ZMF November 2022 is here!!!
Nov 20, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #556 of 898
Being my first ZMF November, I was so anxious about being able to get her first pick (which will be her Christmas present) that I hardly slept for 4 hours! Made sure to practice getting the dropdowns and checkboxes, until I got it down to 5 seconds. I ran a little recorder of the inventory availability of the Atriums, and it looks like I was either #3 or #4 to get an Atrium order in, at just under 38 seconds from when #213 became available.
I was busy focusing on the VC page, but did you/your recorder notice that the inventory took a few seconds to fully populate for the Atriums? Definitely seemed to for the VCs.

I was going for VC 219, the last or 2nd to last in the list for the VCs, and when I first refreshed it wasn't on the list and I freaked out it was already sold. But then I noticed the entire 2nd half of the list was missing and kept refreshing every couple of seconds and saw the list progressively load and managed snag 219.

I wonder if others with lower number units got a head start on you just through inventory go-live.

Also now I'm imagining Zach or someone else was frantically clicking checkboxes to push the inventory live as fast as possible :grin:

Nov 20, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #557 of 898
I was busy focusing on the VC page, but did you/your recorder notice that the inventory took a few seconds to fully populate for the Atriums?
I have a screen recording starting from 7:29:00AM PST, where I watched variants pop up with each page reload. They seemed to mostly start with lower numbers first. I know that #213 didn't show up until a reload at 7:30:54AM PST, so I suppose that the lower #'s had a lot more time to check out. And that idea is substantiated by the models that sold first (136, 135, 193).

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #558 of 898
I was busy focusing on the VC page, but did you/your recorder notice that the inventory took a few seconds to fully populate for the Atriums? Definitely seemed to for the VCs.
Definitely noticed for Atriums as well and was a very frustrating experience as I was frantically making sure my #128 wasn’t getting sniped from under me!

Nov 20, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #560 of 898

I was going for VC 219, the last or 2nd to last in the list for the VCs, and when I first refreshed it wasn't on the list and I freaked out it was already sold. But then I noticed the entire 2nd half of the list was missing and kept refreshing every couple of seconds and saw the list progressively load and managed snag 219.

I wonder if others with lower number units got a head start on you just through inventory go-live.

Also now I'm imagining Zach or someone else was frantically clicking checkboxes to push the inventory live as fast as possible :grin:
Nah, it was the same for me. Everything wasn't there instantly. I had to refresh 3 times before I saw VC165 listed.

Have been kicking myself all weekend that I didn't add AC122 to the basket also. Stunning headphones - congratulations to whoever bought them.

Nov 20, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #562 of 898
I was talking about unit 13. It was Zach’s personal Eikon with Camphor Burl in a more flame type pattern.

11 is okay but Zach’s is the nicest example of Camphor Burl I’ve ever seen in a non VC.
Ok, I might of seen that one too but it’s not even showing up in the pictures anymore.

I think Zach should make a room at his shop filled entirely of his headphones on display. Zach’s museum of ______ (something that starts with an F to keep it Z.M.F. !) I remember hearing someone say he keeps one headphone of each wood batch. Is this true @zach915m ? If so, that’s a cool idea and I’d do that as well. It would be cool to see them all on display tracking the evolution over the years of this company and seeing all the LTD. drops everyone remembers coming and going.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #563 of 898

I definitely noticed that. I was looking for #170, and every time I refreshed the page 5-10 more sets would be in the drop-down.

Nov 21, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #564 of 898
Ok, I might of seen that one too but it’s not even showing up in the pictures anymore.

I think Zach should make a room at his shop filled entirely of his headphones on display. Zach’s museum of ______ (something that starts with an F to keep it Z.M.F. !) I remember hearing someone say he keeps one headphone of each wood batch. Is this true @zach915m ? If so, that’s a cool idea and I’d do that as well. It would be cool to see them all on display tracking the evolution over the years of this company and seeing all the LTD. drops everyone remembers coming and going.

You can still find all of the photos in the dropbox uploads that Zach linked to (a whole bunch of pages ago) - the Eikon's in question are located in the "Aeolus Photo" section (numbered 11 and 12) and are simply stunning!

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #565 of 898
Wanted to hop on this board to say thanks to Zach for the amazing looking headphones this round. Lots of drool-worthy Atriums and VC/VOs! However, I saw Atrium #213 and immediately thought of my wife. Totally her kind of thing. She had a hard time narrowing down between #209 and #213, but ended up liking the latter more.

Atrium_213_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Being my first ZMF November, I was so anxious about being able to get her first pick (which will be her Christmas present) that I hardly slept for 4 hours! Made sure to practice getting the dropdowns and checkboxes, until I got it down to 5 seconds. I ran a little recorder of the inventory availability of the Atriums, and it looks like I was either #3 or #4 to get an Atrium order in, at just under 38 seconds from when #213 became available. Mad props to the skilled people that were able to get their orders in before me so quickly.

I'm surprised that #209 is still available! I'm still torn if I want to snag it, to have a matching blue "his and hers" set (to replace my stock cherry Atrium). That's almost a $1k difference for the cosmetic upgrade, so I may just save the difference to apply to a Kingwood Caldera instead!

That's a really nice looking set of Atriums. I love that they're now using different colored fabric behind the grills.

Out of curiosity, what was your order #? I was pretty quick on the draw myself, but curious as to how quick. I placed a follow-up order afterward (< 2 hours) and the order # jumped by ~100.

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #566 of 898
Out of curiosity, what was your order #?
My order number is in the upper 10730's. But like I mentioned earlier, my choice didn't even show up until 54 seconds after it all started, since mine was a #213. It was a good ways past the middle of the drop-down list, and I think Atriums started showing up later than other models (first Atriums showed up ~27 seconds into the event).

Nov 21, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #567 of 898
My order number is in the upper 10730's. But like I mentioned earlier, my choice didn't even show up until 54 seconds after it all started, since mine was a #213. It was a good ways past the middle of the drop-down list, and I think Atriums started showing up later than other models (first Atriums showed up ~27 seconds into the event).

And mine was in the mid-10760's. I didn't record anything, but I'm fairly certain the higher-number VCs didn't start showing up in the drop-down until a minute or so after 10:30 EST. Also, I didn't practice the checkout process, *and* I had a new credit card, so that slowed me down a bit.

Nov 21, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #568 of 898

🥰

So I went to canjam to buy an atrium, and left with a caldera after hearing then head to head.

And... that's the Atrium vs Caldera comparison people have been waiting for! 🤣

and they go completely through QC the same way a new headphone does as the entire driver enclosure is brand new

And then get a lifetime warranty. :relaxed:

The video 360-spins are up on the product pages: https://shop.zmfheadphones.com/collections/zmf-november

Then I also put them to some what I thought was copyright free music on YouTube:

This is where the F in ZMF come in handy :wink:

Only the finest audio pr0n! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

LOL, so you want me to buy two. To be fair, I don't need two and my girlfriend would kill me LOL

Pro Tip: Tell her that you can buy another headphone to listen to at home, or you can spend money to go hang out with (name-of-that-one-single-friend-you-have-that-she-absolutely-hates).

Taylor Swift

Don’t cross her.

😦

Or, if you do, have a kitten standing by.

🤣

If you screw around with the weight, you will screw around with the wait (until next year) 😳!

1669058803149.png

My employee's Christmas present last year was a B-stock Auteur (OG).

Interesting compensation package you're offering there! :smile:

Nov 21, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #570 of 898
Looking for a recommendation for a first time tube amp.

I've never even heard a tube amp but now that I have my third ZMF on the way I think it's time to dive into that pool.

I've settled on the following two devices because of their price point and small form factor:

Feliks Echo MK2
Woo Audio WA7 FireFlies Gen 3

I'd be running my Questyle CMA400i as the DAC for the Echo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back