Yuin PK1-PK2 impressions thread
Dec 8, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #391 of 1,068
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PK2 was the biggest disapointment of my life.

I don't see how its listenable, with the lack of bass.

Well, with those cans in your sig I know why you think PK2 lacks bass.

Dec 8, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #392 of 1,068
Hmm

I gotta keep an eye out for a cheap PK1, I hope someone wants to trade
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #396 of 1,068
nice, i thought pk1s we're supposed to be amped to be put to its best use?

im gon keep my eyes out for a pk1, see if anyone wants to do a loaner for me
biggrin.gif
- these wud go awesome with my tomahawk *droolz*

Dec 8, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #397 of 1,068
yes, PK1 actually sounds better when amped, but the difference is not night and day, but they become more refined overall

dunno if tomahawk can drive them loud enough, but i'm using them at Hornet and iBasso D1 ( that i loaned
biggrin.gif
) and they do fine

Dec 8, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #399 of 1,068
how much is superfi5? i'm kinda waiting for Yuin IEM's bet it'll be as fantastic as the earphone model

Dec 8, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #403 of 1,068
OK, I'm intrigued by these. I have read from enough experienced folks here that these give really good sound to have overcome my initial skepticism that earbuds can be taken seriously. And I actually really like earbuds for portable use. They're just so ... portable!
biggrin.gif
I have had the AKG K14p earbuds for a while, and I like them -- they're definitely improvement over oem buds -- but they certainly don't compare to any of my other cans at all. It certainly sounds like the yuins would be a step up.

So here's my question: Should I get the PK1 or the PK2?
confused.gif
cool.gif

The price of used PK1s seems to be within range, but I wouldn't spend the difference on earbuds unless I had some confidence it would be worth it. My main concern is how they sound unamped. I have read different things about the PK1s -- everyone agrees they improve when amped, but some seem to suggest the improvement is fairly minor, while others say it's substantial. I would usually use them unamped (portability and all), but I do occasionally use a Portaphile V2 amp (it's quite good!) when I'm going to be in one place for a while away from my desktop system, so if the PK1s sound as good as or better than the PK2s when unamped, and they open up even more when used with an amp, then I might spring for them.

So I wonder about the comparison of the two models unamped. Has anyone tried both? What do you say?

Dec 8, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #404 of 1,068
I can give you my opinion of the PK2's unamped on my iPod nano when it arrives. Hopefully it lives up to the hype, otherwise these are going straight to the BST once I rack up 50 posts.

Dec 9, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #405 of 1,068
i've owned PK2 before upgrading to PK1, PK2 is very good actually, they gain very little when amped, but when i tried PK1 amped i'm in awe, never i tried earphone that sounded amazing and full like this,
and in instant i'm upgrading to PK1
smily_headphones1.gif

btw PK1 unamped sounds better than PK2, they have more balanced sound than PK2 that put emphasis on the mids, and a little lean on the low

Users who are viewing this thread

Back