ZMF Atrium Closed
May 6, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #841 of 3,180
IMG_1635 copie.jpg

I've had a dilemma this morning. I wasn't sure if I had to stare at them or put them on my head for a listening session. Fair enough, i did both. beautiful look, beautiful sound.
That’s a gorgeous set right there!

May 6, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #842 of 3,180
The first olvia woods sending look‚s beautiful on you GUYS,have fun with them.
Some look better than on the homepage.
But of course it's a matter of taste.
Zach has done a masterful job with his guys and the rest of the team.
I am also very happy with my AO Bocote that arrived yesterday.
Sometimes you could bite into it because it is so beautiful.

May 6, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #843 of 3,180

I've had a dilemma this morning. I wasn't sure if I had to stare at them or put them on my head for a listening session. Fair enough, i did both. beautiful look, beautiful sound.
Install a mirror where you listen … 🤣

May 6, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #845 of 3,180
8EEF75B2-DE0C-4F06-A9B6-C152BE7DBCE8.jpeg

Aged goodness.. 😀

May 6, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #846 of 3,180
Last edited:
May 7, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #849 of 3,180
I am holding off a purchase until I see pics of the cherry...

Same. And also some more impressions from the people who already received it. It's been very quiet here all things considered. So far very strong likes and loves but relatively few in number. Would be great to see more reactions once people are comfortable that they've opened up the drivers sufficiently.

May 7, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #850 of 3,180
Same. And also some more impressions from the people who already received it. It's been very quiet here all things considered. So far very strong likes and loves but relatively few in number. Would be great to see more reactions once people are comfortable that they've opened up the drivers sufficiently.
My thoughts as well. I hear people are letting it burn in before making subjective review. I am inching towards canceling and wait for more reviews to show up as I purchased on an impulse. I recall more reviews flowing in when VC was released in a similar time frame.

Last edited:
May 7, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #851 of 3,180
My thoughts as well. I hear people are letting it burn in before making subjective review. I am inching towards canceling and wait for more reviews to show up as I purchased on an impulse. I recall more reviews flowing in when VC was released in a similar time frame.
I also think the VC’s were released when the economy was in much better shape and the money was flowing. Just anecdotally looking at the forum and other releases, people are holding on to their cash more lately than a couple years ago so that’s also a reason less are ordering/you’re seeing less initial reviews of the AC compared to the VC

May 7, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #852 of 3,180
Hmm don't know exactly.
I think it varies from country to country.
Probably wouldn't have bought my Atrium Open if the Bocote hadn't been so stunning.
I always thought about the Atrium, but I wanted something you could only get in the Ltd that would captivate you.
That's what happened when Zach introduced the Bocote.

That's why I think Cherry as well as Aged Cherry and Olive may not have been to everyone's taste when first released.

When the Atrium open came out last year, Bubinga and Koa were also very nice I must add.
But I hesitated because I was still missing the first impressions.
At that time I had only bought the first Zmf headphones.
And I also didn't know what
In retrospect, I was perhaps a little annoyed that I had bought the Auteur Og instead of the Atrium.
Nevertheless, the Auteur had been my faithful companion for a year and also came at my expense.
Now I'm glad I waited because Zach also makes and offers the wooden boxes himself.
I always wanted to have these and with the Bocote I didn't miss a beat.
And now the wait has been worth it.
The wood is beautiful, the sound of the atrium is heavenly.
I have what I always wanted when I really spend money on a Zmf, and I think that's what most people typically wait for.

I understand that the first people who bought one are waiting a while before they commit.
And will want to enjoy them for themselves before they come clean.
Can't blame them. :sweat_smile:
After all, one or the other is dependent on it and also expects a clean post with great impressions.
At least that's how I assess the lie, and I could be wrong.:sweat_smile:

May 7, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #853 of 3,180
I also think the VC’s were released when the economy was in much better shape and the money was flowing. Just anecdotally looking at the forum and other releases, people are holding on to their cash more lately than a couple years ago so that’s also a reason less are ordering/you’re seeing less initial reviews of the AC compared to the VC
A friend who is a legit super high end audio dealer down in Nashville told me his April sales were just 12% of what his January sales were.

May 7, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #854 of 3,180
A friend who is a legit super high end audio dealer down in Nashville told me his April sales were just 12% of what his January sales were.
Ya I’m not surprised unfortunately. I work in sales in the tech sector which is getting killed right now but, in general, anything classified as “nice to have” is getting hammered in the current market. As much as we all love our headphones and music there is no doubt it’s a nice to have vs a need. I purchased the AC mainly due to the discount and knowing I’m only keeping it or my VC so the ultimate impact after that is as “safe” as it can be for me

May 7, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #855 of 3,180
Here in Germany, I personally don't notice anything in the technology sector.
We currently have the problem that the price of food has risen and it is the same quality before it became political in certain countries.
You know what I am talking about.

They pay the same as they used to pay for less and in addition the content has shrunk with the price increase.
Even when you go out to eat, you pay twice as much for the same thing.

In the audio sector, I think that this year, here and there, the red pencil might be applied to certain products.
That may or may not be an advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back