ZMF Verite Open
Jun 18, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #4,516 of 9,516
I'm absolutely also interested in a Hawaiian Koa wood Verite. I know this wood is prized for it's tone, being used in ukelele production, for example. I have this vision of this wood really being something special in a Verite.

Maybe we can commission a small Koa wood Verite production run when Zach gets into his new studio.

In regards to purple heart, I was lucky enough to catch the very end of the Verite LTD production run of this wood. Zach was kind enough to allow me to place an order. That's what I'm currently waiting on. Will be worth it! I'm super excited.

I missed out on the Purple Heart run :frowning2: I went for the Leapardwood VC instead. But I am stoked for your Purple Heart Verite! My friend had a Koa wood ukelele so that's what caught my interest when I saw it on the Aeolus. Could only imagine on a Verite!

Jun 18, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #4,517 of 9,516
We will be posting new LTD editions on the website in the next month for aeolus, v closed and auteur!

Oh no... @zach915m why are you making me spend more money...

I don't know exactly what tube type the echo uses? I actually have an echo on the way, and I'm excited to figure out what tubes will be best!

I'm absolutely loving the warmth coming from the stock tubes in my Echo, actually. I would love to hear your opinion on how different tubes respond in Echo > VO.

Jun 18, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #4,519 of 9,516
Well maybe not any wood, but there are examples earlier in this thread of Verites made in padauk, cocobolo and purple heart. I don't recall any of those offered as standard "LTD" options. Did I misunderstand? @kdphan , for instance, says he ordered a Verite in purple heart just in April.
The misunderstanding is just a small one. ZMF offers one LTD wood at a time until stock runs out. Then Zach finds another cool wood to do another LTD wood run. All of those wood options were not available all at once. Exception being the B-stock sale that happened in November, which consisted of a bunch of one-offs that had been made, so much more limited customization options there.

Jun 18, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #4,520 of 9,516
Just curious, is there any way to see the complete gallery of all limited edition of verite? I think it's good for "eye candy" my eyes.

Best way I could found is by searched countless pictures on this thread, which is not really a great way.

Were working on a complete update of the website, when that's done sometime this summer all this type of info and pics will be so much easier to find. I totally agree!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jun 18, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #4,525 of 9,516
Other than the immediately noticeable open/closed difference, Does VO and VC use the same driver? just different tuning?

Jun 18, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #4,526 of 9,516
It's the same driver. Re tuning, only Zach could really say whether one is tuned differently than the others.

Having heard both at some length IMS late last year, my impression is they're not differently tuned. What they are is differently constructed & designed due to VO having open/vented earcups & the VC having closed earcups (indeed, the most closed feeling of any ZMF HP I've tried). Those physical differences are significant contributors to sound.

Sonically they're obviously fraternal twins--sharing many sonic attributes, especially that central/unusual combination of high resolution & detail with real musicality. Neither headphone punishes the ears with all that detail, which I still regard as quite an achievement, given that other highly resolving headphones I've tried just about took my ears off w/edgy, bright treble & insistent, icepick-in-the-ears dynamics.

Jun 18, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #4,527 of 9,516
Oh we actually never offered those kinds of options for any wood you'd want as it's always been too much to manage regardless of our output.

The way we build our headphones is extremely important to me, so you won't ever see us changing the quality or build to make them more of a mass market product.

We will be posting new LTD editions on the website in the next month for aeolus, v closed and auteur!

Yay!!!
I've been waiting for an update on the next LTD editions :D

Jun 18, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #4,529 of 9,516
I'm going on a couple of months with the Verite in silkwood. I absolutely love them and they have really helped me get through the work-from-home situation. I wouldn't be able to listen to them if I was in the office, but at home they keep me going all day long. Just love the sound and they are soooo comfortable. Really glad I took the plunge to get these. And they are local to me to boot!! Great job Zach and Bevin.

Jun 19, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #4,530 of 9,516
That is I think an underrated aspect of headphones disappearing sonically is when they are so comfortable on your head that you forget you are really wearing them. I think the Verite Open with Silk wood and Magnesium parts is so light and the design of the headband and cup adjustments are so good that it just disappears on your head which also helps it disappear sonically and the ergonomics help the audio. (and I don't think Silk wood is the only type of ZMF headphone that does this more that they seem to exemplify it in a great way).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back