You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #331 of 6,356
lol great thread. idk about you guys but i came to the realization i was an audiophile when i spend all day on a diy project and forgot to eat, lets just say no food plus coffee equals horrible solder job.... haha      M

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #332 of 6,356
CD demagnetizers?? Discharging static buildup on LPs makes sense to an extent... but now you're saying that a motor and laser can magically magnetize and alter my CDs too?

How much is that going to set me back because I just have to have one now.

Less than $2500. How can you pass that up!

Apr 16, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #333 of 6,356
CD demagnetizers?? Discharging static buildup on LPs makes sense to an extent... but now you're saying that a motor and laser can magically magnetize and alter my CDs too?

"After you demagnetize your records on the DeMag, you will not believe the difference!"

Yeah, I won't believe that there is no difference after I paid $2500 to demagnetize plastic.

Furutech's claims are the worst I've ever heard. Like the highly priced outlet cover that improves your audio quality. Sure they make some nice plugs and all, but they are not really making any sense with the claims behind them.

How does a slight amount of magnetism (if it really does exist) affect anything enough to alter anything in a digital signal anyway?

In the end though, they're Furutech, it will sell just fine to unsuspecting buyers.

Apr 19, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #334 of 6,356
When you wear headphones even when not listening to music walking around on campus so those annoying people with flyers don't try to hand you one. I spotted one of them as I was eating lunch today - popped out my cans and put 'em on, didn't even turn anything on. Walked right past my table - works like a charm when you don't feel like talking to people!

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #335 of 6,356
^Far better a policy then antagonizing them.
"Dont you love animals? Take a flier"
"No but I eat animals...and children."

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #336 of 6,356
dont you eat children?

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #337 of 6,356

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #339 of 6,356
I have been running low on children, I mean do you know how hard it is today to find children on the streets? HARD!!! they always run and scream and fight back, call for an adult or stranger danger I tell ya what.

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #340 of 6,356

"After you demagnetize your records on the DeMag, you will not believe the difference!"

Yeah, I won't believe that there is no difference after I paid $2500 to demagnetize plastic.

Furutech's claims are the worst I've ever heard. Like the highly priced outlet cover that improves your audio quality. Sure they make some nice plugs and all, but they are not really making any sense with the claims behind them.

How does a slight amount of magnetism (if it really does exist) affect anything enough to alter anything in a digital signal anyway?

In the end though, they're Furutech, it will sell just fine to unsuspecting buyers.

From the 6moons review:

"Working with the DeMag revealed something else that is quite a concern. Demagnetizing a CD or DVD improves the sound, period. The point being, you better repeat the treatment every time you spin a disc. As stated earlier, the rotation of the disc in a player causes the disc to get magnetized. At the time we tested the Furutech, we also had the opportunity to compare two other "magic" disc enhancers, the Nespa #1 and Nespa Pro by Nanotech. Both treat a CD or DVD permanently and with great results, by applying strong flashes of light as you can read in earlier reviews and in an upcoming coproduction with Srajan. Besides a difference in light power between the #1 and Pro, there is a difference in how the two Nespas hold the disc. The Pro uses a push'n'click release where the #1 uses a magnetic puck. Yes, a magnet holds the CD/DVD down while it is being treated. This method is also used by nearly every manufacturer of top-loading transports."

A magnet you say? But you said magnets were bad? /brain fries

Apr 20, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #342 of 6,356
This happened to me today.
When you feel dizzy right before an important math test and you really need to drink something, or otherwise you will collapse, but find it difficult to spend money on that little coke as it costs $1.75.
To think I could have saved that money to buy headphones! Every little bit counts, even if it means failing my math test because I would not be able to concentrate.

Apr 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #343 of 6,356

Quote:
When you spell the word 'sure' as 'shure'.  I keep seeing that on here lol

lol i almost do that every time. i usually correct myself though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back