ZMF Atrium Closed
May 4, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #826 of 3,180
It really does come down to whether you want a more laid back presentation or not. I love my VC, but I placed an order for that gorgeous Olivewood AC. I suspect the AC/VC combo will be a great, dynamic duo.

The truth is, you can't really go wrong with either. Both will complement your Utopia. Just comes down to what you're currently looking for. Let us know how you get on. : )

May 4, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #828 of 3,180
Does anyone have any recommendations for which pair I should get to complement my Utopias? I feel my Utopias are a bit bright and i'm looking for a darker and warmer closed pair of ZMF headphones as an alternative.

From what I researched, the ZMF Atrium are the most similar to the Eikons. I'm a bigger fan of the ZMF Atticus sound than the Eikons. Does it make sense for me to go for a ZMF Verite Closed instead?
I actually prefer Atticus over Verite. I know, I’m probably in the minority. I like that it is more forgiving of less than perfect recordings. My Atrium open also has this characteristic but has a larger soundstage and improved technicalities. I would pick Atrium hands down, but we all hear things differently. That’s part of what makes this hobby interesting (and sometimes frustrating).

May 4, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #829 of 3,180
Does anyone have any recommendations for which pair I should get to complement my Utopias? I feel my Utopias are a bit bright and i'm looking for a darker and warmer closed pair of ZMF headphones as an alternative.

From what I researched, the ZMF Atrium are the most similar to the Eikons. I'm a bigger fan of the ZMF Atticus sound than the Eikons. Does it make sense for me to go for a ZMF Verite Closed instead?
Imo the Atrium closed is more like the Atticus and the Verite closed more like the Eikon. At least with the stock pads. I still keep thinking the AC sounds like an evolution of the Atticus. I had the VC and did like it but preferred the Atticus to it, hence the sale.

May 5, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #832 of 3,180
I ordered an Olivewood Atrium Closed a few days ago, and it just shipped. So they must still have some in stock.
Interesting! I ordered my olivewood at the end of launch day and it hasn’t shipped. Curious how they go about fulfilling orders. Seems like it’s not necessarily by order number

May 5, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #833 of 3,180
Interesting! I ordered my olivewood at the end of launch day and it hasn’t shipped. Curious how they go about fulfilling orders. Seems like it’s not necessarily by order number
I ordered my Olive wood 9 mins after launch. Mine hasn't shipped yet either. Although I did order mine with the Salire headphone stand, so not sure if that's holding up the order from shipping. Wasn't paying attention that it could take up to 10 business days for the Salire. Was too excited to get my order through. 🤣

May 5, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #834 of 3,180
Well I ordered the cherry about 5 minutes after launch, and a few days later changed my order to the Olive. Maybe that has something to do with it. But they must still have some units. I'm sure mine wasn't the last one.

May 5, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #835 of 3,180
N.º de pedido 13362 Olive Wood Ltd.

IMG_1637.JPG
My congrats to all the new AC owners! All the pics sent are stunning.

I love the Olive wood because I love this tree and the grain, but both finishes are awesome indeed

+1 looking forward to hearing your impressions. In the future I think it will be a good buddy to my Verite

I’m happy to see I am not the only one that get excited prior to receive a ZMF hp. It seems to be a common effect in a lot of new owners… 😉

Enjoy your new babys! :gs1000smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back