Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Feb 20, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #5,731 of 6,090
Welp, ordered the BX500 just because it was cheapest and available, The few comments I could find (and google translate of some kakaku reviews) described it as midsy and smooth with rolled off treble and bass which is pretty much what I'm hoping for, non-fatiguing low volume podcast listening in noisy areas. Hope it works :D (did see the ety Safety which has built in volume restriction like the etyKids, might have to try at some point too)

Ooh post your impressions when they arrive mate.

Feb 24, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #5,733 of 6,090
Im about to purchase my first set of tenores, my previous bassos did me well and i know the community seems to be more in favor if the tenores. Let the 2-3 week shipping wait BEGIN :D :eek:

May wanna take a look at

Easy New Original LZ Z03A Hifi Stereo Dynamic In-ear Earbuds Heave Bass Noise Cancelling Earphones Headphones with Microphone
http://s.aliexpress.com/63MvYfAR
(from AliExpress Android)

Feb 25, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #5,735 of 6,090
  Yeah looking at Grayson's sig, he has the Singolo a few spots below the Tenore. I do remember people saying one of the 3 higher ups was actually not that big of an upgrade over the Tenore, maybe even downgrade

I prefer the Tenore to Singolo because the Singolo is a single BA and lacks the dynamic bass that is required for pop music.  For other genres, people may like Singolo more.

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #5,736 of 6,090
Faith audio (Or whoever the name is for the lz a2 creator) seems to be introducing multiple models right now

Yeah thats why I am a bit confused whether to buy the Z03a or not. They might release another IEM in the next month haha 
tongue.gif

Mar 3, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #5,737 of 6,090
BX500 is nice so far- very sensitive- picks up hiss more than my 2000J
ph34r.gif
- defninitely a midsybut not particularly colored signature, with recessed (volume-wise) but smooth and decently extended treble and bass that thumps more than I expected (not that expectations were high). A very 'clean' sound which might be anticipated from a single BA design- Suffers with music that can sound congested in the uppermid/treble range like noisy rock with a lot of guitar distortion or really dense sections in classical- rather decent with pop/acoustics if you like your vocals forward, as well as electronic stuff so far.

For my intended purpose of podcast listening at low volumes while retaining vocal intelligibility, I think it fits the bill nicely (though the housing is larger than I would prefer, bigger than Tenore IIRC), and is also quite decent for most music if not the most engaging sound. It's been a while since I had them, but from memory I think Tenores rate some level above BX500 in most categories while also being more affordable, so BX500 is probably more of a niche signature option than a secret budget-king. Definitely good enough to make me want to try all the other ZA models.

Mar 3, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #5,738 of 6,090
Just received the tenore from Japan!!
Unbelievable sound!!
The sound is so smooth and the vocal is right in front of you!
its quite good when listening classical music no matter a recital or a symphony
The full sound of the tenore made my ER4b & PFE111 sounds so thin.
it might not be as analytical as the ER4&PFE but it's still a more comfortable sound with excellent details
I admit the timbre of tenore is similar to the HD600 but the treble is more extended and more thickness on my HD600

Mar 4, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #5,739 of 6,090
Unbelievable sound!!
it might not be as analytical as the ER4&PFE but it's still a more comfortable sound with excellent details
I admit the timbre of tenore is similar to the HD600 but the treble is more extended and more thickness on my HD600

Congrats mate, the Tenore are so so smooth. Kinda miss my pair tbh, rip smooth sound lol

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #5,742 of 6,090
Anyone feels like their tenore's bass goes away with age?

I've had mine for over a year now and I feel like there isn't as much bass as before. A while back I've removed the mesh filter because they got clogged and I've stuffed some cotton down the nozzle. This did not affect the bass as I far as I can remember. The mids and highs are just as smooth as they were though. 

I'm a little disappointed right now and I want to buy a new pair but my current ones are just fine except for the bass.

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #5,743 of 6,090
Unbelievable sound!!

Yup, the beauty of warm, smooth sound. Single BAs are always great at resolution but take a big hit at sounding fuller. You would love Monks if you are digging this sound signature, just saying.

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #5,744 of 6,090
  Anyone feels like their tenore's bass goes away with age?

I've had mine for over a year now and I feel like there isn't as much bass as before. A while back I've removed the mesh filter because they got clogged and I've stuffed some cotton down the nozzle. This did not affect the bass as I far as I can remember. The mids and highs are just as smooth as they were though. 

I'm a little disappointed right now and I want to buy a new pair but my current ones are just fine except for the bass.

Yeah I love mine, something about their tonality and smoothness. Though, I probably wouldn't buy another pair. better IEMs for the same price or even cheaper

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #5,745 of 6,090
Got myself a Final Audio Design Heaven II, and it sounded so different from Tenore. Heaven II sounded much brighter and warmer, but totally lack of bass while Tenore, albeit not as much bright and crisp like Heaven II, do have punch is the bass section.
Im yet to test my Tenore with my newly bought Fiio Q1+Fiio M3.... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back