ZMF Verite Open
Sep 29, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #3,106 of 9,511
Ordered the VC sounds like an std. Well monster zero better be telling the truth. That what I’m banking on. I’ve reduced my headphone collection down to four headphones.
I call it like I hear it Bon. No single headphone will appeal to every single member of this forum,otherwise this forum would be out of business.

Like I said though,in my system,with my ears/gears, and the sound I prefer,the VC is the best headphone ive yet to hear.
FWIW I feel so strongly about the VC that my Auteurs are in the classifieds.

Sep 29, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #3,108 of 9,511
Ordered the VC sounds like an std. Well monster zero better be telling the truth. That what I’m banking on. I’ve reduced my headphone collection down to four headphones.
I told my wife I was thinking of the buying the VC... I got a very big eye roll.

“But don’t worry babe I’d only be keeping one not both...”

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #3,110 of 9,511
I'm trying to get myself to try the other pads. I'm still using the default pad just don't feel like going through the trouble.

Sep 29, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #3,111 of 9,511
IMG_6893.JPG
Went ahead and built an extra long 10-ft cable for relaxed couch listening sessions that I anticipate in the near future. :o2smile:

Sep 29, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #3,112 of 9,511
I went ahead and changed the pads it was easy, now just sit back and listen. What I'm listening for I don't know.

Sep 29, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #3,113 of 9,511

Went ahead and built an extra long 10-ft cable for relaxed couch listening sessions that I anticipate in the near future. :o2smile:
Very nice looking cable like the colors on the black.

Sep 30, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #3,114 of 9,511
I went ahead and changed the pads it was easy, now just sit back and listen. What I'm listening for I don't know.
I suggest listening for music.

Sep 30, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #3,115 of 9,511
Sep 30, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #3,116 of 9,511
you make it sound so easy.:ksc75smile:

It is. One has just to enjoy the music. Read this statement and you'll know why.

It has been said, and it is true, Harman have run tests, that the more discriminating you are in analysing sound, the less you enjoy the music. Think about that! Musicians are less picky about sound quality than we are.

Sep 30, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #3,117 of 9,511

Very nice looking cable!

Sep 30, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #3,118 of 9,511
It has been said, and it is true, Harman have run tests, that the more discriminating you are in analysing sound, the less you enjoy the music. Think about that! Musicians are less picky about sound quality than we are.
What??
Yes, if someone spends time analyzing audio, it diverts attention away from strictly listening to the music for enjoyment's sake.
The second sentence makes NO sense, though. Musicians (real ones, that really care about music) spend a TON of time seeking better instruments and gear to improve the tone/sound they are looking for. Additionally, musicians may have knowledge of theory and technique, spending more time thinking about how a song is structured, the choices made at certain points that may or may not be agreeable to that musicians' musical choices.
Thus, musicians are more inclined to be critical and are constantly analyzing what is going on - from several different levels of complexity.

Also: "It has been said, and it is true, Harman have run tests..." lol
"All dogs to go heaven. It's true, there is science."

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #3,119 of 9,511
In about +60 hours of burn-in with normal use + EDM when not using them and I can say with confidence that they DO benefit from burn in.

What I noticed is the bass is less intense now and the the staging with the verite pads is enhanced significantly.
I think also they are more detailed/transparent after burn-in, but I am not sure about that maybe it's because the bass is less intense now.

Oct 1, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #3,120 of 9,511
In about +60 hours of burn-in with normal use + EDM when not using them and I can say with confidence that they DO benefit from burn in.

What I noticed is the bass is less intense now and the the staging with the verite pads is enhanced significantly.
I think also they are more detailed/transparent after burn-in, but I am not sure about that maybe it's because the bass is less intense now.

I experienced the same behavior while burning them in. Keep at it and believe it or not, it’ll get better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back