ZiShan U1 HiFi USB DAC+AMP Thread

Would you buy the ZiShan U1?

• Total voters
Jun 24, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #31 of 196
Recently parcel to UK arrive super fast from aliexpress :) I wanted to use the Tempotec as a transport and zishan as a dac. I f I am not mistaken U1 has the same dac chip as fiio m11. Currently have it hooked to my pc paired with fiio fh1s and all seems fine, really enjoying the sounds I hear :)

Jun 25, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #33 of 196
Recently parcel to UK arrive super fast from aliexpress :) I wanted to use the Tempotec as a transport and zishan as a dac. I f I am not mistaken U1 has the same dac chip as fiio m11. Currently have it hooked to my pc paired with fiio fh1s and all seems fine, really enjoying the sounds I hear :)
Wait, what tempotec device you're trying to use as a transport to the U1? Is it tempotec V1? You connected the digital out to the correct input (USB DAC)?
It didn't work with the TempoTec V1/V1A? Aw crap, that's the reason I got it..........
That's not good. I mean if it work for tempotec V1, it'll be a great combo. Let me ask to my source.

Jun 25, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #34 of 196
Wait, what tempotec device you're trying to use as a transport to the U1? Is it tempotec V1? You connected the digital out to the correct input (USB DAC)?

That's not good. I mean if it work for tempotec V1, it'll be a great combo. Let me ask to my source.
I have tempotec v1a, maybe that is why it is not working. Yes I did connect it to the correct port using cable (usb-c to usb-c) that was included with the zishan. Or it might be the faulty cable, but at the moment, I do not have another cable to test it 🙈

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #35 of 196
Tried to connect it to my phone today, and... Nothing 😃 Seems it is a t*rd of a device, or it is definitely crapy cable they have included in the package, because it connects to pc with no problem.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #36 of 196
Tried to connect it to my phone today, and... Nothing 😃 Seems it is a t*rd of a device, or it is definitely crapy cable they have included in the package, because it connects to pc with no problem.
Maybe the U1 doesn't support V1A. But i need you to answer this: what phone you're using with the U1?

Glad to hear that it works with PC by the way.

Jun 26, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #37 of 196
Maybe the U1 doesn't support V1A. But i need you to answer this: what phone you're using with the U1?

Glad to hear that it works with PC by the way.
My phone is Huawei mate 20x and I have tried it with Sonata HD and that connects without a problem to my phone.

Jun 26, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #38 of 196
Can you please find this setting and set it to "File transfer"?

Mostly, you can find it on developer options.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200626-135946830 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20200626-135946830 (1).jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20200626-135957426 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20200626-135957426 (1).jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 0
Jun 26, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #39 of 196
I have tried playing with these settings , but I was automatically dropped back to charge external device option or something similar. I am at work at the moment, so I will have another look back at home 👍

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #41 of 196
I had time to check the zishan more. So the included short Usb-C to Usb-c cable is fine, because if I connect with it to a pc all is working fine, but the phone is a different story. No mater what option I select, it automatically dropps me to charge external device only mode. I can hear the U1 making a clicking sound, when connected to a phone, but nothing else is happening. So U1 is not a plug and play device for my phone.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #42 of 196
A bit more information on T*rd U1 😃 I have tried it with an LG G6 ant could not connect it to it as well, so I will wait for someone else to tell the stories of their experiences. I have written to the seller on the aliexpress and asked him, maybe he knows a solution to this problem, but I do not have my hopes high on this one.

Jun 26, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #44 of 196
A bit more information on T*rd U1 😃 I have tried it with an LG G6 ant could not connect it to it as well, so I will wait for someone else to tell the stories of their experiences. I have written to the seller on the aliexpress and asked him, maybe he knows a solution to this problem, but I do not have my hopes high on this one.
Well that's bad. Maybe it didn't support for Android? Can't believe. Well i don't know what to suggest. Maybe ZiShan tested for PC only.
Hi, I'm new to the forum and recently bought Zishan u1. I have an LG G7 Thinq and when I arrive I will test and share my impressions with this group.
Hello and welcome, dsoares,

I hope it can work for your G7. Otherwise you're going to make it sit with your PC based on what BubisUK reported. Fingers crossed it'll work with phones.

Jun 26, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #45 of 196
It doesn't make sense to me that the device doesn't work on phones. It is possibly a bug that can be fixed by firmware update. Another possible explanation is that it will definitely work only on a few phones. Let's wait...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back