ZMF November 2022 is here!!!
Nov 18, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #482 of 898
I’m a lover of waiting for beautiful sets like these to go on the classified sections after a big ZMF sale :D The nice thing about Atriums is you’ll have no trouble finding a buyer!
True, but I just don't want to take the hit on shipping costs and pay up a bit. That red and blue Atrium is gorgeous, but $3200. I can probably get $2500ish for mine, so bit of a price hike 😕... Maybe if I didn't just buy a VC today.

Somehow it's still in stock though! Someone save me from the "what ifs"!

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #483 of 898
True, but I just don't want to take the hit on shipping costs and pay up a bit. That red and blue Atrium is gorgeous, but $3200. I can probably get $2500ish for mine, so bit of a price hike 😕... Maybe if I didn't just buy a VC today.

Somehow it's still in stock though! Someone save me from the "what ifs"!
What if no one comes to the rescue?…😳💸🤣

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #484 of 898
So... did anyone trust their significant other to get them a set when they opened this morning or did everyone else just buy themselves a gift like me?
…think of it as sparing the significant other the search effort…😊😇👍.

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #485 of 898
Was eyeing these Auteur Classics before the event start as a future gift for my son. Glad these were still available this evening.
He helped pick it out and it will go along with copper-grilled Atriums and an Aeolus that I will handing down to his sisters. He's a bit too young for these now so I'll break'em in for him :beyersmile:
Still a lot of nice choices on the November lists. Congrats to new ZMF owners and those who got their top picks.

AuC_118_.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #486 of 898
They do a good job of it, I have a pair of Eikons on now and the weight is managed well however the weight+clamp was horrible on my glasses and thus my nose until I got so fed up I trimmed the ends of the arms of my glasses!
I've actually been thinking of modding a pair of reading glasses to use with headphones. How does that work for you? Do they stay on? I tend to keep my reading glasses on the tip of my nose so I can look over them as well and am not sure I could make that work without arms.

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #487 of 898
Real fun for me to see everyone's picks, even though I didn't take part today. Enjoying my Atriums though currently. Still trying to talk myself out of getting a coffee gold Caldera on Tuesday..

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #488 of 898
What if no one comes to the rescue?…😳💸🤣
It's terrifying! I don't know how many days I can see that poor red/blue Atrium in need of a loving owner... I might do something drastic! 😬

Nov 18, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #489 of 898
Still so many sets tempting me. The problem is, they are so beautiful that there is not a lot of chance I can have them around my wife without her noticing and I only got authorization for one set. I could have a half dozen Audeze's without her picking up on it, but the ZMF's she notices and ... let's just say she knows this level of quality comes at a cost. Really happy to get what I did but Zach, you wicked temptress. So many absolutely stunning pairs.

Nov 18, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #490 of 898
Was eyeing these Auteur Classics before the event start as a future gift for my son. Glad these were still available this evening.
He helped pick it out and it will go along with copper-grilled Atriums and an Aeolus that I will handing down to his sisters. He's a bit too young for these now so I'll break'em in for him :beyersmile:
Still a lot of nice choices on the November lists. Congrats to new ZMF owners and those who got their top picks.

AuC_118_.jpg
These are gorgeous! So...I don't have kids yet. Is it too early to buy a pair of headphones for them anyway? I like this gift of "breaking in" for the next generation of listeners :thinking:

Nov 18, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #492 of 898
Still so many sets tempting me. The problem is, they are so beautiful that there is not a lot of chance I can have them around my wife without her noticing and I only got authorization for one set. I could have a half dozen Audeze's without her picking up on it, but the ZMF's she notices and ... let's just say she knows this level of quality comes at a cost. Really happy to get what I did but Zach, you wicked temptress. So many absolutely stunning pairs.
I also want a Stabalized Atrium, but I only got authorized for one set. Also I'd feel ridiculous getting a second Atrium just for a Stabalized version when I already have a KOA. But... That red and blue... Fire and Ice Atrium! Cmon now!

Nov 18, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #493 of 898
I also want a Stabalized Atrium, but I only got authorized for one set. Also I'd feel ridiculous getting a second Atrium just for a Stabalized version when I already have a KOA. But... That red and blue... Fire and Ice Atrium! Cmon now!
There's a reason that #60 is still on my mind. Koa is such a special wood, there's really nothing like it. My jaw dropped when I saw a set in person at CanJam. I couldn't believe the intense and unique chatoyance that the grain gives off. You've got a keeper!

Nov 18, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #494 of 898
I've actually been thinking of modding a pair of reading glasses to use with headphones. How does that work for you? Do they stay on? I tend to keep my reading glasses on the tip of my nose so I can look over them as well and am not sure I could make that work without arms.
I just took maybe half an inch off the end of the arms and sanded it down then used some heat-shrink to ensure it wouldn't be scratchy.

It works, if I'm leaning down then they will fall off but the vast majority of the time there have been no issues. Going forward I think all new glasses I get will have the ear-wrap ends as I imagine they'll have the least amount of issues, though they may still require the ends to get chopped off. Need a headphone manufacturer to start making glasses!

Nov 18, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #495 of 898
@Kevintj604 Welcome to the Manchurian Ash club! It’s my favorite wood that Zach uses, and I always felt really lucky to have snagged my Auteur when it popped up for sale on the Classifieds here. I also had an Ash VC that, in my opinion, sounded better than the Olive and Epoxy Resin VCs that I owned later on.

Your Eikon looks like it could be the brother of my Auteur:
E0902004-4BEF-4BE2-BDBC-FDBCD92D2783.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back