ZMF Verite Open
Jan 27, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #9,436 of 9,535
Gentlemen, I have the opportunity to buy a Zmf 2k cable at a good price, now I have Forza Noir, it's worth it
That is a very nice cable! If it’s substantial discount and better than your current one, go for it.

Jan 27, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #9,437 of 9,535
Only if you are at the very end of your headphone journey and tested everything you wanted in that regard. Also with amps etc. Then go for an expensive cable. I am not there yet and may never will be. I think paying extreme amounts of cash for a cable is stupid (but we all are, to a degree stupid in that hobby), but others will disagree. I also have the best Forza cable and was on the verge of getting a 4k TOTL cable, but after thinking about it, i got another headphone which i'm sure gives me more joy. You might agree, you might disagree...

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #9,438 of 9,535
Something that is absolutely mesmerizing with VO

Jan 29, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #9,439 of 9,535
Something that is absolutely mesmerizing with VO

Thanks for the recommendation! I found the album on Qobuz. Wonderful voice. Very pleasant listening with the VO

Feb 3, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #9,440 of 9,535
Found myself listening to the new KMFDM album that was released today. The "supporting" words I need to describe just how much I am enjoying it with the Verite Open are not allowed to be published here. :)

Feb 3, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #9,441 of 9,535
Found myself listening to the new KMFDM album that was released today. The "supporting" words I need to describe just how much I am enjoying it with the Verite Open are not allowed to be published here. :)
Is it more $%!#%&?
Or ******* ****?

Feb 3, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #9,442 of 9,535

Their music is sampled, totally fake. It's done by machines 'cause they don't make mistakes.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #9,443 of 9,535
Gentlemen, I have the opportunity to buy a Zmf 2k cable at a good price, now I have Forza Noir, it's worth it
Going from stock to a better cable is a must! Just did with those Norne Cables and the difference was really apparent. More resolution and better staging.
Now from Forza to 2k, it will not be much of a difference. But, if you don’t have a balanced connector on the forza, it’s worth getting a balanced cable this time around. Preferably the 4.4MM that you can use adapters after for single ended or 4 pin xlr. You’ll be ready for any future amp upgrade.
You also get , in some cases, more power and better sound out of balanced output.

Attachments

• AFBE052E-EBA4-4261-8C06-E1402BDE2780.jpeg
    AFBE052E-EBA4-4261-8C06-E1402BDE2780.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 5, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #9,445 of 9,535
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if the Universe pads have changed over the years? I recently got a new set that looks more perforated than the ones I've used for several years. The dimensions look exactly the same. I haven't had a chance to compare the sound, but I thought this was interesting.
A bit late to the topic but I think it's worth exploring in detail.

I noticed a great deal of difference between the universe pads pre 2020 and the ones I got from my Atrium (~2022). Most notably is the deeper and wider cavity on the older pads. I have pretty big ears my ear lob and helix never touched the ear mesh on the older pads but can't say the same for the newer ones, which are narrower and not as deep. Big difference in comfort for me and I'm not a fan of the newer versions which is a problem as my older pads have started peeling. Perhaps @zach915m can confirm if there's an actual design change and if there's an alternative for people who prefer the wider and deeper cavity of the older universe pad.

Feb 5, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #9,446 of 9,535
A bit late to the topic but I think it's worth exploring in detail.

I noticed a great deal of difference between the universe pads pre 2020 and the ones I got from my Atrium (~2022). Most notably is the deeper and wider cavity on the older pads. I have pretty big ears my ear lob and helix never touched the ear mesh on the older pads but can't say the same for the newer ones, which are narrower and not as deep. Big difference in comfort for me and I'm not a fan of the newer versions which is a problem as my older pads have started peeling. Perhaps @zach915m can confirm if there's an actual design change and if there's an alternative for people who prefer the wider and deeper cavity of the older universe pad.

There hasn't been a design change to the pads - there is some small variance among batches though. The biggest difference was that we went from laser cutting the pads to using a die cut for the newer ones so they may look more different than they actually are. Because we use vegetarian tan leather that has more variance than chemically treated chrome tan leather that is used on many pads.

For more distance for the ear from the driver the easiest recommendation is some paracord below the pad foam and above the driver covering mesh.

I also really like the Caldera Ultra Perf pads with the Verite, Atrium and any model that uses Universe pads if looking for an alternative.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Feb 5, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #9,447 of 9,535
I think paying extreme amounts of cash for a cable is stupid (but we all are, to a degree stupid in that hobby), but others will disagree.

I agree with you. I have tried many different cables and I have never heard any difference.

Feb 5, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #9,448 of 9,535
I agree with you. I have tried many different cables and I have never heard any difference.
It’s funny, I bought a custom cable from Marco in Sydney and it’s lovely. A friend in the business could definitely tell me it sounded better. I was also a part of a group recently blind testing iem cables. I don’t have the best hearing but I and the entire group could tell a noticeable difference between the 2. One had was copper, one was silver. The silver had much more bass presence than the copper and the copper had a tad more up top. I’ve never been a huge believer in cable differences but I now know they can sound different. But I would never spend silly money on them. I’ve seen people with $3k cans, spending $2k on cables. Law of diminishing returns has to kick in here….

Feb 5, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #9,450 of 9,535
It’s funny, I bought a custom cable from Marco in Sydney and it’s lovely. A friend in the business could definitely tell me it sounded better. I was also a part of a group recently blind testing iem cables. I don’t have the best hearing but I and the entire group could tell a noticeable difference between the 2. One had was copper, one was silver. The silver had much more bass presence than the copper and the copper had a tad more up top. I’ve never been a huge believer in cable differences but I now know they can sound different. But I would never spend silly money on them. I’ve seen people with $3k cans, spending $2k on cables. Law of diminishing returns has to kick in here….
In my experience buying expensive cable and chinese one. Well they did overcharge cable price. The cheaper cable can defeat (in sound quality) the more expensive cable and it happen often in my experience. Depend on the material, cable impedance, and how clean , and careful they make it.

Anyway it has been so long i have not tried BE2 pad , i notice that BE2 pad is more vocal forward with extra sweetness up top and more punchy rumbly low. Is this W shape sound?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back