ZMF Verite Open
Sep 25, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #3,061 of 9,511
That’s the reason I only take them out for minute too make them last longer. As long as I break them before the warranty is up I’m good to go.

Sep 25, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #3,062 of 9,511
Careful with the knocking - apparently they do not last very long... :smirk:
Don't really want to defend Hifiman here but, if you go to the HEK SE thread there have really been only a few failures. Not bad compared to some Utopia and many Audeze failures.....Ask how many drivers have failed on the older LCD3's. Yes, the build quality isn't tops, but they are comfortable, and the top of the line models are generally reliable. I have had three Hifiman with no problems. There are a lot of myths on these forums, one with Hifiman being garbage that breaks all the time.......the reality is.... no more than any other TOTL HP's.

Also, as has been noted, Hifiman has really stepped up their game as far as customer service too with many free repairs outside of warranty.

Sep 25, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #3,063 of 9,511
I bet the first set of HE1000se the listening guy was out to lunch. Can’t see any other way they made it out the door broken. At least Zach wouldn’t send out my Verite with out playing them for 24 hours.

Sep 25, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #3,064 of 9,511
Don't really want to defend Hifiman here but, if you go to the HEK SE thread there have really been only a few failures. Not bad compared to some Utopia and many Audeze failures.....Ask how many drivers have failed on the older LCD3's. Yes, the build quality isn't tops, but they are comfortable, and the top of the line models are generally reliable. I have had three Hifiman with no problems. There are a lot of myths on these forums, one with Hifiman being garbage that breaks all the time.......the reality is.... no more than any other TOTL HP's.

Also, as has been noted, Hifiman has really stepped up their game as far as customer service too with many free repairs outside of warranty.
Totally agree with you except the same problem happened twice in a row. It just left a bad impression with me. I love Hifiman
They contacted me with only posting on the forum which surprised me.
I’ll still buy their stuff.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #3,065 of 9,511
Totally agree with you except the same problem happened twice in a row. It just left a bad impression with me. I love Hifiman
They contacted me with only posting on the forum which surprised me.
I’ll still buy their stuff.
That sucks when it happens. I guess my point to others who are just going on what they have heard/read is that it has happened to many companies, even Meze, I have read at least two people received DOA Empyrean.....and that even with it’s great build quality.

Sep 25, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #3,066 of 9,511

I was just being a little mean... :wink:
I actually own the HEXv2, which (to my ears and taste) are better than the HEKv2.

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #3,067 of 9,511
Dang @Monsterzero your comparison review of the VO and VC really makes me think I would love the VC. Pretty much every genre you mentioned is what I listen to; Metal, Psy Trance, Rock, Electronic, Indie.... So tempted to get a pair while it's on sale...

But, my VO finally got updated to QC though so hopefully it ships out this week :fingers_crossed:

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #3,068 of 9,511
Dang @Monsterzero your comparison review of the VO and VC really makes me think I would love the VC. Pretty much every genre you mentioned is what I listen to; Metal, Psy Trance, Rock, Electronic, Indie.... So tempted to get a pair while it's on sale...

But, my VO finally got updated to QC though so hopefully it ships out this week :fingers_crossed:
Oh nice.
Yeah,the VC flat out rocks everything I listen to. Its silly good.

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #3,069 of 9,511
I was just being a little mean... :wink:
I actually own the HEXv2, which (to my ears and taste) are better than the HEKv2.
Oh nice.
Yeah,the VC flat out rocks everything I listen to. Its silly good.
I saw your review as well and feel the same. Thinking about clearing out my HEkv2 too purchase a set If I do I'll sell my Eikons also. That should cover the cost of the VC.

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #3,070 of 9,511
I saw your review as well and feel the same. Thinking about clearing out my HEkv2 too purchase a set If I do I'll sell my Eikons also. That should cover the cost of the VC.

Hey guys don't rush head long into buying the VC. Just leave me to buy it. No out bidding me please.

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #3,071 of 9,511
Hey guys don't rush head long into buying the VC. Just leave me to buy it. No out bidding me please.
don't worry I don't plan for awhile maybe next week. Just kidding a week and one day.

Sep 26, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #3,072 of 9,511
I dont have much experience with the Eikon nor the HiFiMan,so I cant really comment directly as to direct comparisons,but I have owned,or heard extensively the VO,Aeolus,Auteur,Atticus,HE500,HE6,Jade 2,Ananda.

What I can say,is if you like the ZMF house sound already,the VC is a must have. IMO its Zach's best creation yet,and by a pretty substantial margin.
I love the VO for trance,and some well mastered slower rock and blues.
I love the Auteur for the same genres and metal as well.

On the VC,I can pick any genre I listen to and not sit there and go "Oh yeah,I need to swap headphones". Its unique blend of musicality,speed,dynamics and precision make it quite spectacular and a true master of all genres.

I know I keep repeating myself by absolutely gushing about the VC,but im just saying what I hear.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #3,073 of 9,511
After owning the VO for around a week or two I don't care for the HEkv2 anymore not the signature and the Eikon would sell because only need one closed back.

Sep 26, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #3,074 of 9,511
After owning the VO for around a week or two I don't care for the HEkv2 anymore not the signature and the Eikon would sell because only need one closed back.
I know its counter-intuitive,but I dont think of,nor hear the VC as a "closed back". I dont need closed backs,and typically prefer open backs.
The VC has all the positives of a closed back design,with none of its drawbacks.

Im nearing on a month now with the VC,and Ive yet to reach for another headphone. In that time Ive done classic rock,blues,hard rock,folk,pagan folk,classic metal,thrash metal,doom metal,melodeath,psytrance. Slayed them all.:L3000:

Sep 26, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #3,075 of 9,511

Surely it can't beat my colour coordinated HD800 ?

Perfect.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back