ZMF Verite Open
Feb 6, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #9,451 of 9,511
Feb 7, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #9,452 of 9,511
When you have two hobbies!
VO Portrait
832ED347-36AA-4870-A58F-762BE7880C27.jpeg

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #9,454 of 9,511
There hasn't been a design change to the pads - there is some small variance among batches though. The biggest difference was that we went from laser cutting the pads to using a die cut for the newer ones so they may look more different than they actually are. Because we use vegetarian tan leather that has more variance than chemically treated chrome tan leather that is used on many pads.

For more distance for the ear from the driver the easiest recommendation is some paracord below the pad foam and above the driver covering mesh.

I also really like the Caldera Ultra Perf pads with the Verite, Atrium and any model that uses Universe pads if looking for an alternative.
Appreciate your feedback and recommendation. Looking at the pictures the caldera pads might be a good fit as it looks notably wider than other pads so I might get that to replace my aging universe pads.

Feb 13, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #9,458 of 9,511
VO sounds great with Aegis.
I really feel like there should be a couch to ironman type training plan for amp building - a list of tools and skills you'll need to acquire to be successful.

Also, what headphone stand is that?

Feb 13, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #9,459 of 9,511
I really feel like there should be a couch to ironman type training plan for amp building - a list of tools and skills you'll need to acquire to be successful.

Also, what headphone stand is that?
I did a weekend seminar for building an 18-watt guitar amp. It was highly informative and confidence-building. I'd love to do one for headphone amps, if such a thing existed.

Feb 14, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #9,461 of 9,511
I did a weekend seminar for building an 18-watt guitar amp. It was highly informative and confidence-building. I'd love to do one for headphone amps, if such a thing existed.

I built a Marshall 18W repro as well. It was a ton of fun:

SWOhGCl.jpg

While it's not a seminar, I'd recommend building the Aegis DIY headphone amp. The instructions are incredibly thorough. With your previous amp experience, I expect that you'd have no issue building one.

TVDm9pb.jpg

Here's the link about it: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aegis-diy-tube-headphone-amplifier.965530/

ZMF is going to release a commercial version of the amp as well, but it sounds like you want to build something.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #9,462 of 9,511
I built a Marshall 18W repro as well. It was a ton of fun:

SWOhGCl.jpg

While it's not a seminar, I'd recommend building the Aegis DIY headphone amp. The instructions are incredibly thorough. With your previous amp experience, I expect that you'd have no issue building one.

TVDm9pb.jpg

Here's the link about it: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aegis-diy-tube-headphone-amplifier.965530/

ZMF is going to release a commercial version of the amp as well, but it sounds like you want to build something.
This is great! Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't even know this existed, so I'll read up and learn more. Looks like a nice headphone amp.

Feb 14, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #9,463 of 9,511
This is great! Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't even know this existed, so I'll read up and learn more. Looks like a nice headphone amp.

It's quite fantastic, actually. The build process is fun, but there's no point if you don't end up with a great amp afterwards. Ignoring the DIY aspect of it, it's a great amp that I'd put against anything I own.

Feb 18, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #9,464 of 9,511
An absolute pleasure to listen to this album with Verite. I love how it presents all the details in a calm way and combines it with that warm, lush sound on such a large soundstage.

Tbh I didn't know this artist and I chose it randomly from “New releases” on Qobuz, but I'm really enjoying it. Perfect for a quiet Sunday afternoon

1708270173074.png

Feb 26, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #9,465 of 9,511
Whoever own a Verite should purchase a tube amplifier . I know this comment came out of nowhere. I missed a lot from my Verite by not purchasing tube amp for Verite. Bought affordable OTL tube ta26s and i didnt expect Verite to evolve this much in sound. It is as if the driver now is energized with life and everything sound more realistic and holographic with longer decay, smooth, liquid like sound. Man i didnt know it make a lot of different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back