Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 21, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #753 of 6,090
I might get some hybrids too then.

My main disappointment with Basso's is cable, my GR06s cable is slightly thicker and does not get as tangled as the Bassos where the cable is thin and feels like it can easily break.

Jul 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #754 of 6,090
Quote:
I might get some hybrids too then.

My main disappointment with Basso's is cable, my GR06s cable is slightly thicker and does not get as tangled as the Bassos where the cable is thin and feels like it can easily break.

Since you already have the GR06s, could you compare their mids against the Basso's?

Jul 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #755 of 6,090
Quote:
Since you already have the GR06s, could you compare their mids against the Basso's?

Im not the best in comparing IEMs as Im a n00b when it comes to describing sounds and stuff lol 
So far I do feel the mids are bit more forward in the GR06s, vocals are better in the GR06's too.
Basso's are better bass and soundstage and highs. 

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #756 of 6,090
The Melec6 hybrid tips that some head-fiers recommended came off my Tenores in my ears and wouldnt come out!  had to go the vetenarian to have them removed! ha ha..na my girlfriend removed them with a tweezers.  wondering if i have to glue them on the tips of nozzles or what???

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #757 of 6,090
Quote:
Im not the best in comparing IEMs as Im a n00b when it comes to describing sounds and stuff lol 
So far I do feel the mids are bit more forward in the GR06s, vocals are better in the GR06's too.

Thanks! I'm not an expert either so I can understand that this is difficult!
Do you think that the bigger "wow" soundstage of the Basso's can still well present the vocals?

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #763 of 6,090
Quote:

Which do you prefer overall and what type of music do you listen to?

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #765 of 6,090
My bassos have about 50 hours burn in now (still burning in) but brief listening tests show great promise.  compared to the Tenores they
have much more sub bass, 3D like dimensionality and midrange treble sparkle. they sound like "live audio" wheras the Tenores are smoother
more studio sounding and polite.  both will be useful for diffrent kinds of music.  The Bassos are very dramatic, the music seems
live, interacting instruments dance, and the attack is much greater than the polite and mannered Tenores.  Bassos have a
dramatic flair, that is for sure.  Still listening...thinking of comparing these with ath ckim77x amd sony eb90s...
would either of those be an improvement for ddm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back