ZMF Verite Open
Sep 27, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #3,091 of 9,511
I saw your review as well and feel the same. Thinking about clearing out my HEkv2 too purchase a set If I do I'll sell my Eikons also. That should cover the cost of the VC.

Regarding the Eikon and Atticus, I wish I had kept it though. Here they look and sound perfect with my Glenn Super 9 OTL amp. Now I need perhaps the Verite Close to partner my Verite Open for another photo shoot. :)

DSC_0005.JPG

Sep 28, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #3,092 of 9,511
My ziricote Verite is marked as shipped! Hallelujah! Can't wait until I get my hands on them and give em a listen.

Sep 28, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #3,093 of 9,511
Congrats, I've had my Verite Pheasant wood since 14th August. I've audition LCD4, Abyss, Susvara, Utopia, Clear. I've owned HD800, LCD-3f, LCD-2f, Eikon and Atticus, HD650, Beyer T1, DT880.

ZMF Verite Open headphone is the most relaxing, musical sounding headphone of all the above. It's the one headphone where I do not find any short comings with details and clarity, nor do I find any issues with the midrange, nor do I find the bass lacking in any shape or form. In short, I'm very happy with it and I can just loose myself in my music for hours. It's $2500 well spend.

Sep 28, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #3,095 of 9,511
Sep 28, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #3,097 of 9,511
I’m not trying to talk you into spending more money but... once your VO’s arrive you’ll be stunned. And the even better aspect is the customer service and genuine love ZMF have for their customers. I greatly appreciate customer service and I don’t think there is a company on the planet than can touch the personal feel and follow up that Zach and Bevin have. It makes me want to just give them my bank account info and keep the good tunes and service coming. Seriously. Great people.

My wallet hates good business owners, whether it's a shop, restaurant or audio company, it's just easy on me to give them my money :)

Congrats, I've had my Verite Pheasant wood since 14th August. I've audition LCD4, Abyss, Susvara, Utopia, Clear. I've owned HD800, LCD-3f, LCD-2f, Eikon and Atticus, HD650, Beyer T1, DT880.

ZMF Verite Open headphone is the most relaxing, musical sounding headphone of all the above. It's the one headphone where I do not find any short comings with details and clarity, nor do I find any issues with the midrange, nor do I find the bass lacking in any shape or form. In short, I'm very happy with it and I can just loose myself in my music for hours. It's $2500 well spend.

The difference is the Verite don't flex their muscles on your face like most other TOTL headphones do, they are more about the music than the others imo.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #3,098 of 9,511
A little late to the party, but i finally decided to get a Verite, in silkwood
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-28 at 23.16.39.jpeg

When i first heard these, i was not too impressed with the sound, and much preferred the Aeolus, but eventually i figured that a lot of it had to do with the amps/pads etc. So what better way to find out about what these can actually do than to actually get a pair yourself XD ( seriously though, you guys have been tempting me with all your impressions of the Verite ) .

I will be running music/pink noise through it for a week for burn in before some serious listening. Initially, i was not a believer of burn in, until i got the aeolus which really opened up after putting many hours into it. I trust that the same thing will happen with the Verite

Am confident that these will secure a spot in my collection , given my recent cravings for more musical/forgiving headphones. As much as i enjoy listening to the big hitters ( 009, abyss, susvara , sr1a ) in my possession, i find myself spending significantly more head-time on the more forgiving and euphoric headphones that forgo a little technicalities for a pleasurable listening experience , namely the 007, Auteur/Aeolus , HD650/6xx. Its nice to able to throw any kind of track and still have it sound pleasing, irregardless of the recording quality of the track itself. After getting these today and listening to them directly out of the box, i can confidently say that they do belong to the forgiving category, which is nice ( though kind of expected from the impressions ive read ).

Anyways, will look forward to hearing it after more burn in !

Sep 28, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #3,099 of 9,511

When i first heard these, i was not too impressed with the sound, and much preferred the Aeolus, but eventually i figured that a lot of it had to do with the amps/pads etc. So what better way to find out about what these can actually do than to actually get a pair yourself XD ( seriously though, you guys have been tempting me with all your impressions of the Verite ) .

I will be running music/pink noise through it for a week for burn in before some serious listening. Initially, i was not a believer of burn in, until i got the aeolus which really opened up after putting many hours into it. I trust that the same thing will happen with the Verite

Am confident that these will secure a spot in my collection , given my recent cravings for more musical/forgiving headphones. As much as i enjoy listening to the big hitters ( 009, abyss, susvara , sr1a ) in my possession, i find myself spending significantly more head-time on the more forgiving and euphoric headphones that forgo a little technicalities for a pleasurable listening experience , namely the 007, Auteur/Aeolus , HD650/6xx. Its nice to able to throw any kind of track and still have it sound pleasing, irregardless of the recording quality of the track itself. After getting these today and listening to them directly out of the box, i can confidently say that they do belong to the forgiving category, which is nice ( though kind of expected from the impressions ive read ).

Mine started out funky sounding and in few days either my brain adjusted or the headphones did. They are my favorite headphone in my collection. I wish I never listened to Zeos and purchased these instead of the Aeolus. I still watch Zeos but just for entertainment.

Sep 28, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #3,100 of 9,511

Quite a stunning assemble of gear you've have there.

Sep 28, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #3,101 of 9,511
is it hard to choose what gear to use?

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #3,102 of 9,511

I wish I'd gone with that color over the brass

Sep 28, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #3,103 of 9,511

kind of off topic for this thread but how do you like the HMS/Dave/Tube Amp sound stream? That is really piquing my interest now that I see it.

Sep 29, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #3,105 of 9,511
Ordered the VC sounds like an std. Well monster zero better be telling the truth. That what I’m banking on. I’ve reduced my headphone collection down to four headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back