You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #5,852 of 6,356
When you audibly lol at people who are wearing very obvious fake beats.

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #5,853 of 6,356
Quote:
When you audibly lol at people who are wearing very obvious fake beats.

A true audiophile would nod in approvement... They can't possibly sound worse than the real thing...

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #5,854 of 6,356
No, it's worse than you think. They go around saying how incredible they sound, and that they're real. They put then in peoples heads who go "wow these are incredible!!!" I heard them and they sound like they took a bunch of ibud drivers and crammed them in shells.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #5,856 of 6,356
Quote:
 I heard them and they sound like they took a bunch of ibud drivers and crammed them in shells.

Like I said.... can't be worse than the real thing 
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #5,857 of 6,356
Quote:
When you're watching Pitch Perfect and Anna Kendrick is suddenly 10X hotter with the 7506s on

Slightly OT but funny....an actual tweet by Anna Kendrick yesterday.....

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #5,858 of 6,356
Quote:
Like I said.... can't be worse than the real thing 
biggrin.gif

but they ARE worse in absolute performance (by little or much it varies). they just have better value...
wink.gif

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #5,861 of 6,356
YKYAAW you feel the need to email Hi-fi World magazine pointing out errors in an article. The decided that the AK100 audio player had 32 megabytes of internal storage, upgradable to 96MB. enough storage for maybe 2 or 3 FLAC files :p

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #5,862 of 6,356
YKYAA when you find yourself idly evaluating the sound system in your campus La Pita. Tizzy and very little bass, but at least it's not harsh.

I also love the acronym now that I've typed it. Yuck-yaah is how I think you'd pronounce that.

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #5,863 of 6,356
While on the topic of hipsters, I can honestly see where they're coming from. A lot of the mainstream is absolutely horrid. Music is one of the worst offenders in this case.

Doesn't mean it all is, of course.

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #5,864 of 6,356
Quote:
While on the topic of hipsters, I can honestly see where they're coming from. A lot of the mainstream is absolutely horrid. Music is one of the worst offenders in this case.

The trouble with hipsters is that the quality of the mainstream content is immaterial. If it were excellent, they would still reject it. What's important is the rejection, not any inherent quality of judgment on their part. And, if at any time something they like becomes popular, they categorically cease to like it, which to me is foolish. You can get tired of something, certainly, but what other people feel about it should have no bearing whatsoever on your enjoyment.

So if people all of a sudden begin worshiping Gabriel-era Genesis and start playing it at clubs (imagine!), I won't suddenly take up Starcastle (an obscure American group "heavily influenced," shall we say, by Yes).

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #5,865 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:

The trouble with hipsters is that the quality of the mainstream content is immaterial. If it were excellent, they would still reject it. What's important is the rejection, not any inherent quality of judgment on their part. And, if at any time something they like becomes popular, they categorically cease to like it, which to me is foolish. You can get tired of something, certainly, but what other people feel about it should have no bearing whatsoever on your enjoyment.

So if people all of a sudden begin worshiping Gabriel-era Genesis and start playing it at clubs (imagine!), I won't suddenly take up Starcastle (an obscure American group "heavily influenced," shall we say, by Yes).

Exactly. It's like they have to have everything to themselves. If lots of others join in on something, it's dead to them. It's like refusing to have an orgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back