You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #2,776 of 6,356
Quote:
...you're wearing a full-size, open headphone as you're walking down the street.

Well, I suppose this could mean you're also stupid, depending on the headphone and/or the area you're in...

i like to wear them when i go shopping in supermarkets but i do worry about them being looking too big on my tiny head lol 
leakage is not a problem since i test them by taking off my head and almost all the time i cannot hear it when held in front of me 

and no on ears and iem's are a nono for me they have bad soundstage and i dont have a good enough pair :frowning2:

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #2,778 of 6,356
Quote:
i like to wear them when i go shopping in supermarkets but i do worry about them being looking too big on my tiny head lol 
leakage is not a problem since i test them by taking off my head and almost all the time i cannot hear it when held in front of me 

and no on ears and iem's are a nono for me they have bad soundstage and i dont have a good enough pair :frowning2:

I was more referencing the fact that most open-backed, over ear phones are expensive and quite flashy, and if you're walking down the street its quite likely that you'll get mugged...

Plus there quite a few on-ears with good soundstage. I have an on-ear vintage can with marvelous soundstage.

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #2,782 of 6,356
Quote:
...had a dream involving sharp sibilance

funny, because 2 days ago. the Dream i remembered was that some jerk had stolen and destroyed my beloved pair of Koss Portapros.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #2,785 of 6,356
When you don't feel that your stock mp3 player isn't giving enough juice to run you headphones right, then have an urge to buy an amplifier.. Doing this and none of your friends understand why you need an amp..sorry for my bad english..
atsmile.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #2,786 of 6,356
That's not bad english. Sounds about right to me though.
Quote:
When you don't feel that your stock mp3 player isn't giving enough juice to run you headphones right, then have an urge to buy an amplifier.. Doing this and none of your friends understand why you need an amp..sorry for my bad english..
atsmile.gif

...when you regret telling your friends about your purchases because they just dont understand. 

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #2,788 of 6,356
I was speaking more in terms of how I'm waiting on my Tera Player to arrive and every friend I've told about it tells me I'm silly, to which I agree but also grin really wide. They don't know yet I'm gonna be happy even if it performs only minorly better than my iPod right now as I love the idea of it's portability and simplicity. I've decided not to let any more friends know about it till I can plug them in to one of the audio jacks and show them why it's better than just some expensive bottle opener (If you read the Tera-player.com webpage, you will know what I mean).
Quote:
True.. It feels useless explaining to them sometimes.. But I love the look of puzzlement on their faces I see when I'm explaining.. 
popcorn.gif

EDIT: One friend in particular says the Tera Player sounds inconvenient and not portable/practical, yet my music listening style is pretty consistent, and I won't really need to have all my music on one SD card nor will I ever be listening to all of that in one listening session, but I am always mobile so a small case of SD cards is not a big deal if the device itself is nice and small so i can throw it in my pocket. I'm a college student that lives at home and commutes to school each day. When I have a long gap between classes I like to stroll around campus and listen to music. This will do it's job perfectly. And sacrifices will always need to be made, at least with this one it's not a sacrifice of pocket space. The Tera Player will easily fit in my jeans coin pocket or I will craft a belt clip for it and be a very happy person having great music in such a small package. 

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #2,789 of 6,356
Quote:
I was speaking more in terms of how I'm waiting on my Tera Player to arrive and every friend I've told about it tells me I'm silly, to which I agree but also grin really wide. They don't know yet I'm gonna be happy even if it performs only minorly better than my iPod right now as I love the idea of it's portability and simplicity. I've decided not to let any more friends know about it till I can plug them in to one of the audio jacks and show them why it's better than just some expensive bottle opener (If you read the Tera-player.com webpage, you will know what I mean).

EDIT: One friend in particular says the Tera Player sounds inconvenient and not portable/practical, yet my music listening style is pretty consistent, and I won't really need to have all my music on one SD card nor will I ever be listening to all of that in one listening session, but I am always mobile so a small case of SD cards is not a big deal if the device itself is nice and small so i can throw it in my pocket. I'm a college student that lives at home and commutes to school each day. When I have a long gap between classes I like to stroll around campus and listen to music. This will do it's job perfectly. And sacrifices will always need to be made, at least with this one it's not a sacrifice of pocket space. The Tera Player will easily fit in my jeans coin pocket or I will craft a belt clip for it and be a very happy person having great music in such a small package. 

I want to try one of those players but they're not available in my county.. 
blink.gif
 Are they really expensive compared to other top end music players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back