You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #288 of 6,356
Apr 12, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #289 of 6,356
not really, expensive headphones are audiphile, not idiotic, i can be sure of that... at least if we are talking about iems, if you say that is idiotic, then you never heard anything over 400$.... my sennheiser ie8 are really worthing their price..... really!.....

Apr 12, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #290 of 6,356
That $150 cable you show there is the USB-Ipod LOD cable from ALO, it is used with the Algorhythm Solo I will be buying that cable after I buy the Solo next month. I have no choice I don't want to trudge a 1.5m cable with my portastack, gotta keep it slim, are the prices ALO charges rapist? Yes, but he is the only one with the cable right now.

I spent $500 on my Markl Adreniline cable for my HD800's and when I get the Triad Audio Valvecode I'm going to buy a 3meter balanced Adreniline cable, I think it is around 700-800$ I like the Adreniline cable because it is nice looking and VERY flexible

Apr 12, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #291 of 6,356
I know when me and the girl lays out in front of the the TV..
2 minutes and my phones are on volume up,eyes closed :p

she thinks Iḿ stupid/crazy/odd but she accepts it and lets me be :)

Apr 12, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #292 of 6,356
Okay, What I meant by my statement was that "only the people who buy audio products without researching them are idiots"
Most just listen to friends and families, but not third parties such as this forum, dedicated audiophile blogs, etc etc."

Apr 12, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #294 of 6,356
yeah I'll second that. Walking down my dorm everybodies in their rooms listening to their laptop speakers and it drives me crazy!!!

Also you know your an audiophile when somebody walks into your room and the first thing they say is "Whoaaaa why do you have so many headphones???"

Quote:
I know I'm an audiophile because when I listen to "normal" audio I feel a pain in my head and a feeling that I am missing out on truism!

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #295 of 6,356

Quote:
yeah I'll second that. Walking down my dorm everybodies in their rooms listening to their laptop speakers and it drives me crazy!!!

Also you know your an audiophile when somebody walks into your room and the first thing they say is "Whoaaaa why do you have so many headphones???"

Be happy that they're not listening on their subwoofers. You're lucky.

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #296 of 6,356
lol I'm the one with the 15" sunfire woofer, I actually first got into headfi because I had gotten so many complaints from people on my floor and wanted some quality headphones...

...then about $1200 later 
dt880smile.png

Quote:
Be happy that they're not listening on their subwoofers. You're lucky.

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #297 of 6,356
When you start comparing either different recording studios between each other of a same album and also 320 kbps to other 320 kbps mp3 recordings and hear it's not used with the optimal software/encoder for ripping cuz you are able to discern some small differences.

Happened when I paid for and downloaded an album recently from a pretty popular site in Finland for mp3 downloads but I wasn't quite convinced about the sound quality despite 320 kbps. I checked what encoder was used and it said lame 3.98 beta which should be fine but then I grabbed it from a different *cough* source in 320 kbps except for the main track I liked the most was in VBR v2 :frowning2: and all the 320 kbps sounded a bit better than the other 320 kbps files I had paid for. The encoder for this other files were lame 3.98. There was also appearently different recording studio labels on them, one had RCA records (well this is what was filled in in the metadata for me anyway) which I had paid for and the other was most likely from Sony BMG (however the field is left empty but googling around I also find a Sony BMG label on this album). The sony one had crisper and a bit brighter sound with slightly easier to hear fine details while the other was a bit smoother sounding. Should have went for a physical album copy and ripped it myself or was it simply the different recording studios which make such a difference?

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #298 of 6,356
When you find yourself trying to build a car stereo system WITHOUT booming bass. It's not an easy challenge! I'm thinking polk 8" woofer to compliment my alpine 6 1/2" rears, and some polk components up front?

When you have the balls to walk around in public with wooden headphones.

When you base your seating to play blackops solely on where you can get the best speaker imaging.

When you search your basement for audio gems of years past (and if you're lucky, you'll find a pair of old fisher floor standers...now if only i can find a 100w amp to power the 15" beasts.)

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #299 of 6,356

Quote:
When you find yourself trying to build a car stereo system WITHOUT booming bass. It's not an easy challenge! I'm thinking polk 8" woofer to compliment my alpine 6 1/2" rears, and some polk components up front?

When you have the balls to walk around in public with wooden headphones.

When you base your seating to play blackops solely on where you can get the best speaker imaging.

When you search your basement for audio gems of years past (and if you're lucky, you'll find a pair of old fisher floor standers...now if only i can find a 100w amp to power the 15" beasts.)

lmao, i can relate!

Apr 12, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #300 of 6,356
Quote:

People who come in my room are more like "Why do you have so many speakers?" (especially since I have some 4' tall speakers in the middle of my room) It's not really ideal but I don't have anywhere else to store a bunch of my speakers but my main listening room. And ironically enough a big pair of speakers that will sound wonderful when I get the woofers refoamed are blocking my pair of good speakers, likely reflecting a bunch of the sound. Actually there's audio gear everywhere in here, a CD player, my three headphones, lots of various speaker wire on the spool and some interconnects. Any time I get something new that replaces one piece my room is more packed. I suppose you know you're an audiophile when you're in a room full of equipment you're not using right now but have a reason for owning all of and adamantly defend owning it (It's not in the way, it's just not in an optimal listening spot!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back