Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Dec 31, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #811 of 1,068
Realistically, what do the PK1s compare to? I met a guy in Panera Bread who said they're the best headphones he's ever heard. He was listening to Shure SE530s before I started talking to him, and he claimed to have many open-back headphones. couldn't believe it. He let me listen to them without the foam sleeves( just because he didn't have them on him), and I admit they were impressive, but... not "best headphones ever" :p

Dec 31, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #812 of 1,068
The PK1 is the STANDARD in which I measure others. I own Ortofon e-q7, UE pro 10, Etymotic ER4P, 6i, Sleek Audio SA6... among others in my collection.

Dec 31, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #813 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by bik2101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG is all I can say.. Just got the PK1 and PK2.. trying to decide which to keep.. the pk1 at first listening is a much more full sound compared to the PK2, unamped, and more so amped. i will give them both some burn in and take another listen.. but wow - they sound almost as good as my 580s.. the PK1 especially.. i am definitely leaning towards keeping the pk1 on first listen even if i go unamped from my ipod classic. let's see if burn-in changes anything.

Please let us know how much difference you find in the amped and unamped PK1 and whether you still recommend it unamped with your Classic.

Dec 31, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #814 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by vhbaske /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PK1 is the STANDARD in which I measure others. I own Ortofon e-q7, UE pro 10, Etymotic ER4P, 6i, Sleek Audio SA6... among others in my collection.

You have an Ety 4p and the PK1 is your standard?.....That is high praise indeed!

I am not nearly as impressed with the PK2 (unamped.)....I'd call it good sound but by no means great. I'm not sure I would pay that much for it again.

I use it primarily on my portable Sony AM/FM and for backup use on my Classic.

Jan 1, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #815 of 1,068
I don't have a very special amp, just a Cmoy with an OPA 2132 or something....but I don't find any need to amp these earbuds. As far as volume, my iPod Nano Gen3 can get them far past comfortable volumes.

Either way, they sound incredible. Maybe I don't have an ear for the amped sound.

Jan 2, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #818 of 1,068
I prefer earbuds vs IEMs due to greater comfort and lack of isolation. The PK1 is still king of the earbuds (barring perhaps the OK1). If a PK0 or any other earbud significantly better than the PK1 were released, only then I might sell the PK1.

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #819 of 1,068
good day to all PK1/2 users, im really interested on this buds coz i found it
sounds so great according to previous posts and online reviews.
but i heard that the build quality is not that good, in your experiences is it true?

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #820 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by heishiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good day to all PK1/2 users, im really interested on this buds coz i found it
sounds so great according to previous posts and online reviews.
but i heard that the build quality is not that good, in your experiences is it true?

i have them for a year or so and no problems, but cable is a little thin and soft so you have to take care of it

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #821 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrazmar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how is the PK1 with the Amp3? anybody? Thanks.

Pk 1 and AMP3 is perfect pairing for AMP3 has a powerful built in individual Class A amp.

By the way, the stock earbud named PAA-1 of AMP3 is very very similiar to PK1 sound signature, I would like to say, they are the same league.

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #822 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by prone2phone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have them for a year or so and no problems, but cable is a little thin and soft so you have to take care of it

thanks for the tip
smile.gif
im glad yours still working for a year
some feedbacks i read just 3-6 months one of the drivers stop working
and some issues on the jack

Jan 10, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #824 of 1,068
got mine ^__^

yuin.jpg

great SQ coming from the box!

Jan 11, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #825 of 1,068
heh, I just got mine on Saturday. With about 24 hours of burn in with pink noise and just listening to them, I'm liking them a lot. Out of the box I already was surprised by the separation and positioning of music sources. The bass has gotten a little punchier since I last listened to it, but it may be because I'm using a 2Move right now rather than the D10 I use at home. There is also a brightness in the treble that I was worried might become fatiguing, but I haven't had a real problem so far. I'm waiting until there's some more burn-in on the PK1 before I do some comparisons for myself with my PK3. Being harder to drive, the volume knob is far higher with the PK1, but I'm also so far finding the PK1's more distracting while I'm using them at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back