Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Jan 6, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #677 of 1,068
Noob here - first post.

I wanted to say that I've joined the PK club & within 15 minutes of listening to the PK2s, I sent them back for an upgrade to the PK1s! The fact that I could hear the squeak of John Bonham's pedal on "Since I've Been Loving You" was what won me over. Maybe that's not a big deal to anyone or maybe other people have noticed that on other headphones/IEMs, but I've never noticed that before in any of the headphones/IEMs that I've used. That probably doesn't say much about my selection of headphones/IEMs, but I'm glad I found this thread & Yuin! I can't wait to pair the PK1s with my Fiio E5 & the D2 Boa I just bought from another Head-fi'er!

I bought UE SF5 pros a year ago, but I never really took to them. I find IEMs too uncomfortable. I want to sell them, but I have to wait until I've been a member for 30 days & have 50 posts.

Anyway, Yuin FTW!

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #678 of 1,068
Has yuin discontinued PK1?

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #679 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has yuin discontinued PK1?

I was able to buy a pair from Head-Direct a month ago. Came straight from China though.

Jan 7, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #680 of 1,068
From what I've read in other threads, they're not discontinued. I ordered mine from Headroom along w/ some full-sized headphones.

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #683 of 1,068
I was home sick yesterday, & FedEx was kind enough to surprise me by dropping off my PK1s. I spent hours listening. Nothing like a hot cup of coffee & great tunes to make you feel better!

They're great out of the box w/ my Clip & E5. I can't wait til I'm done burning them in.

Geez... it didn't take long for upgraditis to take hold. Gotta love it!

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #685 of 1,068
PK1 requires and amp to reach max potential SQ-wise, the PK2 does not. On balance the PK1 is the better bud (duh), but the amp is needed.

Seems the PKs are experiencing a second coming. That's good, because they are great phones, and while the OK3s I owned were nice, their rounder shape hurt my ears. The PKs don't. I just have to get my pair of PK3s back from our nephew.

Jan 17, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #686 of 1,068
I'm loving PK2s I got. OK1 should be coming, and if it doesn't sound as good (or the fit sucks) as I'm hoping I'm probably gonna swap over to PK1s
biggrin.gif

Isolation is actually better than I was expecting. Better than KSC75s anyways.

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #687 of 1,068
Would I be able to run a PK1 on my Sony? I see that tstarn said that PK1 needs to be amped in order to reach max potential, but will it be able to sound pretty good unamped for me?

Jan 17, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #688 of 1,068
You can use it with your Sony unamped, but for the money, you'd be better off using the PK2 or even PK3 (my favorite) with no amp. Some folks have said the PK1s are fine ampless, but an amp really brings out their best qualities. Just my two cents. Also, the PK1s are a little harder to drive without an amp, so volume could be an issue.

Jan 17, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #690 of 1,068
PK1 is a league above PK2.

when i first heard PK1 i couldnt believe an earphone can sound so big.

if they improve their product design and do some cool packaging ..they could have a bigger market share

Users who are viewing this thread

Back