ZMF Caldera - New Planar Magnetic from ZMF!
Dec 16, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #2,506 of 7,106
Wow that box is niceee. Does it still come with the Pelican like case ? Or does that have a handle like the pelican ?
I ordered mine in the combo package with both. The wood box is just that - a wood box. It's nice for presentation, but it's certainly not a hand-crafted masterpiece. The Seahorse case is a cheap knock-off of a Pelican case, but it's perfect for traveling around and keeping the headphones protected.

Dec 16, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #2,507 of 7,106
Also I have discovered through mad scientist experimentation 🧪, that a bit of ganja greatly improves the sound quality of the Calderas. With the added enhancements I'm able to zone in on every possible sonic detail these headphones provide, and the soundstage becomes life-like. Use enhancements at your own risk 🧙‍♂️😂
Never heard of this… must be a new phenomenon. :)

Dec 16, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #2,508 of 7,106
I ordered mine in the combo package with both. The wood box is just that - a wood box. It's nice for presentation, but it's certainly not a hand-crafted masterpiece. The Seahorse case is a cheap knock-off of a Pelican case, but it's perfect for traveling around and keeping the headphones protected.
Yeah I know what you mean about the box. I didn't realize it wasn't made by ZMF like the old ones. I wouldn't have ordered it had I known that. Mine was damaged anyway so.... FedEx strikes again I guess.

Dec 16, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #2,510 of 7,106
That’s surprising to hear, haven’t heard the LTA stuff, but according to them, they’re supposed to have the benefits of both SS and tube amps. Perhaps that’s just misleading marketing.

They're fantastic amps. I live not far from their shop in MD and it's always something else to listen to my ZMF VCs on their setups!

Dec 16, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #2,511 of 7,106
There’s an Etta James song for moments like these:

Actually...

1671240273391.png

Dec 16, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #2,514 of 7,106
shippy.png

It will soon be a merry Christmas indeed...
This part of the waiting is the worst part - glad to see yours is on the way!

Dec 16, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #2,517 of 7,106
Single malt. It also enhances the music... :wink:

Dec 17, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #2,518 of 7,106
Single malt. It also enhances the music... :wink:
Yess any favorites for pairing with the Caldera? I just got a Colombian rum called Parce, delicious. Aged in a barrel, not made of kingswood. But still a great matching I think.

Dec 17, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #2,519 of 7,106
Yess any favorites for pairing with the Caldera? I just got a Colombian rum called Parce, delicious. Aged in a barrel, not made of kingswood. But still a great matching I think.
I find the GlenDronach 18 enhances bass control, while Glenfarclas 21 adds some air and sparkle. Most notably, Tobermory 21 dramatically expands the soundstage… :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back