ZMF Auteur Thread
Aug 5, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #3,931 of 8,309
Thanks, wow that's a big difference from the Teak (100 grams?). I sold the coco because I found them too heavy, makes the regret not as significant despite how beautiful they were :wink:. You have quite the set, I had an eikon burl at one point, beautiful wood. You've been using the suede eikon pads on your auteurs? That is what I currently have installed, but was curious if I should experiment with my other pads (auteur suede and lambskin, verite pads, BE2 hybrids, universe lambskin and suede - curious if anyone liked these pads with an auteur).
I use Auteur lambskin perforated on walnut set, very satisfied. Found Eikon pads to be too dark / bass-emphasized although some may prefer that sig.

Aug 5, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #3,932 of 8,309
Zebrawood Auteur LTD.

I was initially using autueur perf suede with these and i was enjoying it with my Hagerman Audio Tuba. The suede is supposed to take off some of the highs and siibilance for a slight warm and neutral-ish sound signature. However, i recently switched to the stock Auteur Perf Lamb and IMHO, these are better than the suede. The highs have more sparkle and the bass slam feels more controlled. I also heard, universe perf/non perf are also good choices for the Auteur

Aug 11, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #3,933 of 8,309
1597124509238.png

Gotta let these beauties go! Without a doubt the best dynamic driver headphones I've ever heard and the best looking headphones I've ever seen.

Aug 11, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #3,935 of 8,309
I don't know what the wait time is, but the Auteur list hasn't been updated in about 3 weeks, while the Verite lists get about 2 updates a week and continue to grow longer every time I check. Verite orders are coming in faster than the units are going out the door, and it looks like ZMF is totally focused on them. The Auteur list is the shortest list of any of the models, and it appears they're not getting any attention as a result. On the other hand, it's possible that Zach is too busy to keep the lists up to date, so maybe things aren't as bad as they seem. My Auteurs have been in "sanding and finishing" for 4 weeks now.

Aug 11, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #3,936 of 8,309
My veritie C LTD has been sanding and finishing for the last 3 weeks. Give it time brother. Zach is trying his best to ship out orders as fast as he can. In the end, the wait will be worth it, as you ll be rewarded with an excellent headphone....atleast thats how i felt when i received my Auteur.

Aug 11, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #3,937 of 8,309
I don't know what the wait time is, but the Auteur list hasn't been updated in about 3 weeks, while the Verite lists get about 2 updates a week and continue to grow longer every time I check. Verite orders are coming in faster than the units are going out the door, and it looks like ZMF is totally focused on them. The Auteur list is the shortest list of any of the models, and it appears they're not getting any attention as a result. On the other hand, it's possible that Zach is too busy to keep the lists up to date, so maybe things aren't as bad as they seem. My Auteurs have been in "sanding and finishing" for 4 weeks now.
My veritie C LTD has been sanding and finishing for the last 3 weeks. Give it time brother. Zach is trying his best to ship out orders as fast as he can. In the end, the wait will be worth it, as you ll be rewarded with an excellent headphone....atleast thats how i felt when i received my Auteur.

Things are always happening faster than on the order sheets - truth is I just give much more attention to production than updating the sheets, I'm working to get better at that! We are looking for a way to integrate it into production more so that I'm not always having to try to remember to the updates at the end of a long production day. Sorry about that!

We have about 10 auteur's in assembly right now, most of those orders will ship late this week or next I believe.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Aug 12, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #3,939 of 8,309
Things are always happening faster than on the order sheets - truth is I just give much more attention to production than updating the sheets, I'm working to get better at that! We are looking for a way to integrate it into production more so that I'm not always having to try to remember to the updates at the end of a long production day. Sorry about that!

We have about 10 auteur's in assembly right now, most of those orders will ship late this week or next I believe.

Great! Even if my order is still a ways off it's encouraging to hear that the sheets lag behind reality. I should stop looking at it so often. It's hard not to though!

WE WANT OUR AUTEURS!!!
2.jpg

Aug 21, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #3,940 of 8,309
Quick question, was the Blackwood Auteur a limited edition or was it the stock wood at some point?

Aug 21, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #3,942 of 8,309
Aug 21, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #3,943 of 8,309
I thought so. Thanks for the verification.

Aug 21, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #3,944 of 8,309
Aug 21, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #3,945 of 8,309
I’m a little bit obsessed with the Blackwood Auteur with brushed aluminum grilles and rods. I’ve come very close to buying some other variations, but this combo is what I’m holding out for. If anyone decides to sell this combo, please shoot me a PM!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• LXMc
Back