Zishan Z4 - DAP with Dual DAC ES9038Q2M | Dual AMP OPA1622 | USB 32-bit + DSD | Bluetooth LDAC 24-bit | Balanced 2,5/4,4 | LO/PO 3,5mm
Jan 1, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #408 of 620
I didn't understand what is your answer.
what mods? I replaced the (2)op amp to muses02. That kind of mods?
Remove blocking caps, change ceramic in audio rail, output resistors for 2-3ohms insted 10.
Then DSDs 4499 will be better.

But it's a still different player.
My modded DSDs Dual AK4497 is better than modded Z4. Overal DSDs have better potential for mods and performance for single ended 3,5mm.
3,5 in Z4 is lower sound and power quality than 3,5 in DSDs.
Balanced 4.4 is better but still not as good as 3,5 in modded DSDs.

Jan 1, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #409 of 620
Honestly i can't imagine better sounding than my 4499, and messing with it now that it's impossible to get another one like it, doesn't appeal to me. i'm was just curious if the z4 with all the Bluetooth, usb dac with 32bit and codecs exetra exetra was sounding as good

Jan 1, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #410 of 620
Honestly i can't imagine better sounding than my 4499, and messing with it now that it's impossible to get another one like it, doesn't appeal to me. i'm was just curious if the z4 with all the Bluetooth, usb dac with 32bit and codecs exetra exetra was sounding as good
Stock DSDs even AK4499 its nothing special, You just need to look more expensive players, much more :wink:
I told You stock Z4 will be better than Your DSDs 4499. Not same sound signature but overall technically better.
More separation and signal to noise ratio.

Also Zishan made better than 4499 before:

1) DSD GAD Pro based on single 4497
2) DSD GAD edition Dual AK4497
3) DSDs Dual AK4497 very similar and cheaper
4) DSD Pro AK4495
5) DSD first custom and rare (GAD) AK4495 based on different operating system

If You think DAC chip itself can magically create best sound, You are wrong.
Sound quality is based on implementation of DAC and mostly amplifier section.
Zishans on top line have best DAC chips and OPA but worse power supply, screen, operating system, capacitors, resistors and overall passive components.
That's why they are times cheaper than known brands.
Zishan don't have marketing as well but also it's not same lever of quality product. People who are used to modern advanced players with nice operating system, screen and build quality should avoid Zishans products. They are just obscure, primitive with no service or real guarantee.

It's good for us because we have nice sound for cheap price but it's not like high-end stuff but can be modded and sky is the limit :)

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #412 of 620
Stock DSDs even AK4499 its nothing special
I had the 4495 and the 4497 and the 4497 dual édition. I actually have many DACs an daps, so I am not asking you about the sound of the 4499 in comparison to other DAC, because I know how they compare. And without any mode what so ever the 4499 is a million times better. I was asking how it compare to the z4. But obviously not from you, because you can't hear the superiority of the 4499. Thanks for your time anyway

Jan 2, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #413 of 620
I had the 4495 and the 4497 and the 4497 dual édition. I actually have many DACs an daps, so I am not asking you about the sound of the 4499 in comparison to other DAC, because I know how they compare. And without any mode what so ever the 4499 is a million times better. I was asking how it compare to the z4. But obviously not from you, because you can't hear the superiority of the 4499. Thanks for your time anyway
Maybe You just hit the right spot in sound signature of DSDs AK4499.

Just look forward other AK4499 devices with better functionality, with good DAC USB and Bluetooth connection like Fiio M15. Also sound will be superior than DSDs.

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #414 of 620
I have few amazing Dacs Like The topping D90 4499 the ifi idsd signature the denafrips ares ii, and many more, but only the zishan 4499 give me the most out of my sivga peacock. To be fair it is connected to the little dot mkiii and to the Bravo Audio V3. But i tried every configuration out there, and the zishan sounds like My r2r

Jan 2, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #415 of 620
I have few amazing Dacs Like The topping D90 4499 the ifi idsd signature the denafrips ares ii, and many more, but only the zishan 4499 give me the most out of my sivga peacock. To be fair it is connected to the little dot mkiii and to the Bravo Audio V3. But i tried every configuration out there, and the zishan sounds like My r2r
If its connected via line-out it's to best way to use it.

Jan 2, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #417 of 620
I'm not going to try a $1300 dap for better functionality when I have an amazing one whom I paid $100 for. i'm looking from time to time on zishan new daps. so far only the z4 was interesting, only that from what I gather the sound is not the one i'm looking for
DSDs 4499 for 100$ was a good deal. When AK will go back to menu, they will release something new.

Jan 2, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #419 of 620
That was the price back then(b4 the fire) I wonder if they can come back from such a disaster(sad times for audiophiles)
Yes they will, I'm sure everything was policyholder insured, just need time.
Sadly, Covid hit, up to 9% inflation. Electronic prices go a lot higher. Cost of living increase as well i every country.
Everything will be still more expensive for audiophiles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back