You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #3,633 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile whenever you saw an earphones/headphones/iems you don't recognize you approach that person and ask what the model is and how he/she thinks of the sounds.

When you see a case of Altoids and you think of an amplifier rather than fresh mints.

Oct 9, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #3,634 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile whenever you saw an earphones/headphones/iems you don't recognize you approach that person and ask what the model is and how he/she thinks of the sounds.

When you see a case of Altoids and you think of an amplifier rather than fresh mints.

When you never heard of Altoids and actually think it is an amplifier from the get go.

When you dont think twice about plucking down two hundred dollars or more for a pair of headphones then have to remind yourself how fortunate you are that you can.

Oct 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #3,635 of 6,356
Quote:

When you said 'man hole'... well, never mind.  I think you meant 'man cave'?

No I think hole suits that better <3, Audiophiles are a rare breed, all the caves are taken by the Sports nuts so we have them Holes xD Also very nice. I'm currently all portable but I'm using a Hifiman Hm 601 so I only carry Flacs xD
Quote:
You know you're and audiophile when you buy a thousand dollar pair of headphones and while you wait for them to arrive, you purchase a $200 pair of headphones to make the wait easier...

So true

You know your an audiophile when you buy a amp simply to test how it sounds compared to the one you already love! [JDS Labs cMoy BB 2.03 2x9V vs Fiio E11]

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #3,636 of 6,356
I know I'm both a softy and an audiophile when I sell a pair of AD900's to a Canadian at cost, simply because they are ridiculously expensive on the Canadian Amazon... Oh, and then I turned around and ordered another pair.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #3,637 of 6,356
Quote:
I know I'm both a softy and an audiophile when I sell a pair of AD900's to a Canadian at cost, simply because they are ridiculously expensive on the Canadian Amazon... Oh, and then I turned around and ordered another pair.

+1, yeaper that my friend is an Audiophile xD

You know your an audiophile when demoing a new Amp takes priority over that 12 page essay that's due in 6 hours <3

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #3,638 of 6,356
Quote:

You know your an audiophile when demoing a new Amp takes priority over that 12 page essay that's due in 6 hours <3

You know you are an audiophile when demoing new equipment takes priority over grading that stack of essays you should give back tomorrow 
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #3,639 of 6,356
you know you are an audiophile when you are too engrossed in listening till you suddenly see the sun rise from the horizon

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #3,640 of 6,356
Quote:

You know you are an audiophile when demoing new equipment takes priority over grading that stack of essays you should give back tomorrow 
wink.gif

If only professors were late sometimes... I guess we can only hope. I sometimes wonder if there are any older people who appreciate excellent sound. I've only ever met one, and he sold speakers from his house, where he had 6 rooms dedicated to about 8 setups.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #3,641 of 6,356
Quote:
you know you are an audiophile when you are too engrossed in listening till you suddenly see the sun rise from the horizon

You know your an aduiophile when instead of saving money to pay for Insurance and gas you opt to buy a better amp for your new cans... after already buying 2 <3

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #3,642 of 6,356
Quote:

I sometimes wonder if there are any older people who appreciate excellent sound. I've only ever met one, and he sold speakers from his house, where he had 6 rooms dedicated to about 8 setups.

Hint: it's not the 18-22 year old college crowd that is buying all the mid-fi and hi-fi home audio setups with passive speakers (as opposed to headphones). They can't afford it 
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #3,643 of 6,356
Quote:

Hint: it's not the 18-22 year old college crowd that is buying all the mid-fi and hi-fi home audio setups with passive speakers (as opposed to headphones). They can't afford it 
wink.gif

not so fast there 
wink.gif

i had about 3000 dollars worth of home audio equipment by the time i was 19.......(i sold it all eventually though)

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #3,644 of 6,356
Quote:
not so fast there 
wink.gif

i had about 3000 dollars worth of home audio equipment by the time i was 19.......(i sold it all eventually though)

And your point is? One day, everyone in college on head-fi will get out there, get a job, and have way more disposable income to buy nifty audio equipment 
biggrin.gif

Well, accept for those of you have to deal with the dark side: WAF. 
eek.gif
 :)evil laugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back