ZO2 Impression Thread
Nov 30, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #572 of 1,126

Quote:
How does the change between hi/lo happen?

When your in volume mode, you have 32 levels of adjustment. When you reach level 32 (indicated by a change of lightbar color from blue to purple), you hold the wheel in the upward position for (I think) 3 seconds. It will then automatically switch into high gain mode. To come out of high gain mode just rotate the wheel downward once, and it goes back into low gain mode.

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #573 of 1,126
I'm insanely excited for the new Revision 3 If you like
redface.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #574 of 1,126

Quote:
When your in volume mode, you have 32 levels of adjustment. When you reach level 32 (indicated by a change of lightbar color from blue to purple), you hold the wheel in the upward position for (I think) 3 seconds. It will then automatically switch into high gain mode. To come out of high gain mode just rotate the wheel downward once, and it goes back into low gain mode.

well that sounds clever.

I'm still not returning mine, Im happy with it. unless the rev 3 get very good impressions.

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #577 of 1,126
My nephew says:

WOW! That's the best way to listen to "The Backyardigans"! I'm thinking about steal this J3 thing... and this ZO2 thing (I like the lights on it, too!)... and this (almost) over the (my) ears headphone! Will wait till my uncle fall asleep...

I'm with McProgger... I'll wait to read reviews on v3, then I'll decide if i'm going to send it back to fix or keep it as it is...

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #580 of 1,126

Quote:
And there you have it Kids :) .....  Honestly what more people can expect from DigiZoid, they really are trying to making everyone happy.

I've been happy with my ZO2 V1 from the day it arrived, if a little underwhelmed with the LO's output power on some of my cans - I seem to recall that most of the 'unhappiness' was generated by several prominent posters in this thread who have engaged in endless speculation, and that is where the hype factor around the ZO2 really took a pounding. I suspect that the owners of sensitive IEMs will always be better served by amps built specifically for their unique characteristics - in trying to create a device that would be 'all things for all people', I believe Digizoid stumbled face first into a hornet's nest. I wish them luck with the next release. 

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #582 of 1,126
I sent mine out on the 17th. So hopefully I'll get the 3rd version as well?

Quote:

Hello everyone,

We thought it was important to clear the air on a few subjects, including a little bit about who we are.

We are a family operation, and we mean that quite literally. Paul Berg is the founder of digiZoid and the developer of SmartVektor technology, and is an accomplished electrical engineer. His wife Cindy is in charge of customer service, and is the "voice" behind the emails that thoughtfully answer so many questions each day. I, Karen (who many of you know as MizMoxie), am their daughter, and I am head of marketing as well as a biomedical engineer. Some of you have seen the thank you cards delivered with the RMA'd ZOs, so now you can say you have a card signed by an entire company!

All of us here have been working tirelessly to satisfy your desires for a convenient, affordable, but above all, quality device that gives you a powerful listening experience. Thanks to all of your feedback and input, we have made new strides in this cause. We have offered LOD capability, very low noise, and volume adjustment. But with the most recent as-yet-unreleased revision, we are adding a new high gain mode that offers all the power of the original ZO for the power-hungry cans.

If you have not received a notice of shipment as of Nov. 23rd, then you will be receiving a ZO2 with this latest feature. Please keep in mind we are a small company with limited resources, and we are working to ship this version shortly.

Nov 30, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #583 of 1,126
@burtomr, I believe those are *bees*. If they were hornets, the only 'smile' on that gentleman's face would be rictus, and his head would be about four times its current size.

Nov 30, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #584 of 1,126
I will be sending mine in now for the v3 fix (never did the v2). I don't mind being an early guinea pig 
biggrin.gif

TY, Digizoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back