ZMF Verite Open
Aug 28, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #5,041 of 9,515
I'm afraid you guys are wasting your time looking at the sheets. They are meaningless now. Zach has pretty much abandoned updating them except for adding new orders to them. Here's what he said in the Auteur thread on August 11:

" Things are always happening faster than on the order sheets - truth is I just give much more attention to production than updating the sheets, I'm working to get better at that! We are looking for a way to integrate it into production more so that I'm not always having to try to remember to the updates at the end of a long production day. Sorry about that!"

Everything is meaningless.
Except Verite
All hail verite

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #5,042 of 9,515
:beyersmile:
Maybe you can post a review about their difference in sound since different wood is used. :smile:

I'll post my findings once I get my camphor burl. Although I reckon the differences may not be worth mentioning!

Aug 30, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #5,044 of 9,515
Yeah, I liked the Verite best with Lazuli, but it is good with all of them. The Danacable maximizes the Verite's ridiculous dynamics and impact. That combo is rowdy!
Is Lazuli just Lazuli or Lazuli Reference?:dt880smile:

Aug 30, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #5,045 of 9,515
Fun comparison of today: ZMF Verite Camphor Burl (10 hours burn in) vs ZMF Verite Pheasantwood (300 hours+ burn in)

Camphor Burl has more impactful nature, from bass to treble spectrum. It's more lively, more aggresive, with more forward vocal as well. Has more treble bite, with more bass punch, and more upper mid presence, with less lower midrange bloom.

Pheasantwood is more relax, softer tone, with laidback vocal. Bass has less impact, with similar quantity, smoother treble and upper mid. Fuller midrange body. More midcentric type, but has wider soundstage too.

Note: Both Verite open, so actually they sound similar rather than different. All differences here are small degree, and actually I should put "slight" word to each points. Both use verite pad. Camphor Burl has closer character to silk wood Verite. While pheasantwood has the most relax character among them.

Looks:
Camphor Burl is more glamour, more attractive, shiny, and beautiful. Pheasantwood is about calm, mature, elegant feel with more actual wood texture.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #5,046 of 9,515
Fun comparison of today: ZMF Verite Camphor Burl (10 hours burn in) vs ZMF Verite Pheasantwood (300 hours+ burn in)

Camphor Burl has more impactful nature, from bass to treble spectrum. It's more lively, more aggresive, with more forward vocal as well. Has more treble bite, with more bass punch, and more upper mid presence, with less lower midrange bloom.

Pheasantwood is more relax, softer tone, with laidback vocal. Bass has less impact, with similar quantity, smoother treble and upper mid. Fuller midrange body. More midcentric type, but has wider soundstage too.

Note: Both Verite open, so actually they sound similar rather than different. All differences here are small degree, and actually I should put "slight" word to each points. Both use verite pad. Camphor Burl has closer character to silk wood Verite. While pheasantwood has the most relax character among them.

Looks:
Camphor Burl is more glamour, more attractive, shiny, and beautiful. Pheasantwood is about calm, mature, elegant feel with more actual wood texture.

No pics :)

Aug 30, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #5,048 of 9,515

Looks:

Very interesting post, given how much speculation there is here & on other ZMF HP threads about the differences in sound between various stock & LTD woods.

Aug 30, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #5,051 of 9,515
Just ordered me a pair of Verite Open yesterday! Super stoked on them. Anyone got pad recommendations for Gaming?

I've only used verite pads and they work well for fps games. I can pick out footsteps easily and the natural timbre creates an immersive experience. Suede pads could expand the soundstage but imaging/enemy position might be less accurate.

Aug 31, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #5,052 of 9,515
I've only used verite pads and they work well for fps games. I can pick out footsteps easily and the natural timbre creates an immersive experience. Suede pads could expand the soundstage but imaging/enemy position might be less accurate.

Agreed! I've been rocking the verite pads (perforated lambskin) on my VO for the past year... and it's been great for gaming.

Aug 31, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #5,053 of 9,515

Cool I'll give those a try! I was curious if the BE2 Pads would be any different or Universe pads.., I do gaming more than music listening and definitely want to land on the right pair (or pairs) for immersive cinematic gaming for Cyberpunk 2077 :)

Sep 1, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #5,055 of 9,515
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back