fixed." Now I am sitting on the fence...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back