ZMF November 2022 is here!!!
Nov 18, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #466 of 898
Even though I'm concerned about the weight I knew I'd be participating somehow in this ZMF November since it's the first one I've been around and available for. I was between the VCs and Atriums, I wanted an epoxied VC and had my eye on the orange one but was considering the dark wood Atriums too. While I'm still very interested in hearing the VC I found the description of the Atrium too intriguing to pass up especially at a discount. I couldn't believe these were considered B stock, I suppose due to slight discoloration at the bottom of the left cup, but it was between these and the 240 Over-Runs and in the end the discount won. Very excited to try a beautiful headphone I wasn't really thinking about until a few days ago!

1668794649387.png

My employee's Christmas present last year was a B-stock Auteur (OG). We really had to look and look to find something that we thought might qualify it as B-stock. I'd bet these are the same. And I'd bet if the defect was very obvious, Zach wouldn't sell it.

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #467 of 898
Screenshot_20221118-163118.png

I already have a beautiful KOA Atrium that I got near launch, but damn! Someone please buy this so I don't make a mistake... I already got a VC today!

Wow ZMF November is DANGEROUS!

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #468 of 898
Out of sorrow/missing the Auteur Classic B stock, I ended up buying a second hand Auteur OG (I’ll buy one direct from ZMF next year!) but it has the older non-crescent head strap. Has anyone had experience with both, and if so would you recommend buying the crescent strap for it?

I have a pair of Eikons with the old strap, and several others with the new. The old strap was not uncomfortable, but the new strap is definitely more comfortable. (I've been thinking about replacing the old strap on my Eikons.)

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #470 of 898
I already have a beautiful KOA Atrium that I got near launch, but damn! Someone please buy this so I don't make a mistake... I already got a VC today!

I actually can't believe these three are all still available. Love the blue with steel trim. Where's my loan shark?

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 3.41.10 PM.png

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #471 of 898
Let me know if you make said mistake and your koa gets listed for sale 😬
LOL I was worried someone would say that!

Must not buy
Must not buy
Must not buy

Here's a picture of my KOA btw... Pretty for sure!

Must not buy
Must not buy
Must not buy

Attachments

• PXL_20220513_175956231.jpg
    PXL_20220513_175956231.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Nov 18, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #472 of 898

Must not buy
Must not buy
Must not buy

Must not buy
Must not buy
Must not buy
Pretty for sure indeed! The spalted atrium was my #1. Said if it doesn't work out then wait for next go round....but maybe the picture tempts someone else lurking.....

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #473 of 898
Let me know if you make said mistake and your koa gets listed for sale 😬
I made that mistake. Couldn't resist the Macassar Rose Gold and no one saved me from the mistake by opening their wallet. I'm going to try a dual Atrium setup to see if I can justify keeping both before selling my Koa. The very dense Macassar with naked mesh with the Ultra Perf pads to see how neutral and un-ZMF I can make it and hope that there is a place for both. The Koa is too beautiful to relegate to second tier.

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #474 of 898

Must not buy
Must not buy
Must not buy

Must not buy
Must not buy
Must not buy
I’m a lover of waiting for beautiful sets like these to go on the classified sections after a big ZMF sale :D The nice thing about Atriums is you’ll have no trouble finding a buyer!

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #475 of 898
The grain on those is just insane. Congrats and enjoy! (I have a Marblewood set of Eikons and it's a close second to those.)
Yeah. I've been waiting for a Shou Sugi Ban set ever since the 2019 super limited Auteur 20 unit run that year. I wish we saw more models with this technique but I think it's super time consuming.

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #476 of 898
Yeah. I've been waiting for a Shou Sugi Ban set ever since the 2019 super limited Auteur 20 unit run that year. I wish we saw more models with this technique but I think it's super time consuming.
+1 probably my fav non stabilized/resin ZMF ever.

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #477 of 898

My wife was so upset that someone still hasn’t bought that one yet. She couldn’t believe that I didn’t get that one!

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #478 of 898
+1 probably my fav non stabilized/resin ZMF ever.
Yeah. Ive been at this for a long time and know the ZMF market really well. I also know exactly what unit's I've missed out on so I'm pretty specific about what I look for right now. I'm not really a huge fan of the resin models as I think most of the more natural woods look a bit more timeless but that's just my preference. Took me three years to track down the Cocobolo Aeolus unit that I now own.

Some of the earlier ZMF November runs of Blackwood are some of the nicest I've seen. That said the Spalted Koa, two of the Blackwoods, the Tasmanian Blackwood, Black & White Ebony Atrium units are amazing from this years run.

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #479 of 898
Yeah. Ive been at this for a long time and know the ZMF market really well.^^ I also know exactly what unit's I've missed out on so I'm pretty specific about what I look for right now. I'm not really a huge fan of the resin models as I think most of the more natural woods look a bit more timeless but that's just my preference. Took me three years to track down the Cocobolo Aeolus unit that I now own.

Some of the earlier ZMF November runs of Blackwood are some of the nicest I've seen. That said the Spalted Koa, two of the Blackwoods, the Tasmanian Blackwood, Black & White Ebony Atrium units are amazing from this years run.
^^ …why the Rosson Audio RAD-0 in the avatar?…..🤔🤣🤣…..

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #480 of 898
^^ …why the Rosson Audio RAD-0 in the avatar?…..🤔🤣🤣…..
Still my favorite of all time. My Aeolus is a close second though but for different reasons/genres.

Haven't heard the Caldera yet so that might de-throne my RAD-0's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back