ZMF Auteur Thread
Mar 19, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #8,236 of 8,322
Looks like I'll have to make an addition to my Auteur Classic pad comparison.

Mar 20, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #8,237 of 8,322
I'm loving the Auteur suede perforated pads w the AuC. Started w Auteur lambskin perforated and when I made the swap everything just clicked.

Mar 20, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #8,238 of 8,322
I'm loving the Auteur suede perforated pads w the AuC. Started w Auteur lambskin perforated and when I made the swap everything just clicked.
I really love the Auteur Suede's as well, and I like to keep them on my personal pair most of the time. They really help the Classic stand apart from the other ZMF's I own.

Mar 20, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #8,239 of 8,322
Auteur is definitely best on suede for me, no question.

Mar 20, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #8,240 of 8,322
These are definitely my next pickup and I debated between them and the Caldera suede ultras...I also need to find a better storage solution for this amassing collection of headphone pads... :cold_sweat:

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #8,241 of 8,322
I really love the Auteur Suede's as well, and I like to keep them on my personal pair most of the time. They really help the Classic stand apart from the other ZMF's I own.
I think this is what I'm chasing subconsciously. With the Caldera and Classic, both are kinda in that 'neutral ZMF' territory - they obviously have different strengths within that but I've been tinkering with pads to try and edge them a little further apart.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #8,244 of 8,322
Just ordered a pair of the Auteur LTD 2024. Going to be my first ZMF headphone, and I'm excited to join the club. This 4-8 week wait is going to really test my patience!!
Congrats Nick! I am sure you’ll be very pleased!👍😎 What wood did you get?

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #8,245 of 8,322
Congrats Nick! I am sure you’ll be very pleased!👍😎 What wood did you get?
Thank you! :) I ordered the Mango wood. The color of the wood along with the yellow accents really caught my eye.

Edit: Also, does anyone know what type of case they come in? I noticed the seahorse case wasn't listed as included.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #8,246 of 8,322
Thank you! :) I ordered the Mango wood. The color of the wood along with the yellow accents really caught my eye.

Edit: Also, does anyone know what type of case they come in? I noticed the seahorse case wasn't listed as included.
I can’t wait to see how these mango sets turn out!

The case should be just the standard ZMF pelican style flight cases. I haven't heard anything to make me think otherwise.

Mar 23, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #8,247 of 8,322
Just ordered a pair of the Auteur LTD 2024. Going to be my first ZMF headphone, and I'm excited to join the club. This 4-8 week wait is going to really test my patience!!
Nice choice, the Auteur is probably the best model to start with from the ZMF lineup, IMO.

I finally replaced the stock pads on my OG's with a fresh pair
IMG_2951.jpg

Mar 23, 2024 at 4:22 AM Post #8,248 of 8,322
Nice choice, the Auteur is probably the best model to start with from the ZMF lineup, IMO.

I finally replaced the stock pads on my OG's with a fresh pair
IMG_2951.jpg
Wenge was also almost my first Auteur but I've never seen one in hand. The texture on it looks amazing on such a dark wood, and I usually prefer smoother finishes. With the black grill, it's just gorgeous!

Mar 26, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #8,249 of 8,322
Just a random thought as I listen to my Auteur Classics while I work and my wife has the radio on in the background and takes the occasional work call in our shared office - I've really come to appreciate how these are basically a semi-open/semi-closed headphone. Closed enough to block out general background noise when listening, but open enough that I'm not completely oblivious to someone trying to get my attention. They sit almost perfectly between my Caldera which is very open sounding (almost as much as my 6XX) and my Bokeh (which also benefits from mostly solid pads).

Just looking at the grille and vents, I assume the Atrium open is close to the Caldera in its 'open-ness'?

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #8,250 of 8,322
Just a random thought as I listen to my Auteur Classics while I work and my wife has the radio on in the background and takes the occasional work call in our shared office - I've really come to appreciate how these are basically a semi-open/semi-closed headphone. Closed enough to block out general background noise when listening, but open enough that I'm not completely oblivious to someone trying to get my attention. They sit almost perfectly between my Caldera which is very open sounding (almost as much as my 6XX) and my Bokeh (which also benefits from mostly solid pads).

Just looking at the grille and vents, I assume the Atrium open is close to the Caldera in its 'open-ness'?
... is the missus part of the 'general background noise'? .... 😳 😠 .... 💐🤞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back