You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #3,091 of 6,356
Quote:
PSP Vita i believe uses a Wolfson DAC

the PSVita uses a good dac. The PSP uses a bottom of the barrel dac.

Also I usually just end up saying "it "cleans" the signal so to speak, it just clears up noise and interference from the electronics to the music"

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #3,092 of 6,356
Quote:
PSP Vita i believe uses a Wolfson DAC

Wait, what? The Vita has a good DAC?

Do you know what kind of Wolfson? My Vita gets better battery life than my iPhone, and it hasn't been getting much use as of late.

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #3,093 of 6,356
Quote:
It's a little man reading the digital data and yelling sounds out the port.

Sad to say, but that will probably make more sense to them than anything more accurate than that.

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #3,094 of 6,356
There's a thread on the forums in the Portable Source Gear section. It's been known since before the PS Vita came out.
Quote:

Wait, what? The Vita has a good DAC?

Do you know what kind of Wolfson? My Vita gets better battery life than my iPhone, and it hasn't been getting much use as of late.

EDOT:

When you respond to an OP that was only 2 lines with a full page and a half worth of information, with sources sited and impressions given, yet dont do the same when given an article and a prompt for school work.....

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #3,098 of 6,356
Quote:
When you take your brand-new Sennheiser HD 650's from their fancy box, connect your brand-new DAC to your PC, and connect your brand-new amp to your brand-new DAC ... all by instinct. Then, a few hours later, you can't figure out how to get the HD 650's back into their box. You have to watch a YouTube 'unboxing' video to discover they won't go in because you're doing it backwards.

Professional Audiophile on Closed Course. Do not attempt.

LOL

It's always soo easy to get new hp's out of their box ... but to get the buggers back in how they where
rolleyes.gif

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #3,099 of 6,356
When you watch the VMA's not for the awards or the performances, but to see which brand each artist is using for stage monitors.

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #3,101 of 6,356
Quote:
did anyone on facebook try to add me just to find where i work? they wanna know that bad?

Yeh that was me.. I'm a "headphone forum (but where do they work?) aholic"

sorry.

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #3,102 of 6,356
Quote:
did anyone on facebook try to add me just to find where i work? they wanna know that bad?

What?  That's a weird, stalkerish-much kind of move...  I'd totally ignore that kind of drama if it were me.

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #3,103 of 6,356
You know you are an audiophile when...

you have flagship cans but are still buying budget cans for whatever reason.

Thankfully not speaking from experience...yet.

Sep 7, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #3,105 of 6,356
Quote:
It's a little man reading the digital data and yelling sounds out the port.

And this little man is a surface mount chip and has a friend named Mr. Analog Stage.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back