ZMF Verite Open
Sep 24, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #3,031 of 9,535
Yes I hear you. Verite is disrupting my personal and professional life. I just need to hear one more song ....
This.
The Verite is the first headphones which keep me late at night just because I want to listen to one more song. And this is with my thx788 SS amp :)

I can't wait till February when I receive my GOLT. I may get a schiit val2 but I don't know if anyone would buy it when I want to sell it.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #3,032 of 9,535
At first I was preferring the Verite pads but know I actually enjoy the U pads more, just because they are more relaxed sounding. The downside is they require more EQ compared to the verite pads.

Sep 24, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #3,033 of 9,535
This.
The Verite is the first headphones which keep me late at night just because I want to listen to one more song. And this is with my thx788 SS amp :)

I can't wait till February when I receive my GOLT. I may get a schiit val2 but I don't know if anyone would buy it when I want to sell it.

GOLT must be a new amp :)

Sorry can’t resist that but GOTL will be worth the wait and selling it will be easy.

One of the traits of both GOTL and Studio Six is they are both fast and dynamic. However both amps can be tuned for bloom and lushness if you so choose.

Sep 24, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #3,034 of 9,535
Well there is Glenn OTL in FS in headfi in case anyone is interested. someone buy it please before I loose another 2K

Sep 24, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #3,036 of 9,535
Hahaha you should loose it. It’s an incredible pairing with Verite.
Getting DSHA-3F in few days and already put down money on VC.
Must get away from laptop

Sep 24, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #3,038 of 9,535
GOLT must be a new amp :)

Sorry can’t resist that but GOTL will be worth the wait and selling it will be easy.

One of the traits of both GOTL and Studio Six is they are both fast and dynamic. However both amps can be tuned for bloom and lushness if you so choose.
That’s true and to remind Verite owner once you get this beautiful amp, I have got Gumby A2 in FS section to pair with it.
I’m so sorry for posting my advenrtisement here :triportsad:

Sep 24, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #3,039 of 9,535
no, at the moment things are fine. I have to train myself to know what's missing. If I chose signature it would be liquid sound if that makes any sense.

Tube amplification sounds different from SS in many ways. The differences are subtle, but they add up: the listening experience with tubes is unlike solid state. Even compared to "somewhat warm" (read "tube-like") SS, tubes often have distinct qualities & strengths.

Based on hearing tube amps on speakers as well as headphones, IMO the biggest single difference is a 3-dimensional, palpable quality to musical notes with tubes. Pretty much any instrument or voice will sound "rounder," more real, more "there" on tubes. Closely related to this is a more expansive, tangible sense of the space in which music was performed & recorded. Not sure how or why, but I hear the acoustic space more clearly on tubes.

Years ago I was listening to a symphony orchestra (vinyl) on a big 100 WPC tube amp, and in a soft passage, the triangle was struck once. It was amazing how real & "there" that note was. When I closed my eyes, that percussionist & triangle were right there in my living room. That's a typical tube amplification experience...

Tubes aren't perfect world, of course. The trade-offs typically are some extension loss at the top & bottom frequencies. Many SS amps are more dynamic than tube amps, particularly at the frequency extremes. But these are generalities, not hard & fast rules. Some tube amps are blazingly fast, dynamic & wide-band; others are more intimate, diffuse & warm.

In my experience (significant but not definitive/vast), you're more likely to get a "liquid" sound signature w/tubes than SS, assuming the amps are well designed & executed. It may cost you an arm & a leg, though.

Sep 24, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #3,040 of 9,535
To Woo Audio WA5 owner when pairing with Verite what is your HP Power setting? high or low.

Low for me, more than enough power to blow my ears away!

Sep 24, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #3,041 of 9,535
Tube amplification sounds different from SS in many ways. The differences are subtle, but they add up: the listening experience with tubes is unlike solid state. Even compared to "somewhat warm" (read "tube-like") SS, tubes often have distinct qualities & strengths.

Based on hearing tube amps on speakers as well as headphones, IMO the biggest single difference is a 3-dimensional, palpable quality to musical notes with tubes. Pretty much any instrument or voice will sound "rounder," more real, more "there" on tubes. Closely related to this is a more expansive, tangible sense of the space in which music was performed & recorded. Not sure how or why, but I hear the acoustic space more clearly on tubes.

Years ago I was listening to a symphony orchestra (vinyl) on a big 100 WPC tube amp, and in a soft passage, the triangle was struck once. It was amazing how real & "there" that note was. When I closed my eyes, that percussionist & triangle were right there in my living room. That's a typical tube amplification experience...

Tubes aren't perfect world, of course. The trade-offs typically are some extension loss at the top & bottom frequencies. Many SS amps are more dynamic than tube amps, particularly at the frequency extremes. But these are generalities, not hard & fast rules. Some tube amps are blazingly fast, dynamic & wide-band; others are more intimate, diffuse & warm.

In my experience (significant but not definitive/vast), you're more likely to get a "liquid" sound signature w/tubes than SS, assuming the amps are well designed & executed. It may cost you an arm & a leg, though.
I bought a tube amp, purchased ZMF Pendant and being a good ZMF customer Zach through me the upgrade tubes for free. So I'm waiting for it to ship.

Sep 24, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #3,042 of 9,535
Change back to Verite flat pads after 3 weeks with Universe broad pads and instant clarity ! The change is startling and I'm very pleased with it. I think this is how I like it.

What a beautiful Rig!

Sep 24, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #3,043 of 9,535
How long should I let tubes cook before listening? How do tubes sound in the beginning vs after 40 hours of play?

The Pendant from what Zach told me my planars will sound great on it but I got the amp primarily for my Verite and Eikons. I'm also getting my GS-X MINI shipped soon which will be for my Planars.

Sep 25, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #3,044 of 9,535

You nail it mate. Couldn't described it better myself.

Sep 25, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #3,045 of 9,535
What a beautiful Rig!

Thank you. I prefer the whole rig. Gives me the choice of which of the 3 amps to use, all fed from Yggdrasil.

Question is where to put the forthcoming Glenn custom SET amp based on Telefunken EL11 and EL12 spez tubes that is capable of 10 watts for both high efficiency Zu Omen speakers and headphones.

Studio Six, Sansui AU-717, Yggdrasil and Glenn Super 9 OTL amp.
IMG-3385.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back