ZMF November 2022 is here!!!
Nov 21, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #586 of 898
Looking for a recommendation for a first time tube amp.

I've never even heard a tube amp but now that I have my third ZMF on the way I think it's time to dive into that pool.

I've settled on the following two devices because of their price point and small form factor:

Feliks Echo MK2
Woo Audio WA7 FireFlies Gen 3

I'd be running my Questyle CMA400i as the DAC for the Echo.
If you haven't seen this thread, it may have some additional insight:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-un-official-amp-thread-for-zmf-headphones.965309/

Nov 21, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #587 of 898
Nov 21, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #588 of 898
Depends on head shape, but my ZMF’s don’t fit my Perch stand at all. It’s really only good for more suspension strap designs like the Arya. The headphone resting part is too wide and doesn’t curve as much as a headband does around your head. I much prefer the Salire stands for my ZMF’s, and a few should become available in the coming days I believe!
Great, happy to order when they do. Thanks chaps.

Nov 21, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #589 of 898
Nov 21, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #591 of 898
Thanks. My apologies if I put this in the wrong thread.

I probably should've asked this question elsewhere.

no problem at all posting here, just wanted to make you aware that that specializes thread exists if you wanted to get more in depth info on amps, thats all :)

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #592 of 898
Depends on head shape, but my ZMF’s don’t fit my Perch stand at all.** It’s really only good for more suspension strap designs like the Arya. The headphone resting part is too wide and doesn’t curve as much as a headband does around your head. I much prefer the Salire stands for my ZMF’s, and a few should become available in the coming days I believe!
** at least they fit your head……don’t they? 😳

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #593 of 898
For my first experience on tubes I'd like to stay around the $1000 - $1200 mark and it's mostly going to be paired with my ZMF's. So Aeolus, Eikon & VC.
I heartily recommend the Quicksilver Headphone Amp. It’s right there at the top of your price range, but it’s been an excellent pairing with every ZMF I’ve owned (Aeolus, VC, Auteur) as well as my Meze Elite.

Nov 22, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #596 of 898
Can someone explain to me why Verite Closed #105 is considered B stock? It looks lovely to me.
It may possibly be that tiny spec of turquois on the left cup (at approx 4:30). Beautiful set nonetheless. That right cup is stupendous.

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 4.53.36 PM.png

Nov 22, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #597 of 898
It may possibly be that tiny spec of turquois on the left cup (at approx 4:30). Beautiful set nonetheless. That right cup is stupendous.

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 4.53.36 PM.png
If I had the extra cash, I'd snap that up in a heartbeat. That was in my top 5, regardless of the B designation.

Nov 23, 2022 at 3:27 AM Post #598 of 898

That turquoise bit is cool looking. All the B stocks flaws I’ve seen scale from the littlest of things to at maximum one small flaw that was fixed. If I were to guess it would probably be something so trivial it’s not a big deal. 97% instead of 100% perfect.
I bought a bstock from Zach at canjam and even he took a minute to find what the flaw was and when he showed it to me I still could barely make out what he was talking about. Reminded me of an artists work where they see a minute flaw but the artist’s audience only sees beauty!

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #599 of 898
Will there be an announcement once the rest of the Salire stock is up for sale @zach915m?
We're working on stands and should have some up on friday or monday. There may be a number that are "pre-sale" and will ship in a few weeks as well.
Can someone explain to me why Verite Closed #105 is considered B stock? It looks lovely to me.
I honestly think that set is just two mismatched cups, where the burl matches but the colors are slightly off, the right one of more blue and the left is more green. I don't have it in hand but I remember trying to figure out what to do with the wood because they are beautiful pieces, just not matched as well as others color wise.

PS - don't hold me to this I don't have them in hand right now!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 23, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #600 of 898
Congrats to whoever snagged Auteur Classic "Purple Chaos" #270, looks like that one is off the market this morning. The purple fabric really brought that one together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back