Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #694 of 6,090
I have the Tenore and am curious what the mids are classified as (e.g. recessed, forward, neutral, etc).  I love the mids/vocals on the Tenore because they are so engaging and textured and want to understand sound signature.

Jul 15, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #696 of 6,090
Cheers!
Will try em once I am home, with stock and then m6 tips.
Anyone tried em with the Sony hybrids? 

I did. A bit too warm sounding for me. I like the m6 tips better.

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #698 of 6,090
OK guys. I love the sound of my Bassos and I am trying to find a pair of full size headphones with a similar sort of sound signature, so what should I be looking for? I just love how they have bass when called upon but the mids don't sound too recessed and the highs aren't piercing (At least to me). I'm having a hard time finding a comfortable closed circumaural pair of headphones with a similar sound signature.

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #700 of 6,090
It's been a while since my last post and I am ready to empty my pockets again!
I have already read the whole topic and I think that Basso is the IEM for me but I need to clarify something before the final choice.
I mainly listen to classic rock and literally any other rock sub-genres also some Soul, Jazz, Folk, Garage etc. I never ever listen to any electronic genre.
Also I like the huge soundstage and I don't know if the bass of the Basso is too much for me. I am already a happy user of JVC S500 if that helps.
Could anyone suggest the Basso over the JVC FXD70/80, AT CKN70 or Vsonic GR06? I don't know if Tenore suits me better for my tastes.

I know that head-fi has been more than helpful to me but now I am in a huge hurry to buy a pair ASAP so please I need a quick help :)

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #701 of 6,090
I love the Tenore's that I have now. Soundstage is big and they have less bass than the FXD80, GR06 from what I remember when I owned them... definitely less than the CKN70's which I still own. I'm assuming the basso's have more bass than the above mentioned phones.

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #703 of 6,090
Quote:
It's been a while since my last post and I am ready to empty my pockets again!
I have already read the whole topic and I think that Basso is the IEM for me but I need to clarify something before the final choice.
I mainly listen to classic rock and literally any other rock sub-genres also some Soul, Jazz, Folk, Garage etc. I never ever listen to any electronic genre.
Also I like the huge soundstage and I don't know if the bass of the Basso is too much for me. I am already a happy user of JVC S500 if that helps.
Could anyone suggest the Basso over the JVC FXD70/80, AT CKN70 or Vsonic GR06? I don't know if Tenore suits me better for my tastes.

I know that head-fi has been more than helpful to me but now I am in a huge hurry to buy a pair ASAP so please I need a quick help :)

For an easy big bass big stage relaxing airy listen the Bassos are it, but i have heard the JVC S500s, FXD70/80s as well as the CKN70 and all of them more much more aggressive in presentation. The FXD70s and CKN70s i would say are the most aggressive, followed by the FXD80s and S500s. The Bassos are similar to the MH1Cs in sound but is a total and complete upgrade to the MH1Cs meaning wayyy bigger stage, more forward lush mids and a more extended yet non harsh treble all wrapped in a slightly warmish airy sound.

BUT if you want something that sounds almost exactly the same as these Bassos but with a slightly more aggressive sound due to a slightly crisper treble, you might want to check out the NuFroce NE-700s. The nutman seems to like it slightly over the Bassos. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/672193/review-the-new-and-improved-nuforce-ne-700m-ne-650m

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #705 of 6,090
Quote:
For an easy big bass big stage relaxing airy listen the Bassos are it, but i have heard the JVC S500s, FXD70/80s as well as the CKN70 and all of them more much more aggressive in presentation. The FXD70s and CKN70s i would say are the most aggressive, followed by the FXD80s and S500s. The Bassos are similar to the MH1Cs in sound but is a total and complete upgrade to the MH1Cs meaning wayyy bigger stage, more forward lush mids and a more extended yet non harsh treble all wrapped in a slightly warmish airy sound.

BUT if you want something that sounds almost exactly the same as these Bassos but with a slightly more aggressive sound due to a slightly crisper treble, you might want to check out the NuFroce NE-700s. The nutman seems to like it slightly over the Bassos. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/672193/review-the-new-and-improved-nuforce-ne-700m-ne-650m

I was just checking these now! I'm trying to finish the review hehe! I had the impression that Bassos where kinda aggressive with a big soundstage. I don't really think that this warmish airy "veil" will appeal to me. I find the S500s just fine in warmth but I don't really want something warmer/relaxing. So probably I must head towards FXD70 or CKN70 according to you?

Quote:
I love the Tenore's that I have now. Soundstage is big and they have less bass than the FXD80, GR06 from what I remember when I owned them... definitely less than the CKN70's which I still own. I'm assuming the basso's have more bass than the above mentioned phones.

Thanks for the info! Do you think that Tenore's bass is enough for the kind of music I've mentioned above?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back