ZMF Auteur Thread
Dec 19, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #2,716 of 8,334
I’ve been thinking i should do the same with some pink floyd albums i have not yet heard (but bought a year ago).

I hope there’ll be time to do so before the end of January
I did the same thing around the time of going to RMAF! I never listened to “a momentary lapse of reason” album before and same with “the final cut”. I enjoyed a momentary lapse of reason more.

Have fun!

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #2,717 of 8,334
I did the same thing around the time of going to RMAF! I never listened to “a momentary lapse of reason” album before and same with “the final cut”. I enjoyed a momentary lapse of reason more.

Have fun!

Theres an un-official Pink Floyd album floating around called "Final Cut in The Wall"

Really well done,and listen to it before I reach for either The Wall or Final Cut

Dec 27, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #2,718 of 8,334
Just received my new (too me) Autuer Blackwood from Lee. The combination of the Vinshine R2R, Liquid Platinum and the Autuers is pure magic. First time I’ve seen one of Zach’s works of art in person, their physical beauty is matched by incredible Sonics!

Dec 27, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #2,719 of 8,334
Just received my new (too me) Autuer Blackwood from Lee. The combination of the Vinshine R2R, Liquid Platinum and the Autuers is pure magic. First time I’ve seen one of Zach’s works of art in person, their physical beauty is matched by incredible Sonics!

Yea, the Backwoods especially look more amazing in person.

Dec 27, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #2,720 of 8,334
Yea, the Backwoods especially look more amazing in person.

I can’t believe how good these sound, have me thinking of trading my Abyss 1266’s for a good tube amp!

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #2,721 of 8,334

The Vinshine R2R is a very nice sounding DAC,really flew under the radar here,though the headphone out isnt that great.
Grab a Glenn and you'll be pretty close to end game.

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #2,722 of 8,334
The Vinshine R2R is a very nice sounding DAC,really flew under the radar here,though the headphone out isnt that great.
Grab a Glenn and you'll be pretty close to end game.

That’s exactly the path I was thinking of, was about to in-mail to get your thoughts, happy New Year!

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #2,723 of 8,334
That’s exactly the path I was thinking of, was about to in-mail to get your thoughts, happy New Year!

My Glenn was pretty well loaded on options,and it was about 1400-1500.00. After selling your Abyss you'll have a lot left over for a plethora of tubes.

Dec 27, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #2,724 of 8,334
My Glenn was pretty well loaded on options,and it was about 1400-1500.00. After selling your Abyss you'll have a lot left over for a plethora of tubes.

I have a feeling the extra funds will be going toward a Vérité or an Atticus!

Dec 27, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #2,725 of 8,334
I have a feeling the extra funds will be going toward a Vérité or an Atticus!
I have always seen the atticus as a different kettle of fish.

The auteur is neutralish with zmf musicality. Great offering

The atticus, for me, was a totally different offering that was not close to neutral for me. Too mich warmth/bloom (perhaps- don’t shoot me)/bottom end/bass for my preferences. It doesn’t pass my steely dan test. I’ll leave that to the younger kids that look for that sound.

I would suggest you audition the atticus or eikon before buying one to determie which camp you sit with.

Z review was very strong on the verite.
And there was a good review or two on headfi comparing all of these which i think is very valuable for us who have one of the zmf headphones.

Dec 27, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #2,726 of 8,334
I have always seen the atticus as a different kettle of fish.

The auteur is neutralish with zmf musicality. Great offering

The atticus, for me, was a totally different offering that was not close to neutral for me. Too mich warmth/bloom (perhaps- don’t shoot me)/bottom end/bass for my preferences. It doesn’t pass my steely dan test. I’ll leave that to the younger kids that look for that sound.

I would suggest you audition the atticus or eikon before buying one to determie which camp you sit with.

Z review was very strong on the verite.
And there was a good review or two on headfi comparing all of these which i think is very valuable for us who have one of the zmf headphones.

Thanks!

Dec 27, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #2,728 of 8,334
Dec 27, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #2,729 of 8,334
Dec 27, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #2,730 of 8,334
IMG_20181228_094808.jpg

Loving every minute with the Auteurs..Desk or Portable this ZMF is stellar!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back