ZMF November 2022 is here!!!
Nov 18, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #436 of 898
Hahaha.

Is that your 10th ZMF?
9…. I was thinking of Auteur Classic but I love Auteur Original & Atrium. And, I do listen via all of them. :dt880smile::k701smile::darthsmile:….

Nov 18, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #437 of 898
Oh, man. I was debating Atrium vs Auteur Classic for days. Had I gone Atrium, I had # 240 and 252 high on my list. Beautiful! While 240 would be a little bit lighter, you should be ok since 252 has the black grills and rods. I was also considering 239 with cocobolo, steel grill/rods and aluminum chassis. That would have been even heavier than yours (but they were unique looking). Happy listening!
The weight of ZMF headphones does not bother me in the least. I guess that ‘weight’ is subconsciously equated to ‘solidity’. In any event, the ZMF headbands distribute weight so effectively - the best in the business!

Nov 18, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #438 of 898
The weight of ZMF headphones does not bother me in the least. I guess that ‘weight’ is subconsciously equated to ‘solidity’. In any event, the ZMF headbands distribute weight so effectively - the best in the business!
So you mean I don't need to be parsing grams and fretting over the pretty pretty steel vs. the extra weight next time around? :o2smile:

Nov 18, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #439 of 898
My Koa Atrium that I had was over 550g while my VC's are light af Camphor Burl at around 450g. They were both equally comfortable! Now I've never stepped up to the 600+g chonkers but with the way ZMF's distribute weight I'd imagine they're just fine at that weight, too :)

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #441 of 898
They do a good job of it, I have a pair of Eikons on now and the weight is managed well however the weight+clamp was horrible on my glasses and thus my nose until I got so fed up I trimmed the ends of the arms of my glasses!

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #442 of 898
So you mean I don't need to be parsing grams and fretting over the pretty pretty steel vs. the extra weight next time around? :o2smile:
If you screw around with the weight, you will screw around with the wait (until next year) 😳!

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #443 of 898
They do a good job of it, I have a pair of Eikons on now and the weight is managed well however the weight+clamp was horrible on my glasses and thus my nose until I got so fed up I trimmed the ends of the arms of my glasses!
I always listen with glasses off. (A) Comfort; (B) Being almost ‘legally blind’ when eyes are uncorrected, my focus goes to sound. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #444 of 898
Out of sorrow/missing the Auteur Classic B stock, I ended up buying a second hand Auteur OG (I’ll buy one direct from ZMF next year!) but it has the older non-crescent head strap. Has anyone had experience with both, and if so would you recommend buying the crescent strap for it?
To me, both are comfortable.

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #445 of 898
Hey @zach915m... Just so you know the cable page is asking for options like the headphone page. For the cables, if the length is not listed, does it mean 4.5 ft?

Last question, the VC A Stock comes with universe pads and BE2 pads, right? Just wondering what others I should try.
Whoops all fixed now.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 18, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #446 of 898
I’m catching glimpses of something upcoming for the t50? Don’t tell me potential wood cups? Am I crazy?

Also, as someone who missed out on specific atriums during the hot summer cups sale due to some payment and website challenges, i can tell you, it will work out in the end. I missed the Macassar atriums I was looking for and ended up with a Macassar caldera a month or so later. The point is, don’t feel too bad if you missed out, Zach will have something glorious for you soon.

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #447 of 898
Out of sorrow/missing the Auteur Classic B stock, I ended up buying a second hand Auteur OG (I’ll buy one direct from ZMF next year!) but it has the older non-crescent head strap. Has anyone had experience with both, and if so would you recommend buying the crescent strap for it?
To me, both are comfortable.
I would agree they are both comfortable, the real difference (to me) is the cresecent strap distrubutes weight slightly better. So on heavier ZMF I definetly perfer it.

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #448 of 898
I'm a bit surprised that nobody has commented yet on the portable, sub $1K ZMF that debuted in the video ZMF posted earlier

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #449 of 898
Congrats to the buyer of #53. Even though it was discounted as b-stock, I think you bought the finest example of the aged cherry Atriums so far. This is how all of them should look.:thumbsup:
2200 - 53.jpg

Nov 18, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #450 of 898
Super happy with my purchase this morning. I've been waiting for a unit like that for years so I'm excited that it's on it's way to me.

These are now mine:

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 9.51.26 AM.png

The grain on those is just insane. Congrats and enjoy! (I have a Marblewood set of Eikons and it's a close second to those.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back