Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Sep 20, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #661 of 1,068
If anybody's using PK1 as a portable phone, I highly recommend matching it with FiiO. It's small and best of all, it has a very good synergy with PK1. It's like match made in heaven. I couldn't be happier with my PK1 and FiiO combo.

Sep 20, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #662 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another very happy owner of a pair of PK1. I got mine from Fang via HiFlight. They have about 350 hours of burn in with me, so they should be fully burnt in. IMO they sound superb for a bud and great for any kind of portable unit.

I can't believe an "old timer" like you went this long without jumping on the PK1.....

Sep 21, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #664 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe an "old timer" like you went this long without jumping on the PK1.....

I feel so ashame!
redface.gif
Actually it took me over 3 listening sessions over 3 months to decide between the OK1 and the PK1. I am still not sure I made the right decission.
redface.gif
They are both so good! I may have to order an OK1.
icon10.gif

Oct 9, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #665 of 1,068
Does someone have experience with a/b-ing unamped PK1 between iAudio U5 and iAudio D2? (I have a fancy for U5 because of its small size) Or would you recommend something else besides Cowons? The new sony 63x series? How do the Sonys handle PK1-s anyway?

Oct 10, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #667 of 1,068
Next time I visit Hong Kong I'll be sure to pick up a pair of PK2s. I was originally going to go PK3 then PK1 but there seems to be quite a big gap between the PK1 and PK2 and I'm still not looking towards buying an amp.

At just under $50 those PK2 seem to be a steal so I'll make sure I'll buy them.

Oct 19, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #669 of 1,068
My PK2's are on the way. I walking around at a festival today and the crappy iPod buds sounded like total garbage when I played The Hand That Feeds by NIN. I have PX100's, but I often wear a hat, like I will at the Airshow in Atlanta tomorrow. How do they compare to Grado 80's?
I guess I could have gotten a pair of PK1's since I have a Little Dot Micro+ but, less to carry.

Oct 27, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #670 of 1,068
i was just at a head fi meet and listened to a lot of headphones from $100-$1000 from macpros, ipods with all the portable amps and wouldn't swap any of them for my 1st gen suffle/3g nano and pk2 or pk3 for that matter!

i was suprised. the amps didn't improve the sound on my pk2 either, made it worse. bigger but with bloated bass and distortion.
i'm hoping to get the pk1 with amp soon.
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 7:00 AM Post #673 of 1,068
Just got my PK2's. AWESOME!!! Sound is as good as my Grado 80s, they stay in my ear and the rubber coating is cool as well as the storage box.

Nov 19, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #674 of 1,068
Wow, these PK1's sound amazing. Before burning them in I used them a bit with my Zune and they sounded better than my PK3's, then I used them with my computer, and they sounded a bit static-y. I thought maybe I just had to burn them in more, but after a while I figured out what was wrong. While using my Grados I had messed with the EQ on the computer a bit, and apparently the PK1's didn't like those settings. I turned off the EQ and OMG these sound amazing, not static-y at all.

It sounds like full size cans are in my ears. They're not even fully burned in yet, maybe 12 hours of burning in time so far, but already I'd say they're *gasp* better than my SR60's. edit: and this it them UNamped, I can't wait till I get an amp. XD

Yuin FTW! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back