ZMF Verite Open
Aug 26, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #5,026 of 9,534
random question but is it generally viewed that DAPs like the fiio m11 lack the horsepower to run the Verite, auteur, etc? I generally only use mine with a proper balanced rig, I tried using my verite with this dap out of curiosity and found I had to nearly max out the volume. Everything sounds congested to me.
I doubt it would sound bad, but you definitely wouldn't be getting the most out of the headphones since they scale like mad. I was surprised how good they did sound from my Shanling M2...not what I expected. Again, nowhere near it's potential but very listenable IMO.

Aug 26, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #5,027 of 9,534
Looks like the Verite Open Camphore Burl is no longer on ZMFs website. I wonder if that is it for that LTD wood on the open. It is still available on the closed.

Likely means they'll be transitioning to another wood soon. The closed Verite says "Limited Availability" underneath its picture on the site.

Aug 27, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #5,029 of 9,534
I would like to know that as well. Been patiently waiting for mine

Aug 27, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #5,030 of 9,534
I would like to know that as well. Been patiently waiting for mine
Tomorrow is week 11 for me and I have been watching the first 8 people be in QC for almost 4 weeks now.

it’s tough to be patient when you are excited, but good things come to those who wait. I have a bass guitar on order that is now 7 months past it’s initial 8 month estimate...and this is from a major boutique dealer.

I’ve resisted the urge to message Zach because I am sure there is a good reason...including a TON of people ordering ZMF.

i have no doubts that the good things will come to those who wait! :)

jc

Aug 27, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #5,031 of 9,534
Tomorrow is week 11 for me and I have been watching the first 8 people be in QC for almost 4 weeks now.

it’s tough to be patient when you are excited, but good things come to those who wait. I have a bass guitar on order that is now 7 months past it’s initial 8 month estimate...and this is from a major boutique dealer.

I’ve resisted the urge to message Zach because I am sure there is a good reason...including a TON of people ordering ZMF.

i have no doubts that the good things will come to those who wait! :)

jc

This is why I purchased a Cocobolo VO from a user here right as I ordered my Camphor Burl VO.

Now I need to figure out what I'm going to do when my Camphor burl comes in next week :sweat_smile:

Aug 27, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #5,033 of 9,534
I remember the good ol days, way back when in the days when Eikon and Atticus were first announced. I really started getting antsy when I got to month 5.

Now get off my lawn.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #5,035 of 9,534
It's tough to wait it out I know.

IIRC there's really no discernible rhyme or reason to how long it takes from one phase or another. Zach has his reasons which change with parts or wood availability, maybe specifics to working with specific woods, how many orders and a plethora of other variables I'm sure. I am confident he works as hard as he can to get as many out as fast as he can (while still maintaining the level of quality we've all come to expect of course).

Patience is a virtue, not a Verite I know.

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #5,036 of 9,534
It's tough to wait it out I know.

IIRC there's really no discernible rhyme or reason to how long it takes from one phase or another. Zach has his reasons which change with parts or wood availability, maybe specifics to working with specific woods, how many orders and a plethora of other variables I'm sure. I am confident he works as hard as he can to get as many out as fast as he can (while still maintaining the level of quality we've all come to expect of course).

Patience is a virtue, not a Verite I know.

Definitely well said. I’m not sure what’s better, Zach or the headphones. Care and customer service is rare these days.

This certainly isn’t my first time “on the sheets” and it won’t be my last, and yes, it will always be painful..... it’s been 10 minutes, time to refresh the browser again :)

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #5,037 of 9,534
This is why I purchased a Cocobolo VO from a user here right as I ordered my Camphor Burl VO.

Now I need to figure out what I'm going to do when my Camphor burl comes in next week :sweat_smile:
Maybe you can post a review about their difference in sound since different wood is used. :smile:

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #5,038 of 9,534
Keep in mind, they are moving production locations as well. Moving sucks. Covid sucks. Verite doesn't suck. Worth it.

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #5,039 of 9,534
I'm afraid you guys are wasting your time looking at the sheets. They are meaningless now. Zach has pretty much abandoned updating them except for adding new orders to them. Here's what he said in the Auteur thread on August 11:

" Things are always happening faster than on the order sheets - truth is I just give much more attention to production than updating the sheets, I'm working to get better at that! We are looking for a way to integrate it into production more so that I'm not always having to try to remember to the updates at the end of a long production day. Sorry about that!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back