YouTubers are spying on me
Nov 27, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #16 of 54

Quote:
This past month, head-fi has had many amusing threads. 
beerchug.gif

For sure. Everything from EMF to Barney Grados to this thread, and everything in between.

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #18 of 54
Someone can't spy on you via Youtube.  If they are annoyed by your singing, it's because you are singing loud enough that they can hear it through the walls.  If they were spying on you and they thought your voice was annoying, they'd stop spying on you! Why would they want to listen deliberately to someone who annoys them?

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #19 of 54
Just thought I would try a different angle on this...

Are you singing to music with headphones on? You'll be surprised how loud you are actually singing compared to how loud you think you're singing. It's just like when you let a friend try your headphones on with the music loud, and s/he comments really loud unintentionally because they can't hear themselves over the music.

Regardless of how they're hearing you though; they can hear you. Hate to say it; but you might just need to keep the singing to a different environment like in the car.
frown.gif

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #20 of 54

Quote:
I wish people here would be more respectful. 

Have you tried contacting the FBI?...

Sage advice + unicorn avatar is killing me. Can't..... breathe... lol!

@ OP: Could you upload a sample of your singing? It'll help us put things in perspective and allow us to assess the level of threat you may be exposed to.

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #24 of 54

I'd never connect to a network again with that pc. If someone is smart enough to get onto googles servers, then use youtube to convert your monitor into a camera, they can probably blow up your pc. 

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #25 of 54
I believe we may have sent the OP away for good. Can't have anything nice, can we? Always gotta break it. 
wink.gif

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #26 of 54
suggesting OP is a paranoid schizophrenic - or just with schizophrenic tendencies is a little offensive, no?

OP... test like UE says... if it really bothers them this much, they should be welcome.

Also, you have to look at your logic.  You seem to be falling for some cognitive issues. Why would both sets of neighbors be interested in spying on you? Makes no sense. The odds of them both being youtube hackers, and spying on your is very, very low... even IF the first pair did.

you would be surprised how loud music can be depending on your environment. If my windows are open, and the door to the basement is closed (where my drum kit is) my neighbors can usually hear it to a degree. Either walking past my house or gardening on a quiet day. This stuff carries a long way, especially in quiet environments, so they probably are right. Obviously my drum kit is louder than your singing, but you get the picture.

You should try and be respectful, ask them times that would best suit them for you to practice, as you have a right to practice. But try and accommodate them. Also, ask them to test. If they are rational, this should be seen as a generous effort on your part and be more than willing to help.

If this type of thinking/sensations manifest often in your life and in various ways, then yes it is an issue worth persueing medically... but if it is an isolated event then I would not worry. You are especially at risk if you are a young adult, and even more so if someone else in your family has this illness, just FYI. IF you are getting close to middle age (~35+) the chance you are developing this disease is extremely low.Not saying you do... just seems like you are a little freaked out.

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #27 of 54
There's no way to make a medical diagnosis over the Internets.

However, if the thought of your neighbors listening in or spying on you causes you a lot of trouble and makes your life difficult, do something about it. Posting on a message board isn't going to make your life better.

I do think you should talk to a doctor about this. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, find a social worker. They will be available through a local hospital or your county. If you have someone you trust, like a parent, family member or friend, tell them about this and ask them to come along.

I don't work in family law and criminal any more, but I used to. Whenever I saw situations like this I'd take clients to talk with some social workers I knew and also had a terrific psychologist I sent people to. The good news is that there are ways to feel better and people will help you. You don't have to be afraid - this can be fixed. Then you won't have to worry and will be able to enjoy your life. Things can get better, but you're going to have to find a doctor or social worker and trust them. That can be scary at first, but think about how happy you would be if you did not have to worry about your neighbors.

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #28 of 54
This person again?!  I thought he a was troll last time and didn't take him seriously

I'm not spying on anyone but one of my neighbors upstairs plays the violin, poorly on the weekends.  I can hear the music in the living room as it leaks through their apartment through the stairway.  Yay for acoustics.

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #30 of 54
Human ear is usually very sensitive, and there isn't such walls in common houses that block unwanted noise.
Even i can't sleep if my Philips AZ1155 (mp3 boombox max 2x3 W rms) http://www.novomilenio.inf.br/ano02/0203c010b.jpg
is playing at the lowest volume level on my apartment's another room behind closed door (it has large turnable volume tuner but with steps, and next step is total silence)

And i'm on 1'st floor, on 3'rd floor someone plays piano, everything is more than audible,
or if neighbors have sex or baby is crying and so on and so on.

If u want to make noise then u need to live in unused abandoned work complex or house u own.
For example like MacGruber did (where he played saxophone in the start of the movie).

And 1 thing more, my neighbors satellite dish mirrored video and audio to my house old style analog antenna,
but not anymore, it was years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back