You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #211 of 6,356

Quote:
... your list of potential activities to do while listening to music is limited by the length of your headphone cable.

... you're listening so intently that you lose track of time, forget to get your clothes out of the dryer in the laundry room, and they lock it up for the night.

ya both of these apply to me.

personally you know your an audiophile when you refuse to listen to files that are not flac or alac.
you are an audiophile when you recognize all the high end headphones everyone has in public.

Apr 2, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #212 of 6,356
You know you are an audiophile when you keep hanging out at audio stores and trying out all their headphones plus all the sennheiser,grado,akg,audio technica and other headphone companies know you on a first name basis.

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #213 of 6,356

Quote:
You get different cans for different music genres.

Seriously, that's nuts when you think about it.

I guess I am because I do this.. and I think it's nuts.. Also when you use different amps for different cans..

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #214 of 6,356
Quote:
You get different cans for different music genres.

Seriously, that's nuts when you think about it.

Quote:
I guess I am because I do this.. and I think it's nuts.. Also when you use different amps for different cans..

I avoid that as much as I can because it makes random play useless.

Apr 2, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #217 of 6,356
... when you spend more time drooling over the spectrogram than the music itself.
... when you discover each time you're listening to an album more and more details in the music you haven't discovered before.
... when you sell your prior headphones to your friends to make sure you're not the only one caring about good music experience.

Apr 2, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #218 of 6,356

Nicely put!
Quote:
... when you spend more time drooling over the spectrogram than the music itself.
... when you discover each time you're listening to an album more and more details in the music you haven't discovered before.
... when you sell your prior headphones to your friends to make sure you're not the only one caring about good music experience.

Apr 2, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #219 of 6,356
when you avoid places where loud noise or music played such as dance clubs, despite the pleas of your lady friend, because you don't want to risk damaging your hearing.

Apr 2, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #220 of 6,356

Quote:
when you avoid places where loud noise or music played such as dance clubs, despite the pleas of your lady friend, because you don't want to risk damaging your hearing.

+1

Apr 2, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #221 of 6,356

Quote:

I just went to a Royksopp concert and was thinking I was doing a terrible thing to my ears as I was right up front and getting the full effect of the bass.

Apr 2, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #222 of 6,356

Quote:
I just went to a Royksopp concert and was thinking I was doing a terrible thing to my ears as I was right up front and getting the full effect of the bass.

smart idea would be to wear earplugs. i went to a rock concert and afterwords my ears were really ringing. and i was way at the back.

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #224 of 6,356
You don't understand why having multiple pairs of $1000 headphones could be construed as a waste of money.

You have a portable rig, but never actually go anywhere. (just in case)

You think about buying (or do buy) gear you know will not be better than what you already have, just so you can know what is sounds like

Buy gear as a placeholder, knowing you will sell it later, just so you have something now

Buy headphones best suited for styles of music you don't particularly like, just so you don't have any holes

You want to walk around with a bag of $50 cans to give out to everyone you see wearing Beats

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #225 of 6,356

Quote:
When you spend hours researching audio stuff you do not intend to buy - just to know what is available out there. Not to mention buying headphones you have never heard :wink:

and then you buy it anyways......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back