Your first eargasm...
Oct 7, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #47 of 56

hehe - another set of multiples with my SR225i grados and shostakovich no.5
plan on getting a C&C amp this afternoon, so i'm looking at a very exhausting afternoon for the ears later... :wink:

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #48 of 56
i've had several mini eargasms throughout my life, followed by more real eargasms

the first was when i got some klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers, this was then followed by bose on-ear headphones (i still was not an audiophile, i simply believe better sound quality existed and was moving away from ibuds/stock speakers you get when you buy a computer or you purchase small cheapos with no sub and whatnot)...

then came the biggie...my sennheiser hd 650s... it was amazing, like a super mega eargasm.

i will get another when my WA6SE arrives tomorrow :)

Oct 7, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #49 of 56
Epica-Chasing The Dragon Grado RS2....so sweet, so smokey.

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #50 of 56
My first real headphone eargasm was at the first head-fi meet I attended.  I was listening to "Diablo Rojo" by Rodrigo y Gabriela on a Grado GS1000 and a Red Wine Audio amp.  The Grados do the acoustic guitar sound so nice.  The GS1000 has so much headstage space.  In the middle of the song they drum around the body of the guitars with their hands.  The drumming was swirling around my head in that big spacious headstage space.  And I was going "Wow! I didn't know headphones could do this".  My first eargasm was at a head-fi meet.  How embarrassing.
redface.gif

Oct 7, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #51 of 56
Listening to Sword Chant By Ensiferum on shure srh750djs. Had a sense of awe going through my mind which quickly died.

Dec 6, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #52 of 56
my first eargasm was at 13,first rock song,the kids arent all right by offspring,ok i know anything special,but at that age ,****ty music on radio and on mtv were not a good choise,that fifth track from americana told me i was going to feed my veins with rock,metal overall,and many other good genres well played with no commercial-selling-first objective...
then came pink floyd,bob dylan,slayer and thousand more.

btw: im not English language native,so the more i understood the meaning of the lyrics from my favourite artist/bands the more i appreciate,even there is no relation between lyrics/instrumental-sound quality...

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #53 of 56
Mine came when getting my hands on some cans that an audiophile friend of mine owned before I ever had the money to have some of my own. I don't remember the exact headphone, but Clint Mansell and the Kronos Quartet's Requiem for a Dream (from the movie titled the same) blew my mind.

Dec 7, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #55 of 56
Not sure about the first, but one I remember well was Vivaldi's The Four Seasons (the Karajan/Mutter version) on the AKG K 501.

That 'gasm was damped somewhat by the fact that I couldn't take the volume as high as I wanted, due to the massive sound leakage on those phones.

501 + anything classical = 'gasm.

Dec 8, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #56 of 56

Quote:
Darn it WhiteCrow.  Going after my first real pair of headphones soon and haven't heard the Grados yet.  I love that song.  Stop making things more difficult! :)

Get the 325is, your ears will wax buckets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back