You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #5,836 of 6,356
Quote:
On an unrelated note, I found the sweetspot for my speakers, and I'm trying to figure out how to live in this spot for te rest of my life

...that's related.

blink.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #5,837 of 6,356
I meant unrelated to the post about Gangnam

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #5,838 of 6,356
Also, when a cute girl recommends a song to you, and you just KNOW its gonna be mainstream garbage, you tell her some excuse as to why you can't listen to it at the moment.

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #5,839 of 6,356
Quote:
Also, when a cute girl recommends a song to you, and you just KNOW its gonna be mainstream garbage, you tell her some excuse as to why you can't listen to it at the moment.

Sigh... :shakes head:

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #5,840 of 6,356
Quote:

The hipsters walk among us...

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #5,841 of 6,356
Quote:

The hipsters walk among us...

You know how many hipsters it takes to screw in a lightbulb?

I'm not surprised you don't know, it's a super obscure number you've probably never heard of...

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #5,843 of 6,356
Quote:
You know how many hipsters it takes to screw in a lightbulb?

I'm not surprised you don't know, it's a super obscure number you've probably never heard of...

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, a hipster will buy the soundtrack.

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #5,844 of 6,356
Quote:
My one and only bass test is "Double Monk" by Igorrr. The intro to that song has so much bass that it'll turn your brain into goo with the right headphones.

Mine is Paradise Circus Gui Boratto Remix by Massive attack, liked it so much I dropped $70 and bought the special edition LP, I still haven't gotten around to transcribing it.....

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #5,845 of 6,356
Quote:

No you pretend to listen to it, secretly turning the volume down when you put the headphones on, then try to get her number, Now hot chicks, they can go screw themselves, but cuties are to be persued!

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #5,846 of 6,356
Quote:

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, a hipster will buy the soundtrack.

Why did the hipster burn his mouth?

Because he ate the pizza before it was cool...

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #5,847 of 6,356
Quote:
No you pretend to listen to it, secretly turning the volume down when you put the headphones on, then try to get her number, 

Well played... This is what I was talking about!

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #5,848 of 6,356
It was via text, and I was in the middle of rediscovering Pink Floyds The Division Bell...

I eventually realized my errors, and listened to it, pretended to like it, apologized for being a ******, and said some stuff like how I enjoyed the bass solo and the lyrics hit me.

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #5,849 of 6,356
Quote:
On an unrelated note, I found the sweetspot for my speakers, and I'm trying to figure out how to live in this spot for te rest of my life

Win the lottery, write a book, or [fill-in-the-blank-one-time-windfall]; set up a complex series of harnesses to make sure you can't ever move again, then hire somebody to do everything in the world for you. (Come to think of it, you might need to do the last two in the reverse order!).

In order to afford the inevitable instances where that person just lifts a chunk of your bux and takes off (since you can't do anything about it), that's why I suggest making lots of change up front. But as long as they change the music whenever you like and attend to your bodily needs, you need never leave that spot.

Or you can get speakers with a wider sweet spot. 
wink.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #5,850 of 6,356
Lol that too. Maybe when I have my own house and have more room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back