Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 13, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #662 of 6,090
Just got the Basso into my ears and kind of a little disappointed that I got driver flex on both side. Sound wise, will not want to commend until I get it thru the burn in ritual. One thing for sure, sibilant will definitely be absent and hoping for the bass to tighten up and the highs to opens up a little more after burning in. For now with less an hour on my ears, it is starting to grow on me and would stay positive and look forward to hear it's full potential. Need some time to adjust to them as I've been on the Philips S2 for the last couple of days. So OOTB, it looks and sounds promising. Cheers.

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #665 of 6,090
Quote:
Just got the Basso into my ears and kind of a little disappointed that I got driver flex on both side. Sound wise, will not want to commend until I get it thru the burn in ritual. One thing for sure, sibilant will definitely be absent and hoping for the bass to tighten up and the highs to opens up a little more after burning in. For now with less an hour on my ears, it is starting to grow on me and would stay positive and look forward to hear it's full potential. Need some time to adjust to them as I've been on the Philips S2 for the last couple of days. So OOTB, it looks and sounds promising. Cheers.

Would you say the S2 is more in your face and fun or Basso?

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #666 of 6,090

Hi nekromantik, I can't really draw a conclusion with what I heard with my ears and I only have the heard the Basso for only an hour. For now, I think the Basso is a little more upfront than the S2. The S2 gives me a feeling that the stage is placed nicely a step or 2 in front of me rather than in my face. While the Basso, due to it's big bass presence, gives me a in your face feel compared to the S2. But take it with a grain of salt as I'm not really experienced and knowledgeable in describing sound but can surely hear differences with a given phone. Furthermore, we hear things differently and I can only say what's was heard thru my ears.

I think Dsnuts would be a better person to draw a conclusion to this with his experience and i think he also have heard and own both the S2 and Basso.

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #667 of 6,090
Quote:
Hi nekromantik, I can't really draw a conclusion with what I heard with my ears and I only have the heard the Basso for only an hour. For now, I think the Basso is a little more upfront than the S2. The S2 gives me a feeling that the stage is placed nicely a step or 2 in front of me rather than in my face. While the Basso, due to it's big bass presence, gives me a in your face feel compared to the S2. But take it with a grain of salt as I'm not really experienced and knowledgeable in describing sound but can surely hear differences with a given phone. Furthermore, we hear things differently and I can only say what's was heard thru my ears.

I think Dsnuts would be a better person to draw a conclusion to this with his experience and i think he also have heard and own both the S2 and Basso.

ok thanks :)

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #668 of 6,090
Just ordered the Vsonic vsd1, seems like a promising audio tool for bass focused music that compliments the bassos according to 
other head-fi experimentalists.  will give you side by side oomparison when they both arrive and are burned in.
meanwhile, my Tenores continue to impress me while they are burning in.  They were actually pleasing out of the box,
got worse with about 10 hours of break-in and now are improving again. They sound fabulous right out of the Colorfly C3 without
any amp on psytrance live tracks...very smooth......but bass has great impact...

Jul 13, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #670 of 6,090
Quote:

I have my S2s in my ears as I type. They are too awesome sounding to my ears. This being said if you want a smooth balanced non fatiguing sound with excellent bass response go for the bassos or even the NE-700M which I did a review of last night. The sound is very similar to the bassos with better treble extension. The S2 is less colored sound wise meaning they are more technically accurate and a higher end earphone for sound over the bassos. However that doesn't mean you will enjoy the bassos to a lesser degree.. I would go with the bassos or if your worried about the driver flex issue many guys are experiencing. Try out the NuForce NE-700M. http://www.head-fi.org/t/672193/nuforce-review-ne-700m-ne-650m#post_9611289

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #671 of 6,090
Quote:
I have my S2s in my ears as I type. They are too awesome sounding to my ears. This being said if you want a smooth balanced non fatiguing sound with excellent bass response go for the bassos or even the NE-700M which I did a review of last night. The sound is very similar to the bassos with better treble extension. The S2 is less colored sound wise meaning they are more technically accurate and a higher end earphone for sound over the bassos. However that doesn't mean you will enjoy the bassos to a lesser degree.. I would go with the bassos or if your worried about the driver flex issue many guys are experiencing. Try out the NuForce NE-700M. http://www.head-fi.org/t/672193/nuforce-review-ne-700m-ne-650m#post_9611289

I was thinking about the S1's which are same sounding but cheaper made versions of the S2s according to reviews.
I prefer more fun then smooth but do like good instrument separation and detail. 

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #672 of 6,090
The Fidelio earphones are excellent I would give them a go. I really don't think your gonna do wrong with any of the phones your looking at..Bigger bass with good detail or greater detail with lesser bass but excellent quality in the S2s. The S2 was reported to have a slight increase in bass from the S1. I think if the S2 had lesser bass I wouldn't be enjoying them as much as I do now. The sub bass response and extension is excellent but the bassos specialize in the bass region. Great impact and a strong sub bass. The Fidelios are a bit brighter in tone because of the the excellent extension in the highs. The Bassos are warmer sounding because the kinda lack that extension. so Basso= More bass great mids good easy to listen highs. Fidelios=Great extension in the highs clean clear mids, great extension in the bass..Both have excellent stage.

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #673 of 6,090
Quote:
The Fidelio earphones are excellent I would give them a go. I really don't think your gonna do wrong with any of the phones your looking at..Bigger bass with good detail or greater detail with lesser bass but excellent quality in the S2s. The S2 was reported to have a slight increase in bass from the S1. I think if the S2 had lesser bass I wouldn't be enjoying them as much as I do now. The sub bass response and extension is excellent but the bassos specialize in the bass region. Great impact and a strong sub bass. The Fidelios are a bit brighter in tone because of the the excellent extension in the highs. The Bassos are warmer sounding because the kinda lack that extension. so Basso= More bass great mids good easy to listen highs. Fidelios=Great extension in the highs clean clear mids, great extension in the bass..Both have excellent stage.

Thanks
I will have a listen to my Basso when they arrive, if they are lacking compared to my GR06s then I will sell em off and probs get CKS99s.

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #674 of 6,090
I just wanted to mention again that many people really love the R1/Mee M6 double flanged tips with the Bassos.

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #675 of 6,090
Thanks
I will have a listen to my Basso when they arrive, if they are lacking compared to my GR06s then I will sell em off and probs get CKS99s.

I've heard the CKS1000 recently at my local store. After having heard the Basso personally, I now understand why some members here says they sound a lot alike. Can't really agree with the Basso OOTB but after overnight burning it is now agreeably so. I have also heard the CKS99 and IMO, the Basso can stand shoulder to shoulder with the 99. Dsnuts have mentioned to me when I was in your position that I might like the a Basso enough that I might give the CKS1000 pass and it really looks like he's right about it. About the Philips, give them a go if you can and I'm very sure it will be a great compliment to the Basso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back