You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #5,866 of 6,356
Quote:

The trouble with hipsters is that the quality of the mainstream content is immaterial. If it were excellent, they would still reject it. What's important is the rejection, not any inherent quality of judgment on their part. And, if at any time something they like becomes popular, they categorically cease to like it, which to me is foolish. You can get tired of something, certainly, but what other people feel about it should have no bearing whatsoever on your enjoyment.

So if people all of a sudden begin worshiping Gabriel-era Genesis and start playing it at clubs (imagine!), I won't suddenly take up Starcastle (an obscure American group "heavily influenced," shall we say, by Yes).

That's true. I listen to a couple mildly obscure bands occasionally, but I am certainly not a hipster-I listen to whatever I like. I find that often, it seems like popular artists get too confident. Too big to fail is too big. You should have to keep working hard to make the best music you can-artists who ride on their fame annoy me, they just get lazy sometimes.

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #5,868 of 6,356
does it mean I am not audiophile if I have never seen or heard of Gangnam style? 
blink.gif

Had to google it, LOL, whatever.
deadhorse.gif

And yes, I have been living under a rock for a long time, I guess.

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #5,869 of 6,356
Quote:
does it mean I am not audiophile if I have never seen or heard of Gangnam style? 
blink.gif

Had to google it, LOL, whatever.
deadhorse.gif

Amd yes, I have been living under a rock for a long time, I guess.

Thats a good thing.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #5,872 of 6,356
Quote:
Haha, yes. Its very overplayed.

That's strange. I (along with millions of other people) think that Psy is the greatest artist and poet that ever lived in the past 100 years, far outweighing the works of individuals such as Johnny Cash, John Lennon or David Bowie. His incisive and inspiring words tackle the materialism and the social issues in modern Korea. He's a symbol for the poor and the oppressed, as were Gandhi and Mandela in their times.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #5,873 of 6,356
Quote:
While on the topic of hipsters, I can honestly see where they're coming from. A lot of the mainstream is absolutely horrid. Music is one of the worst offenders in this case.

Doesn't mean it all is, of course.

The problem with hipsters is they got the LCD-2 kicked out of Summit-Fi 
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #5,874 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
Haha, yes. Its very overplayed.

That's strange. I (along with millions of other people) think that Psy is the greatest artist and poet that ever lived in the past 100 years, far outweighing the works of individuals such as Johnny Cash, John Lennon or David Bowie. His incisive and inspiring words tackle the materialism and the social issues in modern Korea. He's a symbol for the poor and the oppressed, as were Gandhi and Mandela in their times.

That is your own opinion, I respect it
size]

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #5,875 of 6,356

Beautifully worded and insightful observation, Psy is a God of our time. Bravo.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #5,877 of 6,356
When you're watching Pitch Perfect and Anna Kendrick is suddenly 10X hotter with the 7506s on

Hehe...the wife made me watch that...the headphones were the only thing worth seeing in that movie...that, and the barf-scene.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #5,878 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
When you're watching Pitch Perfect and Anna Kendrick is suddenly 10X hotter with the 7506s on

Hehe...the wife made me watch that...the headphones were the only thing worth seeing in that movie...that, and the barf-scene.

She was wearing DT770's right? I saw that at home with my parents and yelled out," I know those! DT770! I have DT880's!"
size]

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #5,879 of 6,356
She was wearing DT770's right? I saw that at home with my parents and yelled out," I know those! DT770! I have DT880's!"
size]

I think so :)...Sadly that was about it for the whole movie as well...some Sonys and some Beyers...

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #5,880 of 6,356
You know you are an audiophile when you completely abandon your cheap pair of earphone for an exensive pair of headphone.
You know you are an audiophile when you spend days cleaning up your digital music collection, thrashing away all the 64/128kbps songs with rubbish SQ you used to listen to and replace them with 320kbps/FLAC format.

You know you are an audiophile (and doomed) when you have the constant craving of upgrading your pair of ATH-M50s despite just owning it for a month XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back