Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Dec 14, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #421 of 1,068
well i tried PK1 with Hornet, not Tomahawk and they have good synergy, soundstage gets wider, nice separation, smooth highs, and deep bass

Dec 14, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #422 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have PK1's coming, does anyone know how well they pair up with a RSA Tomahawk?

I'm glad I got mine at the price I did, since the Yuin prices have all increased!

Same here, glad I got it before the price jacked up.

Been 2 weeks now and no sign of my PK2's. Ridiculous.

Dec 17, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #425 of 1,068
Brandon Manitoba... the USPS tracking was useless. Good Luck They're definitely worth waiting for.
biggrin.gif
But I understand your frustation.

Dec 17, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #427 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brandon Manitoba... the USPS tracking was useless. Good Luck They're definitely worth waiting for.
biggrin.gif
But I understand your frustation.

Man, I even live closer to Head-Direct than you do, this is seriously frustrating me. Not to be a bitch or anything, but this is just ridiculous, I've had two of my shipments already missing this month. USPS ****ing sucks.

Ahhhh today will be the 11th day, hopefully it comes!

Dec 17, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #428 of 1,068
Fang at Head-Direct was great. Mailed the same day but the USPS takes awhile...I thought maybe customs would get involved and hold up the delivery but thankfully the pkg came direct to the house. Not sure why they even have tracking....the parcels always arrive before it shows they've even been picked up. I guess if they got lost it might be useful. Hope today is your lucky day
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #429 of 1,068
Haha thanks. I spoke with Fang and he says they will refund International customers after 4 weeks if nothing arrives. So far, I'm hoping this isn't the case.

No news of the item today either... damn, I really want to listen to these!

Dec 18, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #430 of 1,068
Using my just received PK1 with minibox-E+ with ipod nano via dock cable... then I switched in Grado RS-1....

I love my Grado RS-1.. but I wish PK1 cost as much as Grado RS-1
... did you get my point? T_T DID YOU? TT__TT

Dec 18, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #432 of 1,068
well.. Grado RS-1 still sounds better but its got plenty of burn-in already. PK1 sounds very similar to it in pre-burn-in condition except PK1's sound needs to be ... "opened" up.. it feels like there is a thin layer of paper between the sound and my ear.

PK1 is cheap (ok.. compare to a $700 headphone), simple design, (not IEM which is a plus for me.. I don't like closed/IEM ear/head-phone.) easily on and off (no clip, no IEM to push in firmly, no cable to hang over ear, nothing to hang on top of your head/hair with hair wax...) and most important of all.. it sounds good.. I only have Grado RS-1 and PK1 and an ipod stock earphone. So I can only compare it to RS-1.. and PK1 is not bad.. not bad at all.. being pre-burn-in comparing to a burn-in RS-1

Dec 18, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #433 of 1,068
yep PK1 can hold ground with my RS2, they are that good
with amplification of course
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back