You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #302 of 6,356
indeed, if your receiver cannot support all of them buy one that can matrix the rest of them! (audysseys 11.2 configuration comes to mind)

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #303 of 6,356
When you can spend an entire weekend listening to music and chain smoking and deem it successful.

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #304 of 6,356
You take out a beautiful cigar, 40 minutes later you wonder where it went. Nothing left to do but have another then rinse and repeat.

I love this forum for making me poor 
k701smile.gif

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #305 of 6,356
When u start judging people by the headphones they use/own..!!

corollary #1 : A man is known by the headphones/speakers he keeps.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #308 of 6,356
When you consider working on expanding and organizing your music library, as well as fiddling in foobar2000, a daily task that has higher urgency than the upcoming exams.
Also the quest for finding that lossless download of your favourite albums. In some cases I have spend hours looking for one single album.

When you look at other people's laptops during class (I'm on a school where macbooks are supplief by the school and used during lessons) and see them playing games or sitting on facebook, then you look back at your own screen and see head-fi or other websites on audio gear.

When you become cheerful if one of your friend's 'sees the light' and spends >50 euros on a headphone. And when you start raging at your friend's Logitech G35, because he would have had better fidelity by buying a good headphone, a cheap soundcard and a cheap seperate microphone.

Apr 14, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #310 of 6,356
when you do are starting to argue with the manager of some headphones factory because there is no store that has that headphone in your country, and you do really make noise to the manager of (headphone factory) to export imediatly 150 pcs to your country, no matter what.....

Apr 14, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #311 of 6,356
when your on a spare and instead of going on face book your on an audio related website such as head-fi.

you tend to avoid conversations because you want to enjoy your tunes on your $500 amp and $1000 headphones.

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #312 of 6,356
When the sight of five people in a row wearing Beats makes you cringe and verbally express disgust (Sadly happened to me today...what's wrong with college kids these days?).

When you experience a flash of rage when people wearing Beats look at your nice headphones and act like you're the one with the cheap headphones, walking off with an undeserved smugness.

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #315 of 6,356
When you shave your head queball bald JUST so the headphones form a better seal against your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back