ZMF Verite Open
Dec 25, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #8,176 of 9,521
Quick question as I'm considering a VO from the classifieds. Has it undergone any sort of revision or known internal change since it was first released?
No

Dec 25, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #8,178 of 9,521
Thanks for the best possible answer :pray:

And externally, the only thing you’ll want to know is if it has crescent band (roughly post Jan/2022) or otherwise just replace yourself (nice comfort upgrade). Zero impact on purchase…

Dec 25, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #8,179 of 9,521
And externally, the only thing you’ll want to know is if it has crescent band (roughly post Jan/2022) or otherwise just replace yourself (nice comfort upgrade). Zero impact on purchase…
And I'll add that on my sub-500g units the original headband feels just as comfortable as the crescent headband. It might be more needed for the heavier units IMHO.

Dec 26, 2022 at 12:43 AM Post #8,180 of 9,521
Hi guys,
I only owned DAP and IEM before. Recently, I came across ZMF, and I think it will be quite suitable for me. Fortunately, I bought the VO from others with a lower price. I plan to invest USD 7,000 in my headphone system. I hope someone can give me some experience and advice so that I won't waste money on bad combinations. It's my future scope of my system:
PC -> Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 -> HOLO spring 3 L3 -> Wireworld Eclipse 8 -> Tube amplifier -> ZMF Verite Open (6.3/4pin XLR).
About the tube amplifier, I hesitate between Auris Audio HA-2SF, Cayin HA-6A and McIntosh MHA200. I don't consider the Feliks because their EUFORIA EVO version is not sold in my area, unless someone strongly recommends the version without EVO to me. The price of above three tube amplifiers are around USD 2,500, but they have different price in my area. Auris Audio HA-2SF is USD 2,580, Cayin HA-6A is USD 2,900 and McIntosh MHA200 is USD 3,548. Does anyone own these tube amplifiers and also have the VO that can give me some advice? Now I only know that Cayin has some problems with the noise floor. In addition, the liquidity of the tube is also a consideration. If you can give me some advice, I will be very grateful. Please forgive my basic English. I wrote down the post by google translate.

Dec 26, 2022 at 1:58 AM Post #8,181 of 9,521
Hi guys,
I only owned DAP and IEM before. Recently, I came across ZMF, and I think it will be quite suitable for me. Fortunately, I bought the VO from others with a lower price. I plan to invest USD 7,000 in my headphone system. I hope someone can give me some experience and advice so that I won't waste money on bad combinations. It's my future scope of my system:
PC -> Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 -> HOLO spring 3 L3 -> Wireworld Eclipse 8 -> Tube amplifier -> ZMF Verite Open (6.3/4pin XLR).
About the tube amplifier, I hesitate between Auris Audio HA-2SF, Cayin HA-6A and McIntosh MHA200. I don't consider the Feliks because their EUFORIA EVO version is not sold in my area, unless someone strongly recommends the version without EVO to me. The price of above three tube amplifiers are around USD 2,500, but they have different price in my area. Auris Audio HA-2SF is USD 2,580, Cayin HA-6A is USD 2,900 and McIntosh MHA200 is USD 3,548. Does anyone own these tube amplifiers and also have the VO that can give me some advice? Now I only know that Cayin has some problems with the noise floor. In addition, the liquidity of the tube is also a consideration. If you can give me some advice, I will be very grateful. Please forgive my basic English. I wrote down the post by google translate.
Perhaps also read this thread and ask over there as well. Lots of great info on amps.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-un-official-amp-thread-for-zmf-headphones.965309/

Dec 27, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #8,183 of 9,521
The Verite Open driven by Linear Tube Audio MZ3 (M-O-V A2900 pair, Sylvania 12SN7 pair) is unworldly fantastic ! 8D577525-2C0E-416A-A355-5D8D2A53FFCC.jpeg
Congrats! Welcome to the VO club. That's a really beautiful set you have there!

Dec 27, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #8,184 of 9,521
I hope someone can give me some experience and advice so that I won't waste money on bad combinations.

Don't waste your money on expensive cables. You could spend this money on some NOS tubes / IFI NEO Streamer.

Dec 31, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #8,185 of 9,521
Since the releases of the Atrium & Caldera the Vérité got somewhat forgotten. True shame in my opinion.

With some minor eq tweaks you will have a hard time finding anything that comes even close to the them: Superb technalities, almost planar like bass, engaging timbre, amazing comfort and the leagues-above-its-competition build quality of Zmf.

Also the looks! 😉

1000006180.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #8,186 of 9,521
Since the releases of the Atrium & Caldera the Vérité got somewhat forgotten. True shame in my opinion.

With some minor eq tweaks you will have a hard time finding anything that comes even close to the them: Superb technalities, almost planar like bass, engaging timbre, amazing comfort and the leagues-above-its-competition build quality of Zmf.

Also the looks! 😉

Gorgeous set you got there 😍 I agree with most of what you said (don’t need to EQ mine though, to my ears sounds great out of the box) and even though the Atrium and Caldera are stealing all the spotlight atm, and probably rightfully so (heard they’re great), my pair of Verite Open are still rocking hard keeping me really satisfied. To me they’re stil TOTL and flagship worthy. I recently got some nice Aeolus Stabilized from the last ZMF November drop as complements and just couldn’t be happier.
B3482286-F896-412E-A244-C9FABD358B97.jpeg

Dec 31, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #8,187 of 9,521
Gorgeous set you got there 😍 I agree with most of what you said (don’t need to EQ mine though, to my ears sounds great out of the box) and even though the Atrium and Caldera are stealing all the spotlight atm, and probably rightfully so (heard they’re great), my pair of Verite Open are still rocking hard keeping me really satisfied. To me they’re stil TOTL and flagship worthy. I recently got some nice Aeolus Stabilized from the last ZMF November drop as complements and just couldn’t be happier.
Same here. Rocking with my VO almost every other day. It sounds fantastic with both my SS and tube amps.

Great VO/Aeolus combo you have there ! 😉

Dec 31, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #8,188 of 9,521
I have the VO, Atrium, and Caldera and really enjoy them equally. They all share the same build quality and comfort, and are equally great with unique voicing. The Caldera may be getting slightly more play time simply because it’s newest, but otherwise I really do listen to them equally. The VO has such as a great balance of speed, timbre, and slam. When I want to relax, my hands often rich to them instinctively (like a craving for comfort food). I really love them powered by tube amps which warmth and texture complement the VO very much to my ears.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #8,189 of 9,521
Yours doesn't look bad either. 😉

May I ask what kind of cable is pictured? Looks great!

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #8,190 of 9,521
Yours doesn't look bad either. 😉

May I ask what kind of cable is pictured? Looks great!
It’s a custom order 2m long, 22agw 6n occ cable without sleeve with Rean mini XLR connectors on the headphone side and Neutrik 6.35mm connector on the amp side. Relly soft and pliable. Waiting on another I ordered for the Aeolus, same specs but sleeved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back