You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #5,806 of 6,356
Quote:
Well plenty of people listen to foreign music without knowing the language/culture. I listen to a lot of Chinese pop, both Mandarin and Cantonese, and I can't understand 95% of what they're saying, yet I still find it enjoyable to listen to.

As for modern pop music, yeah I guess from that standpoint Gangnam Style is a decent choice. Pop isn't my forte, but Gangnam Style seems like a good choice given other popular music nowadays....
triportsad.gif

this, I listen to a lot of japanese rock without the need to understand the lyrics, I guess so I can focus on the feeling of the music more

BTW, for everybody to know, PSY's label is pretty well known to bring american pop music styles and cycle it through korea as if its theirs, the beat of Gangnam style is no different to modern american pop

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #5,810 of 6,356
Quote:
What is that supposed to mean?

teens tend to be dead set on their opinions and views, after hearing something they really like, they don't wanna explore other things that are too unfamiliar or percieved as uncool by the majority of peers, I doubt as a 13 year old, he could have been exposed to a variety of genres and cultures to figure out what really sounds good for his ears

maybe I am wrong about this for him but this is the case for almost all communities of genres I am into when seeing younger fans

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #5,812 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
What is that supposed to mean?

teens tend to be dead set on their opinions and views, after hearing something they really like, they don't wanna explore other things that are too unfamiliar or percieved as uncool by the majority of peers, I doubt as a 13 year old, he could have been exposed to a variety of genres and cultures to figure out what really sounds good for his ears

maybe I am wrong about this for him but this is the case for almost all communities of genres I am into when seeing younger fans

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #5,813 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
Well plenty of people listen to foreign music without knowing the language/culture. I listen to a lot of Chinese pop, both Mandarin and Cantonese, and I can't understand 95% of what they're saying, yet I still find it enjoyable to listen to.

As for modern pop music, yeah I guess from that standpoint Gangnam Style is a decent choice. Pop isn't my forte, but Gangnam Style seems like a good choice given other popular music nowadays....
triportsad.gif

this, I listen to a lot of japanese rock without the need to understand the lyrics, I guess so I can focus on the feeling of the music more

BTW, for everybody to know, PSY's label is pretty well known to bring american pop music styles and cycle it through korea as if its theirs, the beat of Gangnam style is no different to modern american pop

Ah good 'ol J-rock. I have a few artists in my library as well (HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, Stereopony, Malice Mizer, GACKT, etc.).

I would really like to buy this band's albums, but I live in the USA and I have no idea where to look :frowning2:

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #5,814 of 6,356
Quote:
I don't like Psy, if you looked at my profile, you would've seen my music interests. My favorite bands are Radiohead, Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, James Blake, The XX, and Sufjan Stevens. Thanks, but I have explored, and found what I liked. If I was as you say, would I be on these forums with a Beyer DT880 and a O2/ODAC? 

you just proved my generalization of teenagers lol

I like Versailles, Galneryus, Mejibray, De La Soul, Anthem, AREA51, A Tribe Called Quest, The Gazette, SCANDAL, LuLu, Lareine, EPMD....as I will already know, you wont know these artists, listing the artist you like doesn't mean anything to me, its like you need to give me a reason to acknowledge you for your musical taste, truth is there really is no reason to, if the artists you list is what you like then that's cool

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #5,815 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
I don't like Psy, if you looked at my profile, you would've seen my music interests. My favorite bands are Radiohead, Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, James Blake, The XX, and Sufjan Stevens. Thanks, but I have explored, and found what I liked. If I was as you say, would I be on these forums with a Beyer DT880 and a O2/ODAC? 

you just proved my generalization of teenagers lol

I like Versailles, Galneryus, Mejibray, De La Soul, Anthem, AREA51, A Tribe Called Quest, The Gazette, SCANDAL, LuLu, Lareine, EPMD....as I will already know, you wont know these artists, listing the artist you like doesn't mean anything to me, its like you need to give me a reason to acknowledge you for your musical taste, truth is there really is no reason to, if the artists you list is what you like then that's cool

Ah, gotcha.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #5,817 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
Ah, gotcha. Then why did you make the accusations in the first place?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh snap!

Whilst editing that, I was thinking, " What if somebody got to it before I edited it!" Sadly, somebody did. I reread the posts, realized that was never the topic, and changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back