Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 19, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #722 of 6,090
Quote:
I want some circumaural phones man
biggrin.gif

I know :)

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #723 of 6,090
Quote:
^ My vote for you is the Basso's. I find the S500's bass to be more prominent than the Basso's, so I don't think you would have to worry about the Basso's having too much bass (only awesome bass :).

Great! More confusion to come
darthsmile.gif

Thanks for the tip though, too bad I don't have the budget for both of them, so no more search!
On one hand from what I read Basso has fuller sound and more bass on the other hand I've read that Tenore has less bass but also a bit "washed out" sound so I must choose wisely
confused_face(1).gif

Quote:

Now why did I know that you were going to say that lol! Did you ever try the S500's with the HM5 pads?

S500+HM5 pads = 100% Comfort (I have them on for about 6 hours now!)

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #724 of 6,090
If I remember correctly your posts, do you think that Tenore would be good for stoner/doom metal or prog metal like Tool for example. I would love to have that huge soundstage that everyone is praising here!

I would choose the Basso for prog metal. They are amazing with Tool and Dream Theater! Just make sure to pair the Basso with a great amp like the C5 for better control in bass and extended highs. Makes a whole lot of difference. I use to complain about the delay in decay on the Basso but its totally gone with the C5 on. I can even enjoy Pantera with the Basso!

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #725 of 6,090
Quote:
I would choose the Basso for prog metal. They are amazing with Tool and Dream Theater! Just make sure to pair the Basso with a great amp like the C5 for better control in bass and extended highs. Makes a whole lot of difference. I use to complain about the delay in decay on the Basso but its totally gone with the C5 on. I can even enjoy Pantera with the Basso!

I will soon receive a Fiio E10 I hope that they will pair good enough but I will mainly use them without amp straight from my Smartphone since I use the IEMs mainly outdoors. When I'm at home I always prefer my headphones over the IEMs

Jul 20, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #727 of 6,090
Thanks everyone for responding my questions but I decided to go with the Basso from a fellow Headfier!
I re-read your impressions and I think that it would be better to have more bass and then recess it with some tips than missing it, so fingers crossed!
Hopefully in a week from now I will know if I'll stay on the hype-train, otherwise you will find another Basso at the classifieds
biggrin.gif

Jul 20, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #728 of 6,090
@vsls I hope you enjoy the Basso as much as I do. They sound their best when amped and still good even without. I find them great when paired with the HTC One.

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #729 of 6,090
How do these bassos/tenores perform instrument-separation-wise? On the mh1c i can hear everything from plucking of guitar strings to breathing. I was gonna pull the trigger on the VSD1s but i'm disappointed with the instrument separation and cleanness of sound.

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #731 of 6,090
Quote:
@vsls I hope you enjoy the Basso as much as I do. They sound their best when amped and still good even without. I find them great when paired with the HTC One.

Thanks d marc0, actually you assured me that I won't be disappointed by their sig for our similar music tastes so I will have someone to blame if they don't fit me then
biggrin.gif

Basso + GnR + Samsung for me, let's hope they will be as good as yours!

I have another slightly off topic question to anyone could help. I was looking for the Meelec M6 tips that everyone praises (of course I don't know if I need them yet)
The cost for just one pair of the tips is $6,5 shipped and for $21 (OBO) you can buy a Sport-Fi S6 or a M6P IEM with all the tips and the case. Do they worth that $14.5 extra or should I just pick the tips?

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #732 of 6,090
is the C5 90$ better than the C and C BH? in terms of sound quality... are either of those class A?
thanks

Best to PM ClieOS because he's tried them all.

How do these bassos/tenores perform instrument-separation-wise? On the mh1c i can hear everything from plucking of guitar strings to breathing. I was gonna pull the trigger on the VSD1s but i'm disappointed with the instrument separation and cleanness of sound.

Waaay better than MH1C.

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #733 of 6,090
Thanks d marc0, actually you assured me that I won't be disappointed by their sig for our similar music tastes so I will have someone to blame if they don't fit me then :D
Basso + GnR + Samsung for me, let's hope they will be as good as yours!

You're welcome.
I look forward to your impressions.

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #734 of 6,090
Quote:

I agree, the One has amazing sound quality for a phone. 
Never tried it with a Wolsfen Samasung with Voodoo Mod so cant compare sadly.
Might get a basic amp to go with my Cowon J3.

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #735 of 6,090

Users who are viewing this thread

Back