ZMF Atrium Closed - the latest closed back headphone from ZMF
May 4, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #811 of 3,119
I'm trying to decide between the cherry and the aged cherry. The aged cherry in the pics on the website look much darker than the aged cherry Atrium open I had. Zach - has the aged ccherry color changed that drastically since the Atrium open color ? Thanks...
AtriumClosed_Shopify6_1024x1024@2x.jpg

1683204946967.pngMy aged cherry AC is much darker than my AO was. I think if AO went any darker it wouldn't have good contrast in colors compared to the grill

May 4, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #812 of 3,119
I'm trying to decide between the cherry and the aged cherry. The aged cherry in the pics on the website look much darker than the aged cherry Atrium open I had. Zach - has the aged ccherry color changed that drastically since the Atrium open color ? Thanks...
AtriumClosed_Shopify6_1024x1024@2x.jpg

1683204946967.png
I have the aged cherry AO and love it's coloration and overall look. The AC aged cherry seems to be intentionally stained darker. Just my guess though, hopefully Zach will confirm. @zach915m

May 4, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #814 of 3,119
My girlfriend has taken delivery of my AC! I'm still at work but I'll be home in an hour, can't wait!
Nice! What order # were you and what version did you get?

May 4, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #815 of 3,119
I have the aged cherry AO and love it's coloration and overall look. The AC aged cherry seems to be intentionally stained darker. Just my guess though, hopefully Zach will confirm. @zach915m
We did change stains at one point as the actual ager we used would vary too greatly based on what cut of wood we were using. So as of now the aged versions get a mix of the ager and a stain to give them a darker look that's more consistent. There's no better or worse, but we wanted to make the color the most Co sistent it could be.

The Atrium closeds will come closer to the picture above of the AC.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 4, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #816 of 3,119
Guys, I may be too excited for my Atrium Closed. I legit had a dream last night that I hit up ZMF asking about my order and they essentially told me they had to cancel it as they ran out of Olive wood 🤣.Count that as my first ever headphone related dream

May 4, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #817 of 3,119
Guys, I may be too excited for my Atrium Closed. I legit had a dream last night that I hit up ZMF asking about my order and they essentially told me they had to cancel it as they ran out of Olive wood 🤣.Count that as my first ever headphone related dream
Dream???? Sounds like a nightmare to me.

May 4, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #818 of 3,119
Steady now. haha. I'm desperately waiting for mine to ship as well. First ever ZMF.

May 4, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #821 of 3,119
Looking forward to all first impressions..

(remember these continue to improve quite a bit first couple of weeks as the drivers settle in)

May 4, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #823 of 3,119
Does anyone have any recommendations for which pair I should get to complement my Utopias? I feel my Utopias are a bit bright and i'm looking for a darker and warmer closed pair of ZMF headphones as an alternative.

From what I researched, the ZMF Atrium are the most similar to the Eikons. I'm a bigger fan of the ZMF Atticus sound than the Eikons. Does it make sense for me to go for a ZMF Verite Closed instead?

May 4, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #824 of 3,119
Does anyone have any recommendations for which pair I should get to complement my Utopias? I feel my Utopias are a bit bright and i'm looking for a darker and warmer closed pair of ZMF headphones as an alternative.

From what I researched, the ZMF Atrium are the most similar to the Eikons. I'm a bigger fan of the ZMF Atticus sound than the Eikons. Does it make sense for me to go for a ZMF Verite Closed instead?
The Atticus brought the mid bass slam and the Eikon brought the sub bass. IMO the AC brings both. Nothing wrong with choosing the VC, but if you're afraid that the AC doesnt thump, trust me, it does.

EDIT: to my ears/gears the AC is warmer than the VC as well.

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #825 of 3,119
Passing this on to someone who is debating on the Verite or the Atriums Closed

from ZMF Support

ACB-R5TkIHaXPxx9GwYFkd5Axuu6dZw_CG9r3TVcUT7N=s80-p

Support ZMF <support@zmfheadphones.com>​

6:10 PM (17 minutes ago)

to me

Hey Ken,

Thank you for reaching out!

Based on your description, I would recommend giving the Verite Closed a try.

The Verite Closed falls more towards the warmer end of neutral. If you enjoy a slightly more relaxed mid-range the Verite Closed could be a great choice. Its beryllium drivers also give it the fastest transient response among our dynamic headphones. If you enjoy a very fast, punchy, and immediate type of sonic presentation I would recommend looking at the Verite Closed.

The Atrium Closed but features a much closer to linear tuning. If you enjoy a little more mid-range forwardness with great clarity and transparency the Atrium Closed could be a great choice. In terms of low end frequency response, the Atrium Closed will have a stronger sub-bass response, whereas the Verite Closed has more emphasis in the mid-bass which adds to its more warm, rich, lush type presentation. The driver used in the Atrium closed is a biocellulose driver. In terms of transient response this gives the Atrium Closed a subjectively more natural or organic quality.

Again, we do not consider either better or worse then the other, just two different sonic presentations. If you prefer a more laid back mid range presentation I would recommend giving the Verite Closed a try.

For me, I think the ZMF Verite Closed is more in line with what i'm looking for in a warmer sound signature but I realized that I already owned a Beryllium headphoe(Focal Utopia) so it makes more sense for me to try something else so i guess the ZMF Atrium Closed it is!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back