ZMF Auteur Thread
Sep 10, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #3,361 of 8,309
Well, I'm as guilty as anybody of falling for FOTM -- note my last three purchases:

Ether 2
Empyrean
RAD-0

And I do tend to fall in love with my latest girl :)

But I keep coming back to Auteur -- so close to perfect for me.

Interestingly, of those three, RAD-0 comes closest in tonality to Auteur.

Sep 10, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #3,362 of 8,309
FOTM = ???

Flavor of the Month?

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #3,363 of 8,309
Sep 11, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #3,364 of 8,309
After receiving a new cable from Trevor (Norne Audio), I'm finally able to take some pics of my headphone in it's final configuration.

IMAG1871.jpg
IMAG1872.jpg

Sep 11, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #3,365 of 8,309
Hello to all you Auteur lovers. I am new to the fold and loving it.

A little over a year ago I sold a pair of Paduak Eikons to Pharmaboy. I contacted him a couple of weeks ago to see if he wanted to sell it back to me. His answer was nice but it was basically nfw. He gave me an excellent over view of the ZMF dynamic cans. I was fortunate enough to find and buy the Paduak Auteurs in the attached picture.

My theory was right. I had given up on the Eikons and a few other good cans because I was under amped to get the best out of them. A recent addition of an Apex Peak hybrid amp with the Volcano power supply has corrected that situation. Paired with the Auteur is pure sonic bliss! I really like the way that Zach builds and tunes his headphones!

2019_0909_115816_001.jpg

Attachments

• 2019_0909_115816_001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Sep 12, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #3,368 of 8,309
Good luck! :)

Sep 17, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #3,369 of 8,309
Love my Blackwood Auteurs . I bought used and they didn't come with Eikon pads so I guess I need to pick those up. I've been using them with Univ. suede pads. Think I prefer those to the stock leather ones.

Sep 17, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #3,370 of 8,309
Love my Blackwood Auteurs . I bought used and they didn't come with Eikon pads so I guess I need to pick those up. I've been using them with Univ. suede pads. Think I prefer those to the stock leather ones.

I have heard good things about the suede perforated eikon pads (I will be testing them out soon), might be worth checking out those instead if you are liking the universe suede. Personally, for stock Auteur pads vs eikon, I heavily leaned the Auteur pads. Eikon pads certainly leaned a bit warmer and were overall enjoyable, but at the cost of a lot of detail, air, and soundstage.

Sep 17, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #3,371 of 8,309
By 'stock leather' do you mean Auteur perforated leather pads?

Sep 17, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #3,373 of 8,309
I have heard good things about the suede perforated eikon pads (I will be testing them out soon), might be worth checking out those instead if you are liking the universe suede. Personally, for stock Auteur pads vs eikon, I heavily leaned the Auteur pads. Eikon pads certainly leaned a bit warmer and were overall enjoyable, but at the cost of a lot of detail, air, and soundstage.
Cool. Thanks for the info. Let me know how you like the suede pads.

Sep 17, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #3,374 of 8,309
Cool. Thanks for the info. Let me know how you like the suede pads.

Will do. I will have a bunch of ZMF impressions to post soon (breaking in a new Aeolus), but my Auteur is in with Zach getting a facelift currently. I will be interested to see how much of a difference the eikon perforated suede make, as I found the pad rolling options to be subtle with the Auteur. The Aeolus, on the other hand, is clearly VERY susceptible to pad rolling, a true chameleon of a headphone.

Sep 17, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #3,375 of 8,309
By 'stock leather' do you mean Auteur perforated leather pads?
That's what I figured. User Vtory over there commented about Universe Suede pads on his Auteur and said:
...Very bright. This is the brightest zmf combination I've ever heard...
Actually, there's a bunch of posts about the effect of different pads. Vtory's posts are especially useful since he had a Blackwood Auteur.

Thread is entitled:

ZMF Auteur - An open back ZMF

Check it out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back